Smile For Me

Collision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byul's POV

7:48 am. 

I glanced on the wall clock while shoving the stuffs I need for school in my backpack. 

Cold air touched my skin and sent shivers down my spine. Thank God I have a coat on and a scarf around my neck. 

Aha, I could already feel that winter is coming to town. I thought as I looked up at the clear sky. 

“Unnie!”

I turned around only to see that my midget friend, Whee In, panting so hard like she was about to face death. 

“It's early in the morning and you want to die already?” I chuckled as I messed up her hair. Whee In was wearing a yellow sweatshirt that says “the difference between pizza and your opinion is that I asked for pizza,” black jeans, an adidas white stan smith and a white New York Yankees baseball cap. 

“Unnie yah! We're running late and you still have the guts to make fun of me, huh? Can I at least be greeted with a good morning instead of making fun of me and messing up my hair?” Whee In whined like a child. I giggled. I like making fun of her because she's just so small yet could choke anyone with her bare hands. 

“Pup, it's only 7:50. You're exaggerating as always,” I rolled my eyes at her and chuckled. She crossed her arms and started to walk away from me. I giggled and walked pass by her. 

“Goodmorning, Jung Whee In!” I greeted her as I scrunched up my nose while smiling really hard at her. 

“What's the good in morning anyways? Get out of my way. And plus, I won't let you copy my homework for you,” she scoffed, still crossing her arms while walking. 

“Yah! I'm just teasing you! C'mon, how do you know I didn't do the homework?” 

“You're not Moon Byul if you do homework,” she sighed while uncrossing her arms. She's right. She knows my lazy gaming is too strong for the universe to handle. 

“You're so judgemental, pup. I'm hurt,” I faked crying. “I had a headache last night that's why I didn't do the homework,” I added. It's true I had a throbbing headache last night. It was really awful. But thank the heavens that I woke up feeling light and cool. But even though I hadn't had a headache I still wouldn't bother to do the homework. 

“Meh. Liar. But if you hadn't had a headache, you still wouldn't mind doing it though," she scoffed. I swear this girl knows too much about me. I chuckled as I was putting both of my hands inside the pocket of my coat. 

“So... No copying of homework for today, eh?” I awkwardly smiled at her. She sighed. 

“Fine. But you should treat me lunch,” she wiggled her eyebrows while smiling, showing her dimple. 

Lunch? Wow, this girl is too wise. Let's see who's wiser. 

“Uh-oh, you know what? It's okay if you don't let me copy your homework. Maybe some of your answers aren't even accurate,” I pretended to be looking far away as if I'm in deep thoughts.

“Hmm? That's insulting for you to say...” she stopped on her tracks. She pouted. I chuckled. I know this girl too much to be affected by her actions. 

“That doesn't work for me, kid,” I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Ugh! You're so annoying!" she exclaimed.  She walked pass by me. I giggled. I gave in this time. 

"Okay, okay. Slow down," I said as I was trying to catch up beside her. She sighed. She's definitely so annoyed of me. "Hey, I'm treating you lunch but I swear If I don't get a perfect score, I'll annoy you forever," I threatened her, trying my best not to burst out laughing.

"Who said I was going to let you copy my homework? That doesn't work for me, unnie," she winked at me. Ah, this girl is using her head.

"I was going to say that I would buy you garlic chicken for lunch but I guess.." I trailed off, waiting for her reaction. I was right. I saw her eyes twinkled from what I just told her.

"What did you say again?" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"I said I was planning to buy you garlic chicken for lunch," I faked sighing.

"Okay! DEAL!" she high-fived me, smiling.

She's unbelievable. She went from beast mode to happy mode just because she heard me telling her that I'm going to buy her garlic chicken for lunch. I guess she's wiser than me.

Whee In: 1. Moon Byul: 0.
 

I heard the bell rang which means that it's lunch time. I checked the time on my phone.

12:47 pm.

I'm really thankful that Whee In and I have the same class schedule. Sometimes I wonder if I'm dumb or Whee In is just way too smart. Whee In and I are both seniors here in Bucheon Hills High. I'm 17 and Whee In is 16. We have been friends since junior high school though it's our first time to be in the same classes together. Maybe we got lucky this year. I couldn't be more thankful enough to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter