Closer

If Only You Knew

""Unnie why didn't you think of this earlier? You're flight is tonight and you decide to prepare a surprise for him now?!" Wheein looked at her unnie with exasperation. "Wheein ah.. I just thought about it and I wanna do something for him, I'm always receiving from him and I wanna give back. We've been together for... I mean it's been 200 days since we've met for the show. Trust me.. I wish I thought about it earlier too." Wheein watched as Solar took the Roses from the florist. She continued watching as Solar started writing the card with a cheeky grin on her face. Seeing how excited Solar was she let out a sigh before finally saying "Fine.. tell me how I can help" "It's okay. I've gotton everything I nee... OMG! The cake! I forgot the cake!" Eyes wide and panicked, Solar grabbed her stuff and ran out with Wheein scrambling to catch up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~God her voice is so beautiful. And she's so sweet. Choosing to sing the song I sang for her the first time we met.~

Eric and Solar never took their eyes off each other. Solar was focused on making sure he felt her sincerity and Eric.. he was just in awe. In that moment she looked perfect to him and he could not take his eyes off of her even if he wanted to. When the song came to an end Solar started to speak. Eric listened quietly. He knew she was trying her best to express herself and he loved that she didn't shy away from his gaze.

~That was such a mess~

"Thank you"

Eric was very touched by her efforts to do something for him. Even if it wasn't perfect by her standards, it was perfect to him. After her little speech, he spread out his arm to give her a one armed hug and hugged her tight. In the midst of all this, he noticed her ring was back. As if this event wasn't enough, Solar just made him so much happier for having the ring back on. He hoped she noticed his too.

~Oppa.. I tried.. I know I messed up a little but I hope you liked it. At least you look like you did~ 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow! OMG wow it's so pretty" Solar exclaimed.

Solar and Eric were spending their last day in Dubai. They had so much fun during their trip together. Their amazing visit to the Burj Khalifa, enjoyable drive through the dessert, interesting dance experience, fun trip to the theme park and their luxurious yacht ride. Everything, all of it felt perfect and now they were ending their day at the Dubai fountain.

"Yeah It is very beautiful," Eric said as well. Slightly after he said that, he turned to his right. He just blatantly stared at her. Solar was too mesmorised by the fountain to notice.

~And yeah, you are very beautiful too, I'm glad you're enjoying this. I meant what I said when we were on the yacht... if you enjoy it, so will I~

Eric was not only in awe of the fountain's beauty, he was awestruck by how beautiful Solar looked as well. When it was all over he looked over at her once again and said that it was beautiful again and this time he was only talking about his YongSun. When they were sharing how they both felt about their trip the both of them just kept staring into each other's eyes. They somehow just knew that this trip was invaluable for their relationship. Solar felt so much more comfortable with him and Eric knew she was too. Everything happened so naturally this time, they did not force anything and Eric couldn't have wished for more. He still wasn't sure how he was going to confess to her, but now he was sure that he will tell her his feelings no matter what. He was sure she's the one. And he was glad that he already had such amazing memories with her. As they walked away hand in hand, the both of them thought the same thing, 

~I want you to know, what you mean to me~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh your hair colour has changed and I think you're makeup did too right?"

They finally had a filming day again after their trip to Dubai and Eric couldn't help but notice the difference in his crush's look.

"Oh no no it just looks different cos I dyed my hair"

"I don't think so, aren't your eyes different too?"

"Oh the lenses.. OMG wow how did you know?"

"Well it is different"

I can't believe he noticed that. I should have expected it though, I know he pays attention to everything I do.~

~ It's impossible for me not to notice, not when you look this beautiful~

"You look like a fairy from a comic book"

Solar was a little flustered by that comment. She started blushing. She didn't know what to say to that so she just playfully told him not to embarrass her. But on the inside she loved it. Eric was getting more and more confident with his comments. He felt that there was no longer a need for him to hide the way he felt. Dubai gave him more confidence and he really started to feel that he had a chance with Solar. Solar also started wondering about how it would be like if they actually did start dating and as they started to looking through the pictures and decorating their house with them, Eric really could not help but wish that all of this was real. But this feeling of bliss that the 2 of them shared was short lived. They finally got to see each other after a while but filming had to end early because they both had schedules to get to. Soon after they were done filming Solar's Manager gave her a call.

"Hey, I'm already here. Be down in 5 min alright?"

Solar had no choice but to agree. She did not really want to go but she knew she had to. When she looked over at Eric she watched him nod with understanding albeit with a sad smile on his face.

"You have to go already don't you?"

"Yes oppa, I do"

"Comeback prep?"

"Yes"

"Alright, good luck and do your best"

Eric spread his arms out intending to move forward to give her a hug, but to his surprise, Solar walked straight into his arms on her own.

"Thanks oppa. What schedule do you have?"

"I have an event to perform at"

Solar was still in his embrace when she asked him that so she had her head back looking up at him.Eric was looking down at her while speaking. She looked so cute and he wanted this to last forever. Little did he know, so did she. But when her phone started ringing again the both of them parted unwillingly. It was her manager unnie again and Solar let out a sigh. "I'll get going oppa. I'll call you later once I am done"

"Oh.. erm yeah okay, I would love that"

The both of them just exchanged shy smiles before Solar left their apartment. Eric actually had to leave too but he didn't really want to send her off so he thought he'd call his manager a little later and hang around in their house for a while. He walked back over to that picture Solar seemed to hate so much.

"I don't get it, why don't you like it? You looked so beautiful. And when you wore that black one god you were beautiful"

Technically Eric was talking to himself but he spoke as if she was actually there and telling her what he felt. But he knew she wasn't and let out a sigh. He wanted to spend more time with her. More than that, he started to realise he wanted to come back to her, like he would to a real wife. He knew that there was a long way to go for that but for some reason, even before actually being a real couple, he saw himself spending the rest of his life with her. But for tonight, he had to settle for their phone call that she promised to make. She never was the one to call him, but she offered and he could not wait. So after looking at some of the other photos he finally called his manager and waited to head to his schedule. He enjoyed his schedules and being with his fans but today, for the first time in a while he also had something he could look forward to after his schedule was over and just the thought of that brought a goofy smile to his face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Oppa, did I wake you?"

"Oh no you didn't!"

In all honesty, Solar actually did wake Eric with her call. But before answering, he made sure to clear his throat so that all evidence of sleep won't be there. He wanted to stay awake to talk to her but drifted off to sleep at a certain point while watching a random movie which was actually intended to keep him awake. 

"What are you doing awake so late at night?"

Solar was a little shocked that he was awake but she believed him because he usually has his phone on vibrate but she had no idea that this time he had his phone volume on full just so he won't miss her call.

"I.. was waiting for you call"

"oh... I 'm glad you did"

Both of them were blushing. They were shocked by each other's bold words but were enjoying it regardless.

"So, how was comeback prep?"

"It was tiring. Our choreography has some moves that I did not quite get so immediately so I had to work a little harder than the rest of them."

"oh so the audio recording is all done?"

"Oh no oppa we are still tweaking it a little but we are rehearsing our dance to the rough recording we did earlier on in our comeback prep"

"I bet it's going to be amazing as usual"

"I'll let you listen to it once it's done. Before it's released. I wanna know what you think"

"I would really love that. Thank you." Eric was particularly touched that she wanted to show him her song before it was released. He had even mentioned it before while in the wgm black room. He loved to show his new song to people he was particularly close to and get their opinions. He loved it when she showed him her concert performance and he loved it more now especially since she said she would without him even asking her to.

"Actually, I think I can sing... okay maybe not"

"You wanna sing it for me instead?! Please do! I want to hear it"

Solar was hitting herself for having suggested that. Playing a recording for him was one thing but singing it to him was a little..more. And this song's lyrics was a little bold, more so than any of their other songs.

"C'mon Yongsun-ah just sing the chorus for me"

Solar literally face palmed. The chorus happened to be her part and that part was particularly bold. But she had already suggested it and Eric did sound like he really wanted to hear it. Eventually after convincing herself that singing it to him over the phone avoided her having to hide her blush she took a deep breath and started singing for him, starting with the verse just before the chorus.

When it got to the chorus it was Eric who found himself blushing. He was not expecting such lyrics. The first line of the chorus went "When our lips meet I feel good". He found himself imagining what it would feel like. He literally slapped himself to get those thoughts out of his head. After hearing that Solar stopped singing and asked him what happened.

"Oh no I just killed a mosquito. Nothing else. You were very y, I MEAN THE SONG.. the song is very y. The lyrics are... nice"

~What the hell was I thinking! I thought her voice was y but I was not intending to say that out loud!~

~Ahahaha oppa sounds so flustered. It's adorable. I bet he is blushing as much as I am~

"I erm yeah, Yongsun ah I am sure this song is going to be amazing."

"Thank you oppa, it means a lot for you to say that"

"You're amazing, I want you to remember that and always know that I will be here to support you no matter what"

Silence followed Eric's words. Solar was touched and at a lost for words. She was a little choked up as well but kept it together and said "thank you oppa"

Eric meant it. No matter what. Whether they did end up together or not, he was never going to give up on their friendship and he was going to be there for her forever. No matter how painful it might be. He would do anything to be by her side.

Solar wanted that to be true. She wanted him to be there for her forever. She could imagine.not having him around anymore. They just had too mich fun together.

"And I hope you know that I will too oppa"

"I do, and for a start, I know you have a long day ahead tomorrow so I'll be the understanding boyfriend and let you hang up and go to sleep". Eric said without realising that he messed up a little.

"B..Boyfriend?"

Eric's eyes widened, he finally realised that he had just referred to himself as her boyfriend. He knew he pretty much gave away his feelings but this was not the time to confess. He wanted to do it properly so he scrambled to cover up his mess.

"I.. well.. you know.. was just making a reference to how some couples cause one another to sleep late. I just wanted to tell you that you should go to sleep"

~GOD I hope she does not think I don't want to be her boyfriend! Trust me I want to so badly but it's just not the right time yet!~

~Did oppa just let that slip? But why didn't he just tell me how he feels since he already did? Oppa~ what are you waiting for?~

"Okay oppa, I won't keep you up either. But I know that our next filming will be much later so will you... please call me?"

"You bet I will, you don't have to ask and please don't hesitate"

"Thanks oppa, I will talk to you soon"

"I'll call you tomorrow"

~And maybe every day, I do wanna hear your voice every day, and that laugh of yours~

~Hehe, that's what I wanted and I'm glad you do too, I can't wait to talk to you again tomorrow oppa~

"Goodnight" They both said in unison and hung up before falling into a blissful slumber with thoughts of one another flowing through their minds.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I am sorry this chapter took forever, I just got a job and was a little overwhelmed for a while. But I will try to update a little more regularly from now on. But.. my ddongie couple T_T  I think you guys feel the same way too. But I will love them no matter what! 

But anyways comment please and keep reading.