Reason

If Only You Knew

"Hello Unnie! What's up? Why are you calling this late?"

"It's just that erm.. Byul-ah, do you think you can come over for a while?"

"Why Unnie? Is something wrong?"

"No, I just need someone to talk to, I need to figure something out."

"Oh okay I'll be there in a few"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So Unnie, what is it that couldn't wait till morning?"

"It's erm.. I think.."

"Unnie.. Just say it already"

"Ithinkhelikesme"

"What? Slow down. I couldn't understand you at all"

"I think he likes me"

"Who?"

"Oppa"

"... Ric Hyung?"

"Yeah"

"What makes you say that? He could just be doing everything for the show."

"That's what I thought at first. I mean we all know that he's a nice guy. Manners are in his blood. So I thought that you know.. it wouldn't have been any different if any other girl was chosen to be his wife"

"Yeah exactly"

"But, things have changed a little recently. All this while I felt that we would just be really good friends and I also thought that that's what he wanted as well but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. He's different"

"How so?"

"He's expressing his feelings more"

"While filming?"

"Yeah but.."

"That could mean anything. I see other couples do that all the time."

"But he's been doing that even when we're not filming. That's what's changed."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"That changes things"

"I know"

"Give me an example of what he's done off screen"

"He called me when New York was released and said my hair looked cute when no one else in this world would possibly think so. Then he asked me to hang out with him after filming but not before being hit by a jealousy spell after I mentioned that I will be on Duet Song festival again"

"..."

"Byul-ah, what does this mean? Am I overthinking it? Does he like me or not?"

"Okay firstly, I think your hair was cute too. Secondly, friends want to hang out all the time. Thirdly, okay this one is a little iffy but I don't know maybe you misread the jealousy?"

"..."

"Why do you look upset Unnie? Isn't that what you would prefer? You feel bad about him liking you because you don't like him back right?"

"..."

"Isn't that it? This is one sided right?"

"Byul-ah, I am not so sure about that anymore"

"... You like him?"

"I do. I mean I always have. I'm just starting to see him in a different light. But I don't know what all of it means yet. That's why I wanted to talk to you"

"..."

"Byul-ah why are you quiet all of a sudden"

"I was just.. thinking. Let me ask you a few questions."

"Okay"

"Does he make you smile?"

"Don't you already know that? I'm always happy and laughing when I am with him"

"That's not what I mean. Even when he's not around, does the thought of meeting him soon or something he did, make you smile?"

"Yes"

"Yeah I can see that it does, Do you miss him?"

"Yeah. I can't wait to see him again"

"... Do you think you'll be jealous seeing him with someone else?"

"I mean I did feel it a little then.. after his music video came out."

"What about the fact that he sang with Ailee at KCon and not you, even when the both of you were attending the same event"

"... I think his voice would sound better with mine"

"Jealousy check. One last thing."

"What is it?"

"Do you want him to be happy or do you want to be the reason for his happiness?"

"... I..."

"I'll leave you alone to think about it Unnie. I should get going."

"Byul-ah how did you know to ask these questions?"

"Experience"

"There's someone you like?"

"... Turns out..it's one-sided. So there's really no point"

"Aww, that's unfortunate, but you're amazing! That person just doesn't know what they're missing out on."

"Unnie.."

"Yeah?"

"I.. want you to be happy Unnie"

"I want you to be happy too and I hope you find the person who will be the reason for your happiness. I know you will."

"It's too late, she's taken"

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"Nothing Unnie... I'll.. get going now."

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yeah bye"

With a few heavy footsteps, MoonByul is out of Solar's Apartment. After shutting the door, Solar heads to her bed and lies there, just staring blankly at the ceiling.

~Are you the reason for my happiness oppa? And am I the reason for yours? ~

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________