Inseperable?

If Only You Knew

"YongSun ah~ what is it? You're zoning out again. Is something bothering you?"

"Oh no Oppa, don't worry. It's nothing."

Eric and Solar were on skype having a chat. This was pretty much how they had dates considering that both companies agreed they wanted it kept private for as long as possible. Solar was always excited to skype with him but there was something bothering her although she wasn't ready to talk about it. It did not help that Eric always brought up the members.

"How are the members doing today? I mean I did get to speak to Wheein and Hyejin yesterday so I know their doing good. What about Byul-ie? I haven't seen her around. Weren't you guys inseparable?"

That comment hit Solar. Hard. Inseparable. She never realised that Eric thought of Moonbyul and her that way. In fact, she just realised how true his words were. They were inseparable. Were. 

"OMG did I say something wrong? Yongsun-ah why are you crying?"

Tears were flowing uncontrollably and Solar didn't know what to say. She was confused, hurt and lonely and she did not even know how to tell him why she was upset. Eric wanted more than anything to be beside Solar to comfort her. 

"Yongsun-ah talk to me. What happened?"

Eric tried to get her to talk but noticed that she was retreating into herself the more he probed so he decided not to push it.

"Okay Yongsun-ah talk to me when you're ready. You know I will always be here for you right?"

"Thanks oppa."

That was all Solar could bring herself to say. She told Eric that she needed to rest and ended their skype call. Unable to still her mind, she started pacing around the room. She wanted to talk about it so badly. But how was she supposed to talk to him about this? Moonbyul, Her best friend confessed to her right after she confessed to Eric. They were just beginning their relationship as a real couple and she did not want to cause any unnecessary tension but she was just so confused. More than that, she missed her best friend. She wanted so much to be in her embrace right now and nothing else was going to make her feel better. That thought stopped her in her tracks.

~I want to be in Byul's embrace, not Eric's? That's just friendship love though right? I'm in love with Eric, aren't I? It doesn't mean anything else, does it? It can't. I just miss my best friend. That's all this is isn't it?~

Solar was so confused and frustrated but having no one to talk to, she decided to just head to bed. Good thing she was tired, because she drifted off to sleep really quickly.

 

 ~

"Unnie hurry up! We're going to be late for the fansign!"

"Okay okay! I'm ready!"

I hurriedly climbed into the car following Byul. The maknaes got the middle seats so Byul and I were at the back. Byul naturally sat close to me even though we had plenty of space. I mumbled that I was tired and leaned my head onto byul's shoulder. Wordlessly, byul wrapped her arms around me before leaning her head onto mine. I knew that byul hadn't been in the best of moods lately so I was very happy that she was still willing to hug me like this. 

 "Girls we're here!"

Hearing manager unnie's words I started to shift in my seat but I felt that byul wasn't releasing her grip. I looked up at her but she was a little zoned out. Sensing my stare she finally looked at me. With a sigh, she released her grip and in that one second I saw pain in her eyes. But why did she look at me like that?

But as soon as we stepped out of the car, she was all cheery and bright. She even hugged me and held onto my hand as we walked. There wasn't a trace of pain anymore. When we took our seats she still looked as happy as ever. Was this just fan service? 

I had to stop thinking about it as the fans started approaching us. While we were waiting for the next fan, Byul suddenly pulled my chair closer to her. That was greeted with a lot of cheers and when Byul started talking to me I started cheering on the inside. She even started being playful with me again. This isn't fan service is it? It couldn't be.  And when I lay my head down on the table, i leaned slightly towards Byul and she just natuarally placed her arms around me. Byul seems fine now. I think we are going to be alright. I was finally in a good mood and it was already time to head back to our apartments. But as soon as we got into the car I felt my heart sink. I saw it again. The pain in her eyes. What made it worse was that she was now sitting far away looking out the window and ignoring me. 

~

Solar started shifting in her bed and slowly opened her eyes. She stared up, she was feeling immense sadness and as she started to remember her dream she realised why. Moonbyul has had a crush on her all this while and the signs were all there. She just didn't notice it. And now their friendship was at stake. But as Solar moved to a sitting position she realised that that wasn't the only thing bothering her. She didn't want to lose their friendship. But now she found herself wondering was that all it was? Was that all she wanted? Did she want more? Then what about Eric? She knew she wanted nothing to change between her and Eric after WGM and she was sure that it meant that she wanted him to be her boyfriend and that it wasn't just friendship. At least until now.

"ARGH WHAT THE HELL IS IT THAT I FEEL?! JUST 2 WEEKS AGO I WAS SURE IT WAS ERIC! WHICH IS FRIENDSHIP AND WHICH IS LOVE?!" 

_______________________________________________________________

 

A/N: The timeline of events is getting pretty weird. The fansign i was referencing happened recently but here it happened before the confession. So just.. you know.. pretend it makes sense haha

Hope you guys like this chapter ^_^