Tension

If Only You Knew

1 year later~

"Yongsun Unnie.. what's taking you so long? We need to leave now if we are want to get there before sun down!" Wheein yelled out from Solar's Doorway.

"Alright wheein ah! I'm done, I'm done... Hyejin and Byul ready?"

"Yeah I picked them up first and they're waiting in the car, hurry let's go! I can't wait!" Wheein exclaimed excitedly.

The mamamoo members had planned a little retreat for themselves in Gwangu, just to give themselves a little time away from the city to rest and reset. They were just going to be away for 3 days but that was enough for all of them to be excited.  Like really excited. Just 5mins into the drive and they had the perfect travel songs playing and were jamming to it. The car did quieten down a little once they were out of the city, where all of them found themselves lost in thought or admiring the view surrounding them. 

The drive started with Wheein at the wheel and Hwasa next to her but when they had about an hour left to reach their destination, Wheein started to get a little tired. Thinking that Hwasa was a little tired too she was hoping to ask Moonbyul to take over so she stopped the car along the side of the road and turned around to ask.

"Byul Unnie, could you....."

Her voice trailed off as she took in the view she was greeted with.

Confused at why Wheein had stopped short without asking a question Hwasa turned to look too.

"Wheein ah, why did you st...op.... oh... " Hwasa managed to say.

The maknaes exchanged looks of confusion and turned to look back at their unnies.

Clearly at some point during the drive, Moonbyul and Solar had fallen asleep. Solar had her head on Moonbyul's shoulder while Moonbyul had her head rested on Solar's head. That part was still very normal in the eyes of the maknaes. Even the part where their arms were interlocked was still a normal thing that their unnies did. The maknaes were very used to seeing that but this time there was something different they had never witnessed before.  Solar and Moonbyul's fingers were also interlocked with both their hands resting on Moonbyul's lap. There was a possessiveness to the way Moonbyul held onto Solar and there was just this intimacy to the moment they were currently witnessing and that raised questions for the maknaes.

"Something looks different.... doesn't it?" Wheein finally asks tentatively.

"Yeah it does... but I'm not sure what to make of it" Hwasa answers slowly.

"Should we ask them about it later?" Wheein wonders curiously.

"I'm sure if there was something to tell, the unnies will tell us when they're ready, don't you think?" Hwasa ponders.

"I guess you're right.. maybe it's nothing and we're just imagining something that isn't there?" Wheein says somewhat trying to convince herself.

There was a long silence that followed till Hwasa spoke again. "Maybe... but anyway, we should probably get going.. do you want me to take over? You've been driving long enough."

"Thank you Hyejin-ah that would be great. That's kinda what I wanted to ask Byul unnie until.. well yeah nevermind that, let's switch seats and get going."

And with that said, the members were back on their way.

 

5mins before they were about to arrive Solar started shifting, waking Byul in the process. Noticing movement through the rearview mirror Hwasa called out to them.

"Unnies, you guys awake? Perfect timing.. we'll arrive at the guest house in 5mins. I hope you guys had a nice nap because we're planning to drop the luggage off and head straight out for a meal. We're starving!"

"Hmmmm yeah we're awake" The unnies mumbled as they start forcing their eyes open. When they finally got around to opening their eyes both of them found themselves looking at their intertwined fingers on Byul's lap. Naturally, smiles started spreading across both their faces but almost simultaneously their eyes registered shock and they hurriedly pulled their hands apart and straightened up. Both of them exchanged quick anxious looks before looking towards the maknaes wondering if they had seen anything.

Noticing first Solar quickly asks " Oh when did you guys switch seats?", mainly in an attempt to distract the maknaes.

"Oh about an hour ago I think.. Wheein-y was feeling tired so she was going to ask Byul Unnie to take over but we noticed both of you sleeping soundly so we decided to switch among ourselves." Hwasa said as she kept her eyes on the rearview mirror a little longer than she would have needed to.

"Erhem oh okay... Good.. Good thing Hyejin-ie was okay to... to take over". Moonbyul cursed under her breath for stumbling over her words like that, while Solar wished she hadn't even asked. Before they could have any more time to dwell on anything else they arrived at their guest house.

"Alright unnies, we're here! Let's grab our luggages and check in. We booked 2 rooms so Hwasa and I will take one and Unnies can have the other. We'll see you by the car in 15 minutes? We can all have a quick wash up first." Wheein instructed eager to head over to dinner.

"Alright" chorused the Unnies excitement still evident in their voices but laced with a tinge of anxiousness. The moment they got into their rooms and closed the door they stopped and looked at each other. Knowing what the other was thinking, Moonbyul said, " I think it's time we told them. There isn't going to a better opportunity than this" and Solar continued with "but maybe it can wait till tomorrow? Let's rest up and have a good dinner and think about how we go about this tomorrow?"

"Alright" Moonbyul agreed as they proceeded to wash up and head to the car.

Arriving at the restaurant, the members proceeded to take a seat and place their orders. However, the moment the waiter walked away, there was a slight tension in the air that became evident. The maknaes had questions and the unnies had answers but both parties seemed to have no intention to broach the topic. But the silence was driving Solar crazy and she finally decided to say something, abandoning all thoughts of waiting till the next day.

"I think you guys might have questions, and Byul and I have something we need to tell you. But let's not do this here, we can talk back in our room when we get back to the guest house. What do you guys say? hmm? This silence is killing me?" Solar finishes with a nervous laugh.

"Alright unnies, sorry if we made it weird. Let's talk when you're ready. Let's enjoy dinner first!" and as if planned the food arrived right at that moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What? You've been dating a year and you're only telling us now?! I mean we had our suspicions after today but you're telling us it has been a year?!" Hwasa questions with a little anger showing in her voice.

"Yeah.. A year unnie.. did you not trust us?" Wheein follows with a question of her own, a little crestfallen.

"Of course we trust you. Please do not ever think otherwise. We wanted to tell you earlier but.. but we wanted to be sure of it ourselves too. Our relationship started at a very confusing time.. and we needed time to figure things out.... how we were going to make things work. We didn't want to do anything that might hurt the group. You both know that as much as our fans will accept us.. the general public might not.. especially in our society here." Solar says while pausing to glance at Moonbyul.

"Yeah Wheein ah, Hyejin ah.. we've actually been meaning to tell you for the past 2 months but we haven't been able to find the right time.. Do you remember the time when Unnie and I said we wanted to talk to both of you but just before we could, our manager walked in? Or the time that you walked into the office when Unnie and I were there alone, and we wanted to tell you something as well but got called out by our manager again? We've really been trying to tell you and I hope you guys know we really had no intention to keep it from you for so long. The time just wasn't right." Moonbyul finishes and looks up at the maknaes.

"If you weren't trying to hide it, why'd you rush to let go of your hands and pretend you weren't? When we in the car earlier?" Hyejin asked, revealing what she witnessed.

"We wanted to be able tell you.. and not have you find out on your own. You both deserve that much" Solar said in return hoping the maknaes will understand.

"Alright, You won us over with that Unnie. We'll let you off for not telling us. Just promise us, no more big secrets from now on?" Wheein says getting a nod from Hwasa. Moonbyul and Solar let out a breath they didn't realise they were holding in.

"Promise" The unnies chimed finally earning a smile from the maknaes, leading to their own sigh of relief.

"Alright.. now that that's out of the way, spill it unnies. We want the details. What have we been missing out on?!"

"Hahaha where do we start... welI guess it started with Unnie breaking up with Eric..." Moonbyul started but the maknaes interrupted.

"YOU AND ERIC WERE TOGETHER?!" They chorused turning their gaze to Solar.

"Ahhh I'm sorry I couldn't tell you guys... it was over before it started and if you asked why we broke up it with have led to us telling you we were dating and we weren't ready for that.. it was kind of a package deal story to tell.. besides.. I broke his heart so bad it's kinda sad to talk about it" Solar finished off quietly.

"Okay fair enough.. maybe we'll save that for another day, we'll get back to you two. So... who confessed first?" Wheein asked eagerly.

"Well I guess you can say I did.. but it was kinda in a really angsty setting. I confessed when she told me that she and Eric had become a real couple. I got all upset and unnie wanted to know why and so I told her. That didn't exactly lead to anything. We only got together after Unnie confessed to me and told me she liked me back. That confession didn't really start off well either hahaha.. Basically it was a mess but it ended with us being together, so all good." Moonbyul as she looked over endearingly at Solar.

"Oh gosh stop with the heart eyes already. I guess this is what led to fans going crazy over 'Moonsun'. They probably have no idea how real their ship is even though they keep saying Moonsun is real hahahahah" Hwasa says teasingly while also finding her unnies absolutely adorable.

"Okay okay now how was the first *yawns* date?" Wheein managed although barely keeping her eyes open.

"Hahaha Wheein ah why don't we save the rest of the details for another day? You couldn't sleep in the car so you should get some rest. We've still got 3 more days with each other? No managers to interrupt anything. We'll tell you all about our first date tomorrow."

Agreeing to that, the maknaes got up and left the room leaving Moonsun alone to themselves.

"Well that wasn't so bad.. they were only upset that we didn't tell them and not about the fact that we are together" Solar said, relieved that the young ones didn't hate or despise them for being in a same- relationship.

"Yeah I'm glad they took it well. I really wish we managed to tell them earlier" Moonsun said as she wondered how much better things could have been for all 4 of them.

"What matters is that they know now and we can finally be comfortable about our relationship around them.. and not have to lie to or hide anything from them anymore. Feels like such a relief" Solar finishes with a smile.

"Yes that is 100% right. I'll even be able to do this around them now." Moonbyul says as she proceeds to give Solar a back hug and a peck on the cheek.

Laughing and finally at ease, the most they had been all day, Solar and Moonbyul head on to get ready for bed knowing they were going to have a fun yet interrogative day ahead of them the next day. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Thanks for sticking around! Read, comment and subscribe!

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou :)