Chapter Two

Acacia [Hiatus]

Immediately the day after, Myungsoo woke up just before the crack of dawn, roughly an hour before his dad wakes up to prepare the shop. Granted, he was not a morning person but he thought, ‘What the heck? No one’s going to notice anything at this time’. Also, the sooner he got this over with, the better. And even if he were to get caught in the progress, he would simply point fingers at Dongwoo; the older boy wasn’t a known troublemaker for nothing. Somewhere in his mind lingered onto Howon once he thought of the older boy. The poor guy- he always got dragged along by the other, willingly or not. It was almost a wonder how he managed to stay a high achieved student…the both of them actually.

 

Letting out a loud yawn and stretching his arms over his head, he pushed himself off the slightly worn futon and began preparing himself for the day.

 

--

 

Upon leaving the floor above their family restaurant, Myungsoo took his time and enjoyed the scenery as he strode alongside the long row of empty shops. The road was empty and quiet, save for the slight breeze passing by every so often- a pleasant surprise for the boy. He should come out around this time more often. It really calmed his mind.

 

However, it was only short-lived because Myungsoo could’ve sworn he heard someone coming his way. In the sudden rush of panic, he quickly swerved around and slid himself between the narrow walls of the nearby homes. He glanced around in alert, wondering where had that came from (and whether or not it was his father). After a long moment of silence, Myungsoo peered out. There seemed to be no one there. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a small “Meow” from behind and he came back onto the road, turning around only to be greeted by a small kitten who was passing by.

 

He rubbed his temple with a sigh. He hoped no one would catch him acting like this; knowing everyone, he would never hear the end of it.

 

It wasn’t long for him to reach the Governor’s home and like every other time he came around here, he couldn’t help but to feel awe at the size of it. The house- or rather, the tall white washed wall that surrounded it- was easily twice as long as his own home. It was also filled with various greenery within and out of its barrier- a truly beautiful sight.

 

But with its size and height, how was he going to get though (and where to locate that kid)?

 

Myungsoo hummed to himself as he roamed around, trying to find some sort of loophole. After casually pacing around the entire house once, he stopped right in front of a pair of trees by the corner in the back. They looked sturdy enough to bear his weight…and not to mention, they were tall enough for its branches to cross over the roof of the wall. He nodded once to himself and began climbing up. But seeing as he hasn’t climbed trees since he was a little boy, there were a few occasions where he nearly slipped from the trees. Thankfully in the end, he reached up safely.

 

With one last struggle, he pushed his upper half of his body against the rough, bumpy roof. And then came one of his legs. He let out a sigh of relief when he found himself lying in a stable position behind the thickets of the many tree branches. Perfect camouflage.

 

Now then…

 

Myungsoo shifted the leaves away and peered into what seemed to be the backyard followed by the porch of the Governor’s home. There, he spotted rows of vibrant colored flowers, bushels of greenery, and…even a koi pond beneath a small bridge! Now he was feeling a little envious- he wanted something like that by his home.

 

Suddenly, his eyes caught a movement within the large opening of the house. A person- they were about to come out into the yard.

 

Once they brought themselves into view against the silvery white glow of the full moon, Myungsoo let out an inaudible gasp of surprise.

 

Who…?

 

To be continued.

A/N: Who indeed. ^^ Sorry this is only a short update...I had an unexpectantly busy week...and an unexpectantly stressful one at that, which included long trips, a family reunion, and a car accident on New Years (caused by my sister)! And so, I'm tired. I have a feeling 2012's not going to bode well with me =_=;

Other than that, I really appreciated the comments and subscriptions. Much love to you all <3

 

Responses

ReddyHong: I'm happy you've taken interest into this story! I'll try my best to make the readers happy :D

WhatsOnTheCeiling: Ha ha, Myungsoo will find something spectacular 8D

hyundeul: Happy to know ^_^ Thanks for reading!

aegyoful: I had that sort of impression when I first saw Dongwoo 8D Thanks for reading~

hallyterry: Good to know this story caught your attention <3 Thanks for reading!

PeachCherryProposal: lol updated :) Thanks for reading~