Chapter Seven

Acacia [Hiatus]

"Sungyeol ah? Are you awake?" A voice called out, one that of a woman's.

 

The two jerked up as they shifted their gaze to the closed doors belonging to the larger part of the house. Oh no! Someone was about to come over!

 

The girl let out a gasp of surprise as her eyes darted from Myungsoo to the source within the complex. Myungsoo too looked quite unnerved by the sudden change of event. What was he supposed to do? He would be caught in mere moments and that would be the end of him!

 

Just as he was about to search for a place to hide, Sungyeol stood up and quickly pulled him into her room. And Myungsoo, who was taken aback by her action, could only stumble along as they both delved deeper into the room. During the short period, he also noted the fact that she was pretty strong when she pulled him, much to his surprise.

 

He watched as the girl took a glance around for a few second before she decided to push him into her closet- the only thing big enough to fit him.

 

"Ga-!" She nearly uttered a word, but before he could say a word about it (cause really, that meant she had a voice!), the door was quietly shut behind him, obscuring his vision and enveloping his being in darkness.

 

"Sungyeol ah? Are you awake?"

 

That voice again...it must be her mother or someone important. Myungsoo stayed silent, his heart thumping loudly in his ear as he waited for their conversation to start as well as praying to himself that there was nothing to give him away.

 

"Mm..." was the soft response, followed by the rustling of blankets and the slight tap of footsteps.

 

"You remember what day is it today?"

 

"Mm..."

 

"Good. Now make sure you get ready, okay? I'll come fetch you in a few minutes."

 

A moment of shuffling and soon, footsteps fade away. Despite the long silence after that, Myungsoo chose to remain in the closet, feeling very tensed about the situation. Who knows what would happen if he were to come out once he think the coast was clear? For all he knew, that woman would still be around or something.

 

Then, the door flew open, earning a sharp gasp from him. He was relieved immediately after, when his eyes met with Sungyeol's. But before he had time to react, she was already pulling him to the other end of the yard. "What's going on, Sungyeol?"

 

She merely shook her head in response. Once they reached there, she gave him a meaningful stare and traced three words on his palm. A few seconds later, Myungsoo paled as he whispered, "What do you mean 'don't come back'? Why?" He felt hurt. Was she tired of him already?Was that why she told him to stay away?

 

Sungyeol shook her head again, her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips thinned. Visiting...someone...another town.

 

"Does that mean...you're leaving?" Myungsoo questioned. His emotions were all over the place now. What was once pain and concern shifted to small bouts of hope and a little more of sorrow.

 

A quick nod.

 

"For how long?"

 

There was some hesitation, followed two hands raising all but three fingers.

 

"...Seven days."

 

Another nod, slower than the first.

 

Myungsoo looked slightly pained by the revelation that he won't be seeing Sungyeol for a week. Heck, he doesn't think he would be able to last an entire day without seeing her. "I see..." he trailed.

 

"Sungyeol ah? Are you ready yet?"

 

That woman again. The boy thought bitterly at the interference. Sungyeol gestured him to leave the premise quickly, something he was reluctant to do but he had to do it anyways. He took a step forward and paused.

 

Sungyeol glanced at him with concern. What was he waiting for? Just when she was about to give him a push, Myungsoo turned around, grabbed her hand, and leaned forward to peck her lips. That moment was probably the best in his life because Sungyeol's lips was soft and sweet...and better yet, she didn't push him away. He stayed there for another two seconds before he pulled away with a quirk of the lips. "See you in seven days then."

 

And with that, he vanished, leaving Sungyeol completely strucked until her name was called once again. Blinking her eyes repetitively, she took one last glance at the wall before she retreated back into her room to prepare herself.

 

To be continued.

A/N: Aaand they kissed 8D How'd you like that?
And omg! 55 subscribers already ;u; I love you guys. Really.

Responses

aegyoful: I know. This is technically part two, ha ha ^^; And yeah, probably x3

hyundeul: lol Surprising, no? Thanks for reading and commenting!

WhatsOnTheCeiling: Yeah, I know O_O Thank god, he's saved ;D

DMace9: And you guessed it! He hid in the closet 8D Thanks for reading and commenting!