Interlude: Secrets Are No Longer Secrets, Thanks to Lee Sungjong

Acacia [Hiatus]

"And guess what happened next, hyung?"

 

Sunggyu resisted the urge to heave a long sigh as he propped an arm against the wall as he tried hard to listen to Sungjong's enthused chatters. He had guessed it to be about approximately ten minutes when the other began, quickly forgetting that they had work to do. Thankfully though, Myungsoo had gotten some temporary assistance from Dongwoo and Howon, both whom rather work than to have their ears killed and punctured by Sungjong's droning gossips about their neighbours and other faceless people.

 

Catching onto Sungjong's expectant look, he bit back a groan and monotonously inquired, "So what happens next?"

 

"Why, Kim-ssi's wife decided to fight back and slapped his face before she called out for a divorce! And she screamed loud enough for the people a few houses away to hear!" The younger laughed, clapping his hands together. "It was pretty funny. Kim-ssi face had a bright red hand mark that lasted a few hours and he actually had the gall to stride in public with it. I mean, really, it makes me wonder whether he had seen himself in a mirror or not."

 

"Yes, that's really interesting, Sungjong." Sunggyu absently patted the boy's shoulder. "Can we go back to work now?"

 

A cute pout formed across Sungjong's lips as he tugged on the older's sleeve just as he was about to leave. "But I have one more to tell you! I have to let it out, you know?"

 

Why? Why must it be me? The older thought to himself, wanting to bang his head against the nearest wall. Closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose, he turned away and gestured the other to continue.

 

With a bright smile, the effeminate male leaned forward to whisper as if the piece of information he was about to give was precious. "The child of the governor left to another city, apparently to see a suitor!"

 

It took some time for Sunggyu's mind to comprehend but once it did, his eyes flew open with surprise. He gave Myungsoo a quick look before he gazed back to the person before him. "Say...say that again?" he uttered out, voice slightly cracked.

 

Sungjong blinked and repeated slow enough for Sunggyu to understand. "I said...the governor's child went off to see a suitor out of the city...to Suwon, in fact. I heard from a good friend of mine; he said the child being female is a high probability now."

 

"...I...see..." The older faltered, his eyes trailed down to the floor.

 

"...What's wrong, hyung?" Something was obviously wrong with Sunggyu if he was behaving this way. Sungjong didn't think it would affect him this much, considering that this was unrelated to him.

 

All Sunggyu could do is wave his hand. "No, there's nothing wrong." Then, he cleared his throat. "Come now, we have work to do. We can't let Dongwoo and Howon work for us."

 

"O-Okay."

 

--

 

"Hey, Sungjongie! Why so gloomy?"

 

Said boy frowned at his friend, who merely grinned in response. Usually, he'd be exceptionally thrilled to see the other but today, his mood had fallen and it was all Sunggyu and Myungsoo's fault. Throughout the day, they opted for a more depressed outlook and strode around as if they were ghosts or something akin to that. It frightened him to no end and unfortunately, he was the only one who noticed it all.

 

"Bad day at work." He muttered, turning away when an arm slung across his shoulders.

 

"That's too bad...so! Would you like to get the lastest news today?"

 

Sungjong shrugged. "Go for it." This caused the other to whine a little. "I've been trying hard to give you some piece of information and you casually shrugged about it? Where's your enthusiasm?"

 

"Gone with the wind." was the blunt reply. However, he did appear intrigued at this point. "So what do you have for me?"

 

"Jung-ssi, the old fisherman from the docks, has gone delusional. Said he found a strange monster from the distance...a sea creature with a neck as long as a palm tree and fins wide as fishing boats. Oh, and he claimed it to be a pale lavender color."

 

Sungjong stifled a giggle. "Yah. Are you fooling with me? That old man spouts the strangest things."

 

"Of course, I'm fooling with you. Your spirit needs uplifting...so did it work?"

 

He smiled brightly at the other as he nodded. "Brilliantly. Thanks, Dongho."

 

The boy mirrored the smile. "Anytime. So how about dinner?"

 

"You and your stomach..." Sungjong rolled his eyes and affectionately patted his head. "I guess why not? You better have more information for me and hopefully more intriguing than the one you've produced earlier."

 

End Interlude.

A/N: You know this was bound to happen right? These interludes. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to introduce everyone properly...save Myungsoo- he's pretty much the main character of this story. Also, I've done some work and there will be around 17-18 chapters total, interludes included.
And sorry for dashing your hopes for some MyungYeol moments ._.

Ehm...a general response to you all:
Yes, MyungYeol kissed lol
And yes...Woohyun will show up soon. Soon, soon. Soon, soon?
And no, I won't say a word -zips mouth-

I'm half-asleep (went to a party last night and before that, I was deeply immersed with roleplaying -bangs head for forgiveness-); however, I'm attempting to update all of my fics today. That's my goal.