Interlude: The Everyday Life of Jang Dongwoo

Acacia [Hiatus]

"Yah, Jang Dongwoo! Lee Howon! Where are you two?!"

 

The older boy quietly snickered to himself as he stood around an isolated corner of one of the many buildings in the business district, listening to the loud cries of the two guards who were searching for them. It had been no more than fifteen minutes when he called for a toilet break and sneaking Howon out from his class but it seemed like the people searching for them had gotten quicker at noticing things. It was too bad they didn't notice the moment he called for a break.

 

But it wasn't like he did this everyday. No, he was a good student four days a week. The other three...well, this happened.

 

As soon as he heard the footsteps trailed further and further, he turned around to face Howon, who was standing quietly beside him. In a way, he felt a bit guilty that he went and dragged the other into his world of mayhem; at the same time, however, there were also feelings of happiness surging through him because Howon was willing to follow him. He gave the younger boy a soft smile. "...You must be tired of this." He commented, his hand reached down to grab the other's.

 

"I'm fine." the younger responded with a smile of his own as he intertwined their fingers together. "I was getting kind of bored without you anyways."

 

Dongwoo's smile immediately stretched into a grin. "Come on, let's go see the others."

 

--

 

"You ran away again, didn't you, Jang Dongwoo?"

 

Said boy forced himself to look away when Sunggyu gave him a hard stare instead of a kind 'hello'. Seriously, what was wrong with saying 'hello'? "Aw, you know I wouldn't do that, hyung. Ha ha...ha..."

 

Again, the hard stare. Thinking of how easily Sunggyu saw through the lie, the boy gulped and retreated toward Howon's back. "...Maybe?"

 

Luckily for him, his lover tried to subdue the oldest by speaking in a calm manner (cause truthfully, he was about to comment carelessly about the amount of wrinkles and white hair the oldest was about to get if he continued on like this). "Hyung, you should know we've only done this to visit you. Haven't seen you and the others in a while, you know? Also, we haven't gotten any upcoming exams yet."

 

Yet. Their exams were within a week but Sunggyu didn't need to know that.

 

Sunggyu deflated a little. The other did had a point there...and it was true that they hadn't seen each other in a while...

 

"Aish. Whatever." He waved them off in favor of getting back to work. When the older took his leave, Dongwoo pulled Howon into a one arm hug. "You are a lifesaver! What will I ever do without you?"

 

The younger gave him a look and replied after a moment of thought, "...Personally, I don't want to think of the alternative. I'm fine where I am."

 

Dongwoo looked satisfied at the response as he whispered into the other's ear: "I'd kiss you but I'm too shy to pull off such a feat. Ha ha." Then, he pulled away with a wide smile and a tint of red on his cheeks. "Let's go and get something to eat. My treat."

 

--

 

"Those guards sure gave up easily." Dongwoo spoke up as the two strode through the marketplace once they left the restaurant. Sunggyu still wasn't pleased with them (him, more specifically) but the older usually returned to his caring mother-like self within a few minutes. That, Dongwoo was glad for.

 

Howon turned to the other and shrugged his shoulders, a small teasing smile on his lips. "More like they know you'll return in the next half hour because that's what you've done for the past week and a half."

 

Raising his arms and propping his intertwined hands behind his head, Dongwoo glanced over to meet his eyes. Once he did, his eyes trailed away as he muttered, "It's only because you want to. I want to go on a very, very long date next time around..."

 

For a moment, Howon stayed silent. Judging from the way his face was tilting down and his eyebrows scrunched together, the other assumed that he was planning to negotiate with him. That eventually came true when Howon spoke up: "...Say. Our exams are coming up soon."

 

The older gave a slow nod. "...Yes, I know."

 

He eyed Dongwoo for a moment longer. "Tell you what. If you manage to get a higher score than me, I'll take you on an extravagant date. That, and you'll also have me at your bidding."

 

"Seriously?" It wasn't everyday that Howon- quiet, mature Howon- gave an offer like this. It was almost like getting the whole shop of sweets for free (exaggerated but still...). "What happen if I don't though?"

 

Howon shrugged his shoulders. "The deal's off."

 

'So it's a win-win situation for me! And not to mention, a fifty percent chance of getting the deal!' "Alright, we have a deal." Dongwoo grinned as he connected his pinky with the other's. "Remember, it's a promise. Now let's hurry back, I've got some studying to do!"

 

 

End Interlude.

 

A/N: @[email protected] over-

And, yes, I am stalling! 8D...No, no, I'm kidding. I've been thinking about adding individual chapters so you can understand each character more, you know? They will appear at random times so expect the unexpected! But now, there's a problem (for me, that is): how many chapters are there going to be? @_@

The chapter you're waiting for will be posted tomorrow =/ That's a promise!

For now...(I hoped you'd) be sated with this:
based on Idol Week ep. 24


 

I'll be responding to replies in the next chapter m(_ _)m
Love you guys for still sticking around with this story! <3