Chapter Five

Acacia [Hiatus]

Myungsoo woke up around the same time as he had done the day before. However, instead of feeling small bouts of grumpiness and reluctance, he felt waves of anticipation. He was waiting for this moment. Why, he wasn't sure. His mind couldn't comprehend what his heart was doing to him.

 

Was it really...love? This emotion that bloomed within him...it was a difficult one to grasp.

 

He shrugged to himself. Now wasn't the time to be thinking about it. WIth a quick shower and a proper change of clothes, he was in and out the door within a few minutes.

 

--

 

It was another day cleared of people. Myungsoo had never thought about this before but why was that so? He thought the governor had full security around here.

 

Suspicious. Very suspicious.

 

But all in all, a good advantage for him.

 

Myungsoo took his position beneath the same tree and began to climb up. Once he reached the top, he carefully checked the yard. Surprisingly, the girl was still there, sitting on the same spot and taking a glance at the waning moon. For some reason, he felt entranced. Her eyes- though not focused on him- was dark and yet it held something that caught his heart.

 

He continued watching her for a while. And some time during it ( he wasn't sure when but it did), his position shifted. And it continued to shift until he lately realized he was about to topple over. With a short barely contained cry, he landed over the wall.

 

He let out a soft groan as he tried to move his limbs off the ground. Now that was stupid. Losing his balance was probably the most careless mistake he had done. Then, he heard a twig snap nearby. He practically leaped up to his feet and his eyes quickly spotted the one person he had been eying on. It looked like he was screwed. In the end, he did the only thing he could think of:

 

"H...Hello."

 

The girl stared at him for a moment before a smile reached her lips. She then inclined her head a bit in greeting. Feeling slightly flustered, Myungsoo could only return a gesture, his knees on the ground, his body bent, and his head lowered deeply as to show respect. "Um...my apologies for breaking and entering. Please let me go, I promise I won't come here anymore."

 

No response came from the girl as a wave of silence passed through them, one that felt very uncomfortable to Myungsoo. For all he knew, she probably sneaked away to call reinforcement by now. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all. 'Dongwoo-hyung, I am really hating you right now. You are forever banned from the restaurant. I will call for the guards to pick you up if you ever enter the complex.'

 

He suddenly flinched when a soft pressure of a hand was pressed over his left shoulder, along with a short series of pats. Relief washed over him once he realized that she was still there.

 

She patted him again, this time more urgently. His eyes darted around the dirt beneath his hands as he tried to understand why was she doing so. He raised his head up with hesitance and found himself staring at the frown on her face. As soon as she caught his attention, she lifted her hands levelly across her chest, palms up and raised them quickly.

 

It suddenly dawned on Myungsoo. Up, up! That was what she was trying to gesture.

 

This time, he didn't hesitate to do so. He shot up from the ground and stood stiffly before her. As soon as he did, Myungsoo's eyes trailed down to the mildly dirty shoes adorning his feet. 'Okay...what now?' He felt his mind blank with uncertainty. He wasn't much of a talker himself so what should he do in a situation like this (especially when the other didn't utter a single word since he accidentally landed in her yard)?

 

The boy nearly jumped when she raised a hand and gesture him to follow her. And like an obedient puppy, he did. When they reached the porch, she took a seat before she patted on the wooden surface beside her. Sit.

 

It took him a while but once he got his limbs moving again, he slowly took a seat beside her. She merely smiled at him before focusing on the yard before them.

 

Again with the silence...

 

Myungsoo rubbed one arm in apprehension before he cleared his throat. "S-So..."

 

She turned her attention to him, a look of mild curiosity flashed across her face.

 

He cleared his throat again, this time a little softer. "You're not...going to report me?"

 

The girl gave him a funny look before shaking her head. Wondering if it was okay to continue on, he questioned the one thing that bothered him the whole time he was here, "Are you unable to speak?"

 

For a second, he thought he saw her expression darkened but it disappeared as fast as it came. She shook her head, confirming his innocent inquiry. "...Oh." He scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "Sorry." He mumbled lately.

 

Through the corner of his eye, Myungsoo could see her shaking her head again before her hand reached his own. Suprised, he eyed her as she brought it to her lap, gently prying it open, and traced a word at his palm. It took a second for his mouth to run the word before his mind could.

 

"Sick...?"

 

She gave a nod before pointing to herself, emphasizing her response. At first, Myungsoo couldn't comprehend the word fully, considering that she didn't look sick to begin with. It was until a few more seconds later that he realized what she meant. "Oh...a life-long illness?" he inquired, one eyebrow dipped into a small frown.

 

The girl smiled sadly as she nodded once more. Myungsoo felt his heart pull like it had been the first time he saw her. "There's no cure?"

 

She shrugged her shoulder, looking uncertain herself. He glanced down to the remaining hand on his lap. To think that the person he wanted to get to know more about...was struck with a seemingly incurable disease. She could die at any moment then.

 

Myungsoo's head jolted up when he felt her fingers tapping his hand. Then, she wrote, I'm okay. His eyes focused on her as a reassuring smile graced her lips. And by that alone, the thought of her dying seemed to be slipping away from his mind.

 

"Ah...I..."

 

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a rooster cawing in the distance and it soon dawned on him that he need to leave if he didn't want to catch himself any more attention than he should. Eye tilted up, he could see the sky brightening. Yes, he should get going.

 

"Ah...I have to get going right now...before anyone gets suspicious about my disappearance." Myungsoo straightened himself and shifted his gaze to the girl. He was suddenly taken aback when he caught her staring back with a hint of disappointment. With his hand still in her hold, she wrote, Come back?

 

He blinked. She wanted him to come back. Really? "...Of course I will, milady."

 

The girl suddenly tensed but she immediately eased herself to relax so Myungsoo wouldn't notice. She nodded her head in response, satisfied. Then, a look of realization spread across her face before she wrote, Name?

 

It was a moment longer before Myungsoo too carried the same expression. How could he forget to introduce himself? He felt like banging his head against the nearest wall. "Ah, I forgot. My name is Myungsoo."

 

Myungsoo? She mouthed, as if to test the name. He couldn't help but to grin a little at the attempt.

 

"Neh, what's your name?"

 

She turned her gaze to his hand once more as she slowly traced her name on his palm. The words was then slowly etched in his mind and he whispered, "....Sung...yeol..." He looked down around the same time she tilted her head up, her eyes shone like the white moon in the sky. "Sungyeol..." he repeated, the name pleasant on his tongue.

 

The girl smiled brightly in response, her hands tightening just a bit around his for a moment before she let go.

 

Myungsoo returned the smile, along with an contained amount of hope in his voice as he spoke, "I'll see you next time then."

 

She nodded, her smile still apparent, even as he climbed the wall and eventually disappeared without a trace.

 

--

 

It wasn't until half the day passed that he had forgot to ask whether she was the one everyone was talking about or not.

 

...He didn't mind stalling. After all, they was no time limit.

 

 

To be continued.

A/N: I'm bad. I'm reeeally bad ._.

But nevertheless,....Readers, your suspicions has been confirmed!! 8D
You can laugh like crazy now. I know you want to.
(There's a reason for that, so stay tuned!)

 

Responses

theblackcat1236: There! Sungyeol showed up :D

hallyterry: Myungsoo hardly ever shows emotion so yeah 8D Thanks for reading and commenting!

WhatsOnTheCeiling: Thank you~ And cliffhanger begone :D

hyundeul: :O I here be pulling you from this cliffhanger xD

kiiroPRI: Eheh, it is part of Sungjong nature -laughs- thanks for reading and commenting~

PeachCherryProposal: Go ahead. Scream xD

DMace9: It is Sungjong's nature xD And Sungyeol is here! Thanks for reading and commenting!