Chapter Three

Acacia [Hiatus]

A girl.

 

It wasn’t just any girl; she looked to be a foreigner from Japan, with long midnight hair, deep, hypnotizing eyes, and a long white yukata encasing her thin delicate body, causing her to resemble closely a ghost. Or maybe it was Myungsoo’s eyes playing tricks on him...and maybe his heart because for some reason, it felt like it was beating a million miles per second.

 

He rubbed his eyes furiously for a moment and blinked them, focusing back to the girl. Yep, she was still there. So his mind wasn’t playing tricks on him after all...however, it was still unusual to see a person out of the country residing here in Seoul and in the governor's own home no less. Who was she, he wondered, and what was her relation with Governor Lee? Question after question barricaded his mind as he eyed her when she began gazing at the white moon. Perhaps she was some distant niece or cousin who came for a visit. Or maybe she was a person in need of a home. No, that didn’t sound right. She looked to be very familiar with her surroundings.

 

Maybe she was the one everyone was talking about?

 

Shifting his body forward for a closer look, he immediately ducked when she started eying her surroundings in alert. It must've been the rustling of the branches when his foot caught into it but he could've sworn that girl had some six sense or something because the sound of the trees was soft; even he could barely hear it. He soon let out the breath that he didn't know he was holding as he watched her sit at the edge of the porch and relaxed, her hands running through her dark hair.

 

After that, all Myungsoo did for the next few minutes was watch her. He wasn't sure why though, considering the entire point of his coming and invading this home was to investigate and confirm the kid's (teen's?) existence. And here was a japanese girl, sitting on the porch and carrying a sad, solemn expression on her pale face. He felt his heart pull- again, he wasn't sure why.

 

When the midnight blue sky began to brighten with the soft orange glow of the oncoming sun, it was then that Myungsoo conclude he should leave the premise. On an added note, he felt like he was stalking her the whole while he was there. He didn't think he would feel like a ert in his entire life.

 

With an inaudible sigh, he prepared himself as he grabbed on hold of the thickest branch nearby. And just as he was about to pull forward, his body jolted halt when he heard- or felt rather- a couple of knocks on the wall.

 

The very wall he was currently residing on.

 

'She...she knows.' was his first horrified thought. Eyes wide with shock and surprise, he let go of the branch slowly and shifted his upper body toward the yard once more. Indeed, the girl had disappeared from his sight.

 

He edged in a little more, his eyes trailed down. Lo and behold, he saw a slight peek of the head just a few feet below and again, he heard a couple of soft knocks again the wall. It was almost as if she was expecting him to respond. As much as he wanted to (and really, he did wanted to), he couldn't. One little mistake like this and Myungsoo could end up getting caught (and probably landed himself in prison but hey, there was always the wild card: Dongwoo).

 

In the end, Myungsoo grabbed hold of the branch once more and quickly climbed down the tree, not particularly caring when he landed on the wilted leaves with a loud crunch. He immediately rushed back home.



And as he passed though the long empty road once more, his mind whispered, "Tomorrow, Myungsoo. Tomorrow."

 

He suddenly like that thought. He'd try again tomorrow...but for today, he would keep this a secret from everyone.

 

--

 

“Good morning, son. You’re early up.” Myungsoo’s father yawned his greeting as he passed through the hall after his trip to the washroom. He knew that the boy wasn’t an early-riser but his voice held no suspicion when he spotted the other coming out of his room just before he was about to head down to open the shop.  

 

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders. He had arrived back home less than half an hour prior but he wasn’t able to go back to sleep. His mind was too preoccupied from his recent events. “I couldn’t sleep anymore.”

 

His father could only raise an eyebrow. The boy then added, a little white lie- “That and Dongwoo-hyung brought sweets with him yesterday.”

 

“Aish, that kid.” The middle-aged man scratched the back of his head furiously as he muttered incoherently under his breath. Then, he commented to Myungsoo, “You and your love for sweets. It’s a wonder why the sugar in your blood doesn’t cause you to behave like a young, disobedient child.”

 

The boy shrugged again and didn’t respond to the question. His father later left it at that and spoke up once more. “Go and get ready. We have much to prepare.”

 

“…Yes, sir.”

 

To be continued.

A/N: Not what you expected, ay? :D
Thanks again for the comments and for subscibing <333

 

Responses

flourescentsmiles: Ha ha, thaaat's right! A new one <3

aegyoful: I have...no comment, ha ha.

Sensei: Cliffie bad? D: It causes suspense~

hyundeul: Cliffhanger yes xD It has been updated <3

emmachu: LOL you caught me just when I updated so I'll reply :D I make no sense, I'm sure but people just doesn't have the guts to find out.