Friends

Lucky Trip - BTS

  ☾ ★  ☾

 

After 2 minutes people where gone for chasing after the black car Bts was in. After 5 minutes I got tired of waiting and called Annie but she didn't picked up the call again. After 7 minutes all the fans were gone and 10 minutes I was suddenly embraced in a big warm hug. I turned around with a gasp, I thought it was Annie who had sneaked behind me, but surprisingly it was Jieun.

The girl who once came to me with eyes filled with tears and made me the first person to know that she debuted for 8 years ago. After all her telling through the phone when I went back to China of how much pressure, work, harassment and how many tears has slipped from her chin. She was finally an adored and talented artist who I was so proud of. The girl I haven't spoked to or called for months, only texted and missed so much was right in front of me. She was dressed like a gangster with her mask, sunglass and hat on her. I could easily recognize her considering how long we had known each other, although the mask covered I understood that she was smiling brightly. We spoked in Korean.

" Jieun! Why are you here? Don't you have a lot of work to do ? " I stood up and embraced her back in a hug as she giggled.

" Is that what you should say to someone you haven't meet for years? " She asked and took off her mask.

Awww Jieun has gotten so beautiful! I laughed and shook my head. " No I'm sorry. It's just unbelievable to see you again! Look at you! Healthy and strong. " I said and clapped her on the shoulder.

There was a car a bit further away, a woman and a man was watching us as we was chatting.

" Don't mind it. You do as well! Also, I have something for you. " She checked her watch before she took out a box from her bag and handed it over. It was a present packed with pink wrapping paper and a bow of white.

" Happy birthday brat! I really hope you like it. " Jieun was looking at me with excitement so I guessed she wanted me to open it. When I did, I took out another box out of leader and gold frames, I didn't know the company but it looked expensive. Already admiring the box I gasped loudly when I saw the gold bracelet, it was a note on it. I knew why she chose to give me a note.

So she is still on to me about it...

" Sooo? What do you think ? "She asked me with a teasing voice and leaned forward, looked at the bracelet with me and giggled. I smiled widely.

" Jieun. It's so beautiful, I really love it! " I bursted out of happiness despise having acknowledge of reason why she picked the note for me. I hugged her and tried it on which fitted me very well, it matched my MK watch and my other golden bracelet I got from mom.

" You know Mei. I've always admired you, I look up to and even if you already decided to not take an advantage of it... I just want you to know that you are missing out and that you're stupid but also not. " She said it casually.

Damn I was wondering when the cursing was gonna come and it finally did.

" Oh please witchy unnie I don't wanna sign my life away! " I whined and we both laughed.

" We have to go! " The woman by the car said to us and waved for Jieun to come. Is she already going?!

Jieun sighed and smiled at me. " I'm sorry Mei. I've a busy schedule to follow. "

" It's alright, I'm happy that I at least got to meet you again even if you have a lot to do. "

She started to walk away and turned around.

" Don't forget to text me with updates and happy birthday Mei, have a nice trip. " She waved, blew me a kiss and disappeared in the car when they closed the door for her.

Jieun is so sweet, she took the time to meet me up despise the stressing schedule. I looked at the note, sighed and picked up my phone. I had gotten a message from Annie where she apologized for not being in time, that an emergency has occurred and she had to head to the hospital.

" Ahh.. " I said for myself and hoped that she's alright.

I walked to a taxi who stood parked on the parking lot. I greeted to the driver and told him an address, unfortunately he didn't speak English so I had to speak Korean again even if I preferred not to speak that language. But I knew that it was gonna be Korean from now on.... Sigh.

I arrived at my apartment, I had never lived here before so it was exciting to see how the apartment was like. I checked the building before I entered. Ohh fancy! I thought. The building was high and modern, with decorated details and small vase of flowers beside the door, I opened the door with my key and meet people who passed by who smiled at me. I waited for the elevator and clicked on the fifth top floor, people was sitting and chatting on the lobby, playing games, drinking coffee and watching TV and laughing together.

Damn this is like an hotel. The neighbors looked close to each other too. I decided to greet them.

" Hello. " I waved and they greeted back with smiles.

I unlocked the door to my apartment, the hall was short to the empty living room, there was a stair to the roof outside the balcony, the kitchen was connected to the living room, there was a table which was connected to the wall and lined the area between the living room and the kitchen. I had two bedroom, one bathroom and a small walk in closet. So I thought for myself.... Why did I bought such a big apartment ? And it hit me. Because I, in the beginning accepted the marriage until I actually meet my fathers friend's son personally. They told me about him and I actually fell for it, that he was a sweet and calm prince but he was actually an annoying and disrespectful idiot. I bought the apartment for us and if I wouldn't like him then I'd still keep it. And I'm not that stupid, I chatted with him through text messages a few times and the way he writes isn't the same way he acts. So I did chatted with him but I was still stupid for actually accepting the marriage before I meet him. The man behind that screen could have been someone else, he did not sounded the same as on the messages.

The house was all empty and considering that I wasn't sure when dad was gonna find me I thought it would be the best to not buy too much things for the apartment. It was 12:00 and I started to get hungry, I fast took out my clothes and stuff from the baggage and walked out. I remembered the streets but not everything, I putted on a white mask and sunglasses as I walked out, locked the door and waited for the elevator.

Hmm maybe I should call Annie? I tapped her phone number and waited for a reply, she picked up this time.

" Oh! Annie! Finally! How are things ? " I asked and was a little worried about how it went.

" Hi Mei! It's alright. My friend is now resting and it's all good for what I know.... Sorry that I made you wait for nothing. "
I sighed out of relief and entered the elevator, clicked on the first floor.

" It's cool don't mind. It's sad that you did not picked up my calls, I will tell you why if you maaaaaybe can come to Linus barbecue down the street close my apartment? " I asked a little hesitantly because I was literally asking her if she could leave her friend and she laughed.

" Sure! Now ? "

" Yes! "

" Coming in 10 minutes boo~ "

I smiled and the call ended. I walked out from the building and was on my way to the restaurant. I had been there with my mother before so I thought to go back there just to remind myself of good old days.

When I arrived the restaurant looked really cosily and that was when I felt a little nervous. It was gonna be my first time meeting her, I looked around to check if she was here yet. Nope, so I took a table and waited. After five minutes I saw a pink purple haired girl with a crop top and shorts walking in, I stood up and was surprised to see that she was in the same height as me. " Annie! Hi! " I waved to her and she noticed me. Her lips was formed into a wide smile.

" MEILIN!! " We both ran to each other across the restaurant, hugging and smiling. Oh my god finally!!

She and I started to chat when we meet each other from a game I used to play when I was 14 years old. She always sent me good morning messages which I first was unused to, she had been texting with me almost everyday and I instantly came to like her a lot. Even if I had lot of contacts the most friends I know was either famous, just literally busy or they died. So it was only a few who was just a regular citizen I knew, Annie was one of them....

She was personally not normal. I promise, she was one of the strangest person I came to know! Which was good, that only means she was comfortable being herself with me and me with her. Like a sister who I finally got to meet!

" I'm so happy to meet you! "

" Awww me too girl. " She took a seat and seemed not being able to not stop smiling. " So how was the flight ? " She continued and I sighted of annoyance while she chuckled. " Was it that bad ? "I nodded while getting even more annoyed by the thought of those guys.

I sat straight and looked at her seriously, she instantly did as well.

" I meet your trash group. " I said directly and shortly. Annie laughed, she didn't believe me. " Hah stop joking, tell me how the flight was now. "

" No I am serious. "

She stopped laughing and looked at me with an open mouth, wide eyes and started to quietly fangirl. Hands placed on her head and then took mine. " BTS? Did you meet Bts ?! "

I nodded and started to laugh even more when she looked so breathless.

" Please tell me all about it!! Everything! In detail! "

I don't want to get killed so I shouldn't say I sat beside them? I had no proof too so it would be unbelievable except for Namjoons phone number but I shouldn't give it out.

I told her that I meet them at the airports cafeteria in China, that we chatted a little before I left.

" Oh my god MEILINNNNN I HATE YOUUUU. " She whined and of course she didn't meant it.. Or did she ?

" Haha I'm sorry I should've taken a picture with them or something. "

" Ahh it feels so bad! You spoke with my bias and I could too! " Annie sighted of dispear and I clapped her on the shoulder to comfort her while I giggled.

The waitress came and politely asked what we wished to eat, we ordered and waited for the food while we kept on chatting. I told her about what my father who wanted me to marry a man I disliked.

" Don't let anyone control your life. No human should get forced to spend their life with a non mutual love. " She told me and I nodded slowly.

" I think that as well. I really don't know what he thought at first acting like that, my view on him drastically changed. "
The food arrived all together, my stomach made funny sounds. Food always delights my day.

" What did he do ? " Annie asked out of curiosity while she took a sip of her soju.

I was looking quietly at Annie who patiently waited for my answer. " He... Just showed how much of the opposite of a good man he is. "

She wrinkled her forehead and took a piece of the grilled chicken. " Wow that ... just let it all go. I'm very sure that you will shortly find a good man. Just look at you! You are pretty and smart! " She complimented and I smiled brightly.

" Thank you, you too. "

Sitting with her face to face was the same as texting with her, it was just less exhausting write spamming to each other and I was relived that it wasn't awkward at all.

" By the way Mei. " Annie placed a present on the table. " Happy birthday! "

My eyes slightly widened and I smiled at her as she gave me it.

" Oh! You remembered ? Thank you! " I said and she laughed.

" Well duh! Of course I wouldn't forget! Open it! "

I did as she told me and I checked in the box where I found a note. It said " I will bring you to the gift tomorrow. " And I was staring at the note for a few seconds, trying to figure out what it might be.

" What? What is it ?? " I was curious and she shook her head. " Can't tell can't tell. " She then smirked at me suspiciously. Don't tell me it's something related to one of her favorite groups?! I hoped not and wished for the best for tomorrow.