002

Fitting In

🚺🚺🚺

 

I unpacked my stuff soon after entering the apartment, which worked in my favor since Hyo wanted to take me to her entertainment studio.

 

It was weird knowing my cousin owned a business but it made so much sense when she walked me through the building. I couldn’t imagine her not having this place as a sort of escape.

The building didn’t look huge from the outside, or even an entertainment studio for that matter, but it contained 4 dance rooms, a mini recording studio and some a few arts and crafts rooms. It could almost be considered the neighborhood rec center.

The BWCW. We were taking a slight break since Hyo had to deal with some stuff so I decided to think back to what my initial thoughts of this place were.

 

<<

 

"Remind me what the acronym stands for." I asked my cousin with my index finger at my chin.

Hyo laughed. "The boy who cried wolf, lied about seeing a wolf and got the townspeople all worried, right?”

 

I nodded.

 

“And this building, from the outside, doesn't look like a studio from the outside.”

 

I nod again.

 

“So when people tell others that this is a studio, it looks like they're lying.” she gestured slightly for emphasis.


“Ah right. That's deep bro.” I nodded.

 

>>>end of flashback>>>

 

I smiled. I honestly didn’t think that she’d create something so meaningful with a… well a story we used to read as kids.

 

~•~

 

I’d been so busy shopping for school supplies and getting used to working at BWCW that I didn’t even notice 2 weeks flew right by me. School was going to start soon.

I was going into my second year of college back home, so I was extremely grateful that SMA took me as a second year student instead of me having to start first year all over again.

 

"Are you going to BWCW today?" Hyo asked as she pulled her cap over her head.

"Shouldn't you know? I mean you do make the schedule."

"Don't get sassy with me; I have a whole studio to run." Hyo gave me the stink eye.

 

I just laughed knowing she wasn't really that mad.
 

~•~

🔸🔸🔸


 

"Lay let's give you a tour of BWCW!"

Yixing looked at Baekhyun weird. "The BW-what?"

"The studio we dance at. Its acronym is BWCW." Luhan clarified.

"Acronym for 'Boy Who Cried Wolf'." Sehun explained further.

"Why that?" Yixing questioned, not trying to make it sound offensive.

"Noona says it's because from outside it doesn't look like an entertainment studio. Just an old warehouse. So they think it's a lie." Jongin grinned like he just finished reciting a poem.

"Oh… I guess that makes sense…?" The confused boy scratched his head.

"No need to worry about it. You'll see it for yourself in about 15 minutes if we can leave soon." Kris looked at his watch.

 

Wince there were 12 of them, along with having personal cars, they purchased vans to assist with lugging a huge group like in this instance. Each van held 6 people on the drive to the studio.
 

"You think noona's there?" Sehun squirmed in his seat.

"Most likely. I mean she owns the place." Jongdae answered.

 

Like Kris said they got there in a mere 15 minutes. Piling out of the vans they made their way into the warehouse looking building. The excited maknae line led the way, with Yixing hanging back to take in new scenery. Once inside the lobby, it was bustling with noise coming from all different directions.

 

Dance classes were being instructed, while some just ended so teens and kids were waiting for their parents to come get them. Oh and don’t forget, 12 grown men as well.

 

There was a company quote (if you will) for the studio, behind the reception desk, and Yixing stopped to read it:
 

Don't lie like the boy who cried wolf, but like this facility, don't let people think that the only you is what they see on the outside.
 

🚺🚺🚺

 

"Did you really think of that?" I asked Hyo with eyebrows raised.

"Well thanks cousin I love you too. Of course I came up with that!" She back handed my arm.

 

I just laughed.
 

"Hyo noona!" I heard behind me.

"Sehun you swear.” I turned and followed Hyo’s attention to a tall guy with a cute eye smile. “I'm younger than you by a month so can you stop calling me noona??" she gave an irritated look.

"I know," Sehun grinned. "It just makes you all riled up." He ruffled her hair.

 

Hyo shoved his arm off her then fixed her hair.


"Min this is Oh Sehun. Sehun, my cousin Min."

"Nice to meet you-" I put my hand out for him to shake.

"Hey!" Yixing interrupted, pointed to me.

"Huh?" I looked at him, with a shocked expression.

"Airport…?  Zhang Yixing…?" He hoped to jog my memory.

"Oh!" I snapped. "Wow! I didn't get to say that you for helping me, Yixing-ssi!" I smiled

"My nickname is Lay if that's easier." He smiled.

"Ah ok Lay." I said the nickname.

A moment passed and I shook my head with lips pursed.

 

"No. I like Yixing better. I'm sticking to that." I nodded.

"Well now that you guys have re-introduced each other can we get a chance now hyung?" Sehun teased.

"Oh yeah sorry." Yixing rubbed his nape.

 

Everyone got introduced and a tour was given to Yixing and I. It never hurt to make sure I knew where everything was right?
 

"Ok so I have to go to a class,” Hyo told us. “I know Min has to help JunSu with a class and I'm not sure what you boys had planned today but just don't mess up my studio got it?" Hyo eyed the boys through squinted eyes and left.
 

"Uhm we'll I guess I'll see you guys later then?" I asked awkwardly.

"Actually we have JunSu's class and it is great timing since Lay hyung here can learn from the beginning." Jongin patted his dance friend's shoulder.

"Sounds good. Shall we?" I led the way to the room.

 

If there was anything I'd know by now, it's the dance rooms.

Two were big enough for public workshops and the other two were big enough to fit a handful of dancers.
 

"Hey JunSu." I waved to the guy as a threw my stuff off to the corner.

"Hey Min. You ready to teach?" he stretched.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I began stretching as well.

"You get that dance down?" JunSu smirked.

"You underestimate my talents oppa." I emphasized the term to .

 

He'd been wanting me to call him that but I never agreed. It was a fun way of messing with him.
 

"Such a tease." he shook his head

 

Students were now filtering in for the class and mingled with each other. Jun realized it was almost full so he broke off from our conversation so he could lead the class and tell them what today was going to consist of.
 

⏳⏳⏳
 

"See you next week Min!" JunSu waved to me.

"Bye JunSu!" I waved back with a smile. "Whew. I am tired." I deflated

 

I totally forgot what it was like trying to count out everything out loud and making sure everyone got the moves well.

JunSu was infamous for using off beats for the slightest of movements.
 

"Wanna come get bubble tea with us noona?" Sehun asked coming up behind me.

"What makes you think I'm your noona?" I got up grinning.

 

"If Hyo noona and you are the same age, it only makes sense." Jongin added.

"Mmm. Maybe so… but you are right Sehun. I'm your noona. By like a few months."

"Wait that means I'm still older than you?" Jongin asked. I nodded making him cheer.

"So is that a yes to bubble tea Min-ssi?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Sure why not. I'll text Hyo that I'm leaving. I'm sure she'll want some before I get home."

 

The tea shop was walking distance, so we cleaned up from the dance class and took our leave. We opted for sitting outside since we were a larger group.
 

"How does it feel to be in the partnership of an entertainment studio?" Kyungsoo asked sipping his drink.

I chuckled. "You make this sound like an interview."

"You can actually think that since we really don't know you." Luhan pointed out.

"Ok well it's nice to just have a dance studio.” I sighed happily. “But I’m glad she included art rooms and recording studios. She must have known a lot of people who would love to have access to this kind of place."

"Oh yeah there are plenty of kids in our neighborhood who frequent the studio.” Minseok smiled. “It's helped them keep extra time occupied."

"My little sister being one of them!" Sehun shot his hand up.

"Aww she must be adorable." I cooed.

"Not when her method of waking you up is to put your little karaoke sing along machine by my ear and blasting it." He huffed with irritation.

"I have two brothers so I totally understand." I nodded.

"Where are they at?" Kris swirled his drink.

"Back in The States. They're still in school; primary and secondary." I chewed on some pearls.

"I know you haven't been here long but I'm sure you miss them." Yixing said sympathetically.

"Yeah. A bit." I gave a small smile. "Same for you and your famiy I'm sure."

"Mmm, yeah I have my moments, too." Yixing agreed.

 

And though, yes you hadn’t been overseas for long, you really felt at home with these guys. And it made you warm on the inside.