005

Fitting In

•|•||||•

After that initial meeting it seemed like the pairs had a lot to discuss. 

“I didn't know you’d have this class!” Min smiled at BongYoung.

“Same here! You do know this is an advanced class right?”

“No but now that I do I'm honored.” Min grinned smugly. 

“Well don't get too cocky. The teacher is still difficult, but since we can work together it should be no problem.” 

The idea already ran through Min’s head. BongYoung was another dancer and choreographer at BWCW. She loved his classes, as they were fun and not gender bias. They’d even expressed to do a couple dance one day. 

On the other hand, Yixing looked at a girl with shock.

“I didn't think we’d meet here.” He admitted. 

“Same. Though it doesn't surprise me that you’d take any opportunity to dance.” She smiled. “It’s good to see you Yixing.”

“Same BoTae.” 

BoTae was Yixing's girlfriend before Yixing had moved back to China for his father's company. They didn't formally break up and like Kyungsoo said: if she still thinks the relationship is going, don't lead her on. 

“So I never could get a hold of you when you left.” BoTae pouted a little bit. 

“Ahh. My father had me close all my SNS and change my phone number. You know how important learning about the business was.”

“Of course. My mother is doing the same with me right now. It would be unnie but she’s being a lazy bum which is super inconvenient.” BoTae crossed her arms. 

“Class! Class may I have your attention please?” A voice boomed through the dance room. 

All eyes turned to one figure in the center. 

“My name is Jung Yunho. You can address me either Teacher Jung, or Yunho; whichever you are comfortable with. I’d like to do a roll call and if you state the genre of dance you specialize in please.”

So it went. Names were called. All told what kind of dance they did best. It was amazing how across the board it was, too. 

“So since we have so many different types of dancers in this class, we will have the privilege of having more visiting teachers to make sure that you are all well rounded in your field of dance.”

It was easy to see that all the students were curious who their dance teacher would have connections with to even suggest having so many visiting choreographers. 

“Easy first day assignment: I’ll play music, you dance however you feel for 3 eight counts. The music will be random and we’ll start with…”

•||•|||•

“I never thought I could be so tired.” Hyo threw herself onto the couch when they got home. 

“It’s not even been month, and you’re this tired?” Min chuckled. 

“Don't judge!” Min laughed at Hyo’s muffled voice. 

“Alright, well I have to go to BWCW so I’ll see you later. If you need to have dinner without me go ahead.” 

“Not like I’d wait for you anyway…” Hyo mumbled into the couch cushion. 

“Heard that! And rude.” Min shook her head. 

“Just kidding I may pick something up and come to you. Don't feel like cooking.”

“‘Cause you're so tired?” Min raised an eyebrow.

Hyo snapped and pointed her direction. “You know me too well. Go so you’re not late.” Hyo waved Min off. 

Min walked down the street and spotted the guys hanging out in the lobby. She greeted them before leaving to go to her class. 

“What do you teach Min?” Kyungsoo asked. 

“Ballet and hip hop believe it or not.” Min smiled.

“Both ends of the spectrum. Huh.” He nodded to himself. 

“Are you going to be sticking around?” Min got up to do her stretches in the middle of the dance room. 

“If it’s ok. I have to stay because my sister is still in a class. Gotta take her home after.” He pointed behind to the dance room across. 

“Oh that's sweet of you Kyungsoo.” Min smiled before slowly dropping into a split. 

“Whoa! How’d you do that??” Kyungsoo’s eye size doubled. 

“This?” Min gestured to the split. He nodded, and she giggled. “Honestly I didn't even think to time it. I just did stretches to get used to overextending my ligaments and muscles. It's not easy but practice makes perfect. I wouldn't even call this perfect.” She shrugged.  

•|||•||•

“Now we are going to get into long term assignments.” Yunho told the class. 

Some of the students groaned. The rest looked at the latter group confused. 

“For those who are new to my classes these assignments will act as a showcase.” Yunho explained. “Since there are 4 months until the next break you guys can all create a 2-4 minute piece first. There will be another assignment like this with a much longer time slot so this will be a good way to open up those creative outlets.” Yunho smiled. “You can choose for it to be co-ed or not. There can be more than one dancer if you feel the need. And song choices are your for the taking.”

All the students stood in silence, waiting for some sort of catch or curveball he was going to throw. 

“Ah! That’s right.” Yunho clapped with a grin. “This piece has to…”

•||||•|•

Min stood in the middle of her living room in front of the mirror, shuffling through songs and doing random moves to the different beats. 

“How’s the dance coming?” Hyo asked nibbling on a cracker. 

“Ugh how does he expect us to do this?? I mean it seems impossible but…” Min rubbed her face. 

“You’ll figure it out, Min. Go to BWCW. At least you’ll have a creative flow running through there. Maybe get some inspiration while you’re at it.”

“That doesn't sound like a bad idea.” Min nodded. 

And that's how Min came to be laid out in the middle of one of the dance rooms just listening to her music.

“Ughhh how am I going to do this?!?” She grunted. 

“I’m pretty sure it won't be by laying there.” Someone chuckled. 

“Oh.” Min sat up but stopped because she got dizzy. “Yixing? What are you-?”

“Same as you probably. For the assignment?” He walked over to her. 

“Yeah. I thought I could work around it but I just… I don't know. It’s not as easy as it seemed.” She sook her head dejectedly. 

“Well then it wouldn't be dance if it was easy.” Yixing smiled, taking a seat on the floor. “That’s the beauty of it though. It’s always evolving. Maybe you’ll create the next style of dance.” Yoxing joked. 

“Haha ok if I end up making the next dance craze, you’ll be the one to do it with me ok?” Min laughed. 

“Well if it will be easier for you I could be you partner. Only if you want though.” 

“I guess two minds are better than one. But you’re sure there isn't someone else you’d rather partner with? You seemed to know BoTae-ssi when we first came into the class.”

“Ahh. Yeah… we uhm…” Yixing thought of the right term. 

“You don't need to tell me.” Min put her hands up. “None of my business. I just thought you’d like to do the project with someone you’re familiar with.”

“Well I’m pretty familiar with you.” He shrugged. “And it’ll be a little easier to get familiar with you when there's not another 13 people around.” He smiled. 

“Ok, ok. Well then shall we get started?” Min smiled getting up. 

•|||||•