003

Fitting In

•|•||||• 

I looked at my tired reflection. My eyes looked all puffy and bloodshot. Didn't help that I was just bawling sometime earlier.

"When words fail, music speaks."

Don't ask where I saw that quote, but in this case it applied to me. I dragged my feet to the speaker system in that room and just let my feelings out. 

<<<30 minutes earlier

Who would be crazy enough to drink bubble tea at 9:00pm? Me. Well Hyo would too. And maybe Sehun. Anyway I was at the bubble tea shop when I got a call from home. 

Needless to say that made me emotional already.

"Hey honey." My mom cooed. That pretty much broke me down. 

"Hey mom." I smiled. "What time is it over there?"

"Its about 5am right now." She said without a hint of sleepiness. 

"Ahh you must've been up for a while then." I chuckled. She was always the one up early. 

"Not really. Just did a few things before the day starts." I could practically see her trying to convince me with that smile of hers. 

"Well…" I couldn't think of where to carry the conversation. 

"School starts soon huh?" She asked. 

"Yeah. In a couple days actually."

"You nervous?"

"Well a new girl coming into the second year  of a prestigious school knowing only a handful of people? Ehh it could be worse." I laughed half joking. 

"Well just do as well as you can. I don't want to know that you're pushing yourself to sickness just to keep that scholarship, ok?"

"Yes mom." I smiled at her concern. 

"We miss you over here." She said lowly. 

I gulped. "Yeah? Well I miss you guys too. It's weird just having Hyo and I in the apartment. I still think the boys are gonna jump out of nowhere." I smiled bitterly. 

"Well we'll try to come visit. The boys schedule should allow for a decent vacation. I'll let you know ok?"

"Alright sounds good." I felt a tear fall onto my cheek. 

"Well I love you, and I know it's nighttime so go get some rest."

"Ok. Love you mom." I tried not to choke. 

"Love you too honey."

And the line went dead. 

>>>

•||•|||•

"Why do you want bubble tea so late?" Kris asked Sehun. 

"Why does Tao like Gucci? We'll never know but he buys it anyway! Same with me and bubble tea." Sehun defended. 

"That was a terrible but good example." Suho shook his head. "But I'm pretty sure most shops are closed now."

"No there's one a couple blocks down that's open late!" Sehun exclaimed. 

"What is all this commotion-"

"Lay hyung can you buy me some bubble tra please~?"

Yixing looked at the maknae for a second. "This late?"

"I'll go Hun." Luhan walked towards the door. "Usual?"

"Yes please!" Sehun put his hands together in thanks. "Gomawo hyung!!" 

"I'll come. Now I feel like having some." Yixing shook his head. 

"You owe me though." Luhan pointed at the youngest and left before anything could be said back. 

As the two were about to enter the bubble tea shop, they saw someone familiar leave. 

"MinGi?" Luhan whispered to himself. 

"What'd you say Luhan?" Yixing asked. 

"I just thought I saw MinGi-ssi."

"Oh I saw her too. Should we see if she's ok?"

Luhan nodded. 

Being the gentleman they were, they decided to walk behind her at a safe distance and make sure she got to her destination safely. They were all becoming good friends after all. 

Both were a little shocked to see her go into The BWCW. 

•|||•||•

I lay there just thinking. I danced to a few songs but it took a toll on my body since I was kind of throwing it all over the place. I mentally thanked Hyo for suggesting to keep a set of exercise wear in my locker for times like this. 

I heard the door open, so I looked to see who it was. 


"Oh hey Yixing-ssi. Luhan-ssi." I waved at them lightly. 

"MinGi-ssi? Are you ok?" Luhan asked softly. 

I smiled. "Yeah I'm fine. Just had a lot on my mind." I sighed. 

"Oh ok." Luhan didn't know what else to say.

"You can take away the honorifics too. We'll get closer that way." Yixing grinned. 

"Sounds good. Same goes for you too. And the others. we can all get comfortable with each other." I sat up cross legged and looked at the guys in front of me. 

We'd shared stories about moving to a new country and making new friends. I found out that they were from China. Moved here in high school. 

"It's nice to know I'm not the only one who knows homesickness." I grinned a little. 

"Oh yeah. Well I've had my moments. especially for being here for almost 4 years." Luhan nodded. 

"Yeah I'll probably miss home as much as you MinGi." Yixing admitted. "We both came in at the same time, so it'll be a first for the both of us. At least in a while, for me."

"There's a first time for everything right?" I shrugged. "Can't change what's already happening. And I wouldn't want to honestly."

"What're going to school for?" Luhan asked. 

"Dance, preferably." I leaned on my hands. "I just hope I can catch up quickly. I don't think the curriculum back home was this far ahead."

"You'll do fine. The workshops will help too." Luhan added. 

"What year are you?" Yixing asked. 

"Second."

"Same here. Maybe we'll be classmates."

"Maybe." I smiled. One friend I'll know in class. That'd be nice. 

"Well it's getting late. Hope Sehun forgot about his bubble tea." Luhan made a face trying not to laugh. 

"He wants bubble tea this late?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Well we did just see you walk out of there earlier." Yixing put his hands up in defense. 

"Touche. Anyway, I know the owner, they could probably whip you up something real quick and I'll pay."

"Oh no-" 

"Please it's the least I can do for making you guys hear me rant on tonight." I smiled. 

"It's not like we weren't interested in getting to know you a little bit." Yixing shrugged. 

•||||•|•

"Hun I have your bubble tea!" Luhan yelled coming in. 

"Geez hyung where'd you guys go to get this? China?? Took you long enough." Sehun began slurping on the tapioca pearls. 

"Well thank MinGi she was the only reason we were able to get you this crap this late." Yixing joked. 

"Dang it you saw noona??"

"Yes so if you want more ridiculous requests like this you should ask her." Luhan suggested. "Night guys." He waved going into his room. 

"Night." Sehun and Yixing waved back. 

"Oooh so you and noona huh?" Sehun asked raising his eyebrow. 

"What do you mean 'me and noona'?"

"Do you like her?" Sehun interrogated. 

"I just met her Hun! And tonight we just talked, as friends, to get to know each other." Yixing explained. 

"I'm putting my money on something that'll happen to you two." Sehun gave a smug smile. 

"Think what you want. Only time can't well." Yixing finished the conversation. 

•|||||•