004

Fitting In

•|•||||•

School began sooner than most people would have liked. MinGi could tell on the first day that she’d end up sticking out like a sore thumb. 

“Aren't you a little nervous?” Hyo asked fixing her bag. 

“Not really. It’s not like I haven't moved schools before.” MinGi shrugged. “And anyways it helps that I know some people already.” She grinned seeing Sehun wave frantically their direction. 

“Noonas!!!” He yelled, still waving. 

“Hey Sehun.” Both girls waved as he stopped in front of them. 

“Are we in the same class?” He asked when he reached them. 

“I’ll have one class with you two but it’s not today.” Hyo’s shoulders deflated. “But we can meet up at for lunch to see how everything is going.”

“Sounds good.” MinGi smiled. “Sehun you’re going to have to show noona around since I haven't seen the campus yet.”

Sehun readily accepted and dragged the girl on campus. Since he was one of the more handsome students at SMA, noticing he was with a girl on the first day of school sparked up some rumors. 

And man did that spread like wildfire. 

•||•|||•

“I think I’m going to need help in English.” Yixing rubbed his temples.

“Well Hyo and Min both speak it fluently so why not ask them?” Baekhyun took a bite of his salad. 

The boys had all finished their morning class(es) so they texted the girls and Sehun where to meet them. 

“I guess I could.” Yixing nodded. 

They shared more of their university horror stories (even though the school year started just that day) and before they knew it the girls arrived. 

“Sorry we’re late!” Min sat at the empty seat across from Chanyeol letting out a breath of air.

“Min got lost on campus so we were on a wild goose chase trying to find each other.” Hyo laughed. 

“It’s not that funny Hyo,” Min eyed her cousin. 

“It is.”

“Just like how funny it was to get lost in one building trying to take your SAT?” Min raised an eyebrow. 

“Why do you have to bring that up??”

“You asked for it.” Min rolled her eyes. 

When she looked at the rest of the guys they’d all been staring at the two. 

“What?” Min and Hyo asked at the same time.

They all coughed and looked away, embarrassed to be caught staring. 

“They’re just glad you’re comfortable to be yourselves around us.” Junmyeon smiled sweetly. 

It was refreshing to know two girls were their friends to just be… their friends.

The first day went well for all of them. Well, all but one. He thought he could end it on a good note only to have a text from an unknown number sent to him. 

‘Can't wait to see you again, oppa! I’ll look for you at lunch time and we can catch up.
~BT’

•|||•||•

It was slightly easier to  get around the campus the next day. 

“Hyung there’s Min and Hyo!” Kyungsoo waved lightly at them from down the hallway. 

“Oh yeah…” Yixing nodded absentmindedly. 

“Ok what's wrong with you? You’ve been slumping since we left the house.” Kyungsoo pulled the older aside. 

“She texted me yesterday.” Yixing sighed. 

“Her? As in-”

“Yes that ‘her’. Kyungsoo I don't even know where we left off when I went to China, not to mention how she knew I wa attending SMA. I thought I could start with a clean slate.”

“Well then don't lead her on. If she thinks you’re still in a relationship, then see if you guys still have that spark. If not, break up with her.” Kyungsoo shrugged. 

“Are you sure you’re younger than me?” Yixing chuckled. 

“Hey guys what's up?” Hyo jumped in. 

“Oh hey Hyo. Just talking about a mini reunion that's coming up soon between some unlikely people.” Kyungsoo bobbed his head. 

“Ahh. I won't ask any more.” Min put her hand up to look like she was making an oath. “Alright I’ll catch you guys later. I wanted to talk to the dance teacher before class.”

“Oh I wanted to go too. Mind if I tag along?” Yixing asked. 

“No worries. Come on.”

On the way to the classroom they talked about their classes and their struggles so far. 

“Heard you have a bit of a challenge in English?” Min asked carefully.

“Not afraid to admit it.” Yixing smiled. “It’s something I’d like to master if it’ll get my dad off my back.” 

“Ohh. Business type stuff?”

“Yeah. I have the conference room lingo down in chinese and korean, but english just…” Yixing tried to think of the word. 

“Stupid?” Min said in english with a giggle. 

“Su…satu…pit?” Yixing tried saying it. 

Min stifled back the laugh wanting to come. “I can help you with your english courses. I may not know the fancy terminology, but I can make sure you make sense; to a toddler or CEO.” Min smiled. 

“That’d help a lot, thank you.” Yixing sighed with relief. 

They didn't realize they got to the dance room so they entered and Yixing saw the most unlikely of faces there. 

“Yixing?” A girl asked with wide eyes. 

“Bo Tae.” Yixing mirrored her reaction.

“BongYoung!” Min smiled to a boy. 

“Min!” He smiled back. 

This class was going to be fun. Two minds thought; each holding very opposite tones. 

•|||||•