006

Fitting In

•|•||||•

“But it’s a party!” Sehun gave his best puppy face. 

Hyo put down her chopsticks and gave the boy a look.

“Sehun I have no reason to be there.” She stated blandly. “You literally are the only close friends I have at this school, and I already see your faces for a majority of the day.” She resumed eating. 

“Yeah you do! Uhm, Min noona needs someone to hang out with!” He hugged the girl by her shoulders. 

“Yah Oh Sehun! Don't drag me into your problems.” Min shrugged him off. 

“Looks like you’re going alone, maknae.” Baekhyun laughed. 

“So are you hyung.” Sehun shot back. 

“Uh uh.” Baekhyun waved his index finger in a ‘no’ fashion. “Got myself a date.” He smiled proudly. 

“Taeyeon unnie right?” Min asked. 

“How’d you…?”

“She sits next to me in English. Asked what she should wear.” She took another bite from her bento.

“Oh. Do you have her number? I can text her when I’m on my way.” Baekhyun grabbed Min’s cell from the table. 

“Sure I guess. But make sure she knows I gave it to you so she doesn't think you’re some sort of weirdo stalker.” Min grinned. 

“Not like he isn't already.” Sehun whispered in Min’s ear.

•|•||||•

“Tell me again why we’re here?” Hyo asked with a sigh. 

“To help Hun and let loose. We’ve been so focused on school and work or brains were going to blow up any minute back home.” Min gave her cousin a soft smile. 

“Not amused.” Hyo said. 

“And he promised to get us lunch for 2 weeks.” Min added. 

“Oh. A little better.” Hyo nodded. 

“You know if you’re so worried about your dance, this may actually be the best place to get it. Lots of different elements to use.” Hyo pointed out. 

“Look at you being all smart and stuff.” Min side shoved Hyo.

“Hey Min! Hyo!” 

The girls turned to the voice behind them. 

“Oh hey Yixing!” Min smiled. 

“Lay.” Hyo nodded. “You here by yourself?”

“No the guys are in the back. Got a bit stuffy in here.” Yixing smiled. 

He was happy to catch them in more ways than one. BoTae was also there, and it seemed like she was more… attached to him more than he remembered. 

“I was going to get a drink. You two wanna come?” Yixing asked. 

“Nah, I’ll find the guys.” Hyo left. 

“I’ll go with you.” Min smiled as she followed the boy. 

“Don't feel obligated.” Yixing chuckled opening the cooler filled with cold sodas. 

“What fun is going to a party, and avoiding it all together. And plus I recognize some people here so it won't get too awkward.”

“You think you’ll dance?” 

“As if I don't dance all day enough? Ehh maybe, if the music choice is worth it.”

And as if fate heard her, a particular song began to play. Min’s eyes widened. 

“Oh my gosh.”

“What?” Yixing asked worried. 

“This song. I haven't heard it in forever!” Min smiled. 

“You acted like you saw a zombie or something!” Yixing sighed. 

“Sorry it just happened. Flashbacks and all that.” 

“Min I know you know this dance! Better get your out here!” A girl from their dance class shouted from the dancefloor. 

“What’s Krystal talking about?” Yixing questioned Min. 

“Aah there was a movie in the States that had a sort of line dance to this song.”

“You gonna dance?” 

“If you do it with me.”

“I don't even know the dance.” Yixing admitted. 

“Your a dancer right?” Min taunted. “Let’s see how quick of a learner you are.” She said smug and left for the dance floor leaving Yixing behind. 

Yixing scoffed at the challenge but met her at the dance floor anyways. Challenge accepted

 https://youtu.be/Oy05ctZmXSY

•||•|||•

“If I didn't know better I’d think you were flirting.” Krystal teased Min the coming Monday.

“Oh please he was just letting loose a little. And he has a girlfriend so no way am I going to play home wrecker okay?” Min stretched. 

“Mmm I don't know. They seem like they’re on shaky grounds at the moment.” Krystal shrugged. 

“Don't do that; I’m sure they’re fine.” Min shook her head. “remind me why we’re friends?”

“Because we can speak english and no one can get what we’re saying.” Krystal smirked. 

“Except me.” Yunho butted in. “So don't think of talking about me alright?”

The two girls nodded quickly in embarrassment. 

“Alright class!” Yunho clapped. “This time period is for you to work on your pieces, so go!” He dismissed the class. 

Yixing came up behind Min while she was still talking to Krystal. “Hey ready when you are.” He smiled. 

Min nodded. “Oh hey Yixing, uhm just a sec.”

“Oooh…” Krystal said under her breath and bumped shoulders with Min before leaving. 

Min shook her head with a smiled. “This girl…” then turned to Yixing. “Ok just to be sure: this is ok? Like with your girlfriend?”

“Why wouldn't it be ok?” Yixing looked at Min dumbly. 

“Well she’s your girlfriend. And you’re doing the piece with another girl.” Min tried breaking it down a simple as possible. 

Yixing tried following but it didn't look like it sunk in. 

“Never mind I'll ask myself.” Min went up to BoTae. “Hey BoTae, I just wanted to you to know that it was Yixing’s idea to work together. If you want to work with him that's fine.”

“It’s no problem, Min-ssi. I don't care what his social life consists of.” BoTae shot a fake smile. “His friends should show a little more class, though.” BoTae sassed back while looking at her nails in boredom. 

“Ok…”  Min raised her eyebrows. “Just thought you’d like to know.”

“Whatever…” BoTae said under her breath and waved her off. 

“Uhm Yixing?” Min called as she walked back to him. 

“Yeah what's up?”

“Is your girlfriend… like… pffff how do I say this…” Min thought out loud. 

Yixing chuckled awkwardly. “Like… what?”

“Snobby?” Min blurted. 

“Uhm…” Yixing blinked. “Not that I know her by. Maybe it’s how she’s feeling at the moment. You know… moody?”

Min didn't want to buy it but eased his conscience anyway. “Oh yeah, sure. That makes sense.” Hopefully, she wished. 

•|||•||•

“Ba-da-da-ba-da!”

Min was in the studio assisting a choreographer. She laughed at his use of counting. 

“Eunho-ah, can't you just count like a regular choreographer?” Min teased. 

“Yeah Min-ah. That’s how real choreographers count. And you get it anyway so it works.” He stuck his tongue out. 

Min laughed. How could he be older than me? “Fine fine. Can we add that last 8 count in and do it from the top then?”

“Ok…” Eunho skipped to the speaker system with his song choice. 

“Isn't that Min noona?” Sehun looked into one of the windows of the dance room.

“Oh! It is!” Chanyeol smiled. “Wow those moves are crazy fast!”

“Only you would think they’re fast hyung.” Jongin smirked. 

“She’s a really good dancer, huh Yixing?” Junmyeon looked over to the said boy. 

“Oh yeah.” Yixing continued to stare into the room while the couple danced. 

“You’re so lucky she’s your partner! Noona should have worked with me.” Sehun pouted. 

“You snooze you lose.” Kris grinned at the English phrase. 

“What?” Sehun looked at him confused. 

“Oh nothing.” His grin grew. 

“You’ve had a long day, you should head home.” Min pushed Eunho out of the dance room. 

“Alright alright, well get home safe ok? I don't want to hear it from Hyo when I see her again.” He warned Min. 

“Ok, ok. See you later!” She waved. 

Getting comfortable by herself she began playing music. Her movements seemed more… flowing this time around. It’d been almost a month since school started and a few months living in Seoul. Time was flying and Min had no idea how to slow down. It seemed impossible as she was so busy. When she realized she had some down time, she decided to try and phone her family. 

•||||•|•

“Yixing where are you going?” Jongdae asked.

“I’ll be back in a bit but don't wait up for me.” Yixing smiled and left the house.

He felt the need to go to the BWCW, and dance. He had those moments sometimes to just let himself go, but most of the time he ended up hurting his waist from overworking it. 

As expected, the studio was closed for the night but he had a key so he let himself in and the necessary lighting to see properly. What he didn't expect was someone else there.

Min was on her stomach, looking through her phone at family photos. She was able to call her family but since the time difference was a little weird they had to end it. It was just nice to hear those 4 voices in person. 

“You’re so dumb.” Min gave a lopsided grin as she watched a video of her brothers being stupid per the norm.

She stopped when she heard a knock. 

“Oh hey Yixing.” She turned to face him. 

“Hey didn't wanna startle you or anything. I just came in to use a dance room.”

“Oh that's fine. Sorry it must've freaked you out knowing someone else was in here huh?” She joked. 

Yixin nodded a bit then looked at Min a little more closely. “Are you ok?”

“Yea I’m fine. Why’d you ask?” She put on a small smile. 

“Just… looks like you… I don't know…”

“Spit it out Yixing.” Min smiled. 

“Miss something.” Yixing gave a knowing smile. “Or someone rather.”

Min sighed. At this point she was cross-legged on the floor and she was looking at her lap. 

“Is it that obvious?” She almost whispered. 

“Takes one to know one.” Yixing walked towards her. “You want to talk about it?”

“I’m sure you don't want to hear me mope.”

“If anything I’ve found it more sane to do it with someone other than yourself.” Yixing joked. 

Min laughed. “Ahh. Wouldn't want to look ridiculous right?”

“Mmm.”

Yixing was now sitting by Min and they just sat there. The silence wasn't awkward but just open; ready for anyone to say anything, no matter how ridiculous. 

“I miss them.”

Yixing looked at Min. But she stared off at nothing. 

“I miss my family.” She admitted. 

Yixing sighed. “I know that. You're always talking about your brothers, I can only assume you’re all close. Can't wait to meet them one day.” Yixing said honestly. 

“It’s just that… this is my first time being away from them. I’d lived at home up until moving here, and that was just because no one wanted to share a home in my area, it was too expensive. And just having more than one person around where there’s constant noise everywhere… to complete silence almost daily? Unless I'm here… it’s just weird to get used to. I don't ever think it’ll get normal for me.” Min whispered the last part of her rant. 

“I can see how that’s difficult. Mine is the total opposite.” Yixing began. “I have a small family, so being around the guy’s noise sometimes gives me a headache. I have left home for business reasons, sometimes months at a time. But there’s one thing that we do have in common: I miss my family too.” He sighed. “I lived with my grandparents. But they did everything a parent should and will do. And there are times where I just call them to hear them say ‘hello?’. And it’s enough for me.” Yixing smiled. “I’m not saying it’ll get easier, but you’ll find out how to deal with it as time goes on. Go ahead and miss them, especially around me ‘cause I won't judge.” He joked trying to make the mood light. 

Min had looked at him while he did. His little speech and didn't know what to think. There was so much to take in, she knew she couldn't do it all herself. Knowing she had a friend who literally understood everything she was going through was the biggest relief. 

“Thanks, Yixing.” Min smiled. 

•|||||•