001

Fitting In

🔸🔸🔸

 

📞

Oh my god I'm so excited for you to move here! I haven't seen you in forever.

 

Min smiled to herself as she closed another cardboard box. She could practically see her cousin pouting though they were talking on the phone.

 

Well I’m glad I was able to get in. Wasn't it you who said it was difficult already?
 

Min doubted her spot at the school plenty of times. And who wouldn't? It was only a dream of thousands to be enrolled as a student there.

 

Hyo was smiling at herself for the accomplishment. She knew how crazy it’d be for her cousin, especially with being a foreigner, to get in. It only helped that Hyo was there with a good name in the area.

 

Yeah but since your girl here was able to pull a few strings-

 

Please tell me you didn't.

 

Min stopped her. She didn't want to be in the school because of connections.
 

Oh don't worry I’m just messing with you! They saw your audition video and loved you. It just helped that we are family.

 

Hyo smiled when she heard Min let out a breath of relief.

 

Alright I have to get packing then. See you in a month.


See ya~

📞

 

Since all Min seemed to do was pack and get all her official documents together, the month rolled by faster than she would have liked. She soon was saying goodbye to family and friends as they wished her all the best in another country.
 

It was a crowded airport to say the least. And she wasn't the only one not who was having trouble getting through. She could hear a handful of different languages being spoken, and that was just getting off the airplane. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket as she walked past terminals to find the baggage claim.

 

📞

I’ll be outside in 20 minutes, Hyo. You think you can be there by then?


Min felt all jittery just being in a new area. And to think she was going to be here for an entire school year?? It was beyond exciting!

 

Like her, there was another who landed, but didn't exactly share her excitement.

 

📞

Yeah hyung I’m going to get my bag now… You’ll be how long??
 

Though at opposite ends of the airport, they sighed at the responses they were left with.
 

It’s ok, I’ll find something to do.

📞

 

Min hung up blowing a raspberry. She then took a look around her to see how she could make the time pass quicker.

 

We’ll I guess I’ll just have to wait then.

📞

 

He hung up and puffed up his cheeks, wondering what to do in the meantime.
 

Both of them resorted to playing games on their phones while walking to the baggage claim. A bad choice but they figured that out soon enough…

 

💥💥💥BANG!💥💥💥

 

They were sent onto their bottoms. After the initial shock, they finally saw what had happened.
 

“I'm so sorry!” She reacted first, not even thinking to get up from falling.

 

“No I should have been more careful.” He chuckled while standing up properly so he could help her up as well.

 

“Did you drop anything?” He asked kindly, looking down at the tile floor.

 

She followed his gaze downward and thought hard, finally realizing she dropped her phone.
 

“Just my phone…” she mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear.

 

He realized he dropped his too.
 

There it is!

 

They both exclaimed picking up the phone nearest to them. A moment passed and they chuckled to themselves, realizing the phones they were holding was the other’s.

 

Oh. I guess this is yours.They switched phones shyly.
 

“Yixing.” He smiled, holding out his hand. “Zhang Yixing.”


MinGi.” She took his hand and smiled. “Park MinGi.”

 

They both bowed slightly with the introductions and laughed at the awkward atmosphere.
 

*buzz**buzz*
 

“Oh,” Min faced the phone in her hand and slid her thumb across the screen to answer the call.

 

📞

Hello?

 

She spoke in English, taking the male off guard.

 

I AM SO SORRY I'M LATE!!! I'M CLOSE NOW!

 

Min laughed at her cousin. She didn't even realize that much time passed since the last call Hyo and her had.

 

All good. I'm not even close to the exit anyway. I'll just meet you out there.

 

A relieved sigh passed the speaker.

 

All right then. See you soon.

📞
 

“So- oh.”

 

Min was about to thank the man for helping her but he was nowhere in sight. She looked around, slightly disappointed.  

 

“Thank you.” she sighed in Chinese, hinting by his name that he was that ethnicity.

 

~•~

 

Lay had already left the girl after seeing she was fine, and answered a call of his own as he met with the familiar Seoul weather.

 

📞

Yeah. I'm on my way outside. Oh really? What-

 

"XINGXING!!!!"

 

The nickname echoed the drop-off area from behind him.
He turned with a knowing smile.

 

“Hey hyung, Chen-ah.”


Yixing hung up and slipped his phone into his pocket, sending them a dimpled smile with a small wave.

 

"Ahhh we missed you man." Xiumin hugged him tightly.

 

“It's good to be back. And for a while too.”


"Well let's get you back to the house. Everyone's glad you're back." Chen took Yixing’s luggage and led the way to their car.

 

~•~

 

Min smiled as she looked at the passing scenery of bustling Seoul. It wasn't her first time to the city but it was still different from the States.

 

"Are you jet lagged at all?" Her cousin interrogated.
 

"I'm fine Hyo. Geez it's not the first time I've flown here for goodness sake."
 

"I'm just saying! I want to make sure you get enough rest." Hyo pouted. “It’s a ridiculously long flight…”

 

"Awww my cousin is doing aegyo~" Min cooed.
 

"Oh heck no!! You know I don't do aegyo Min! Don't even play around with me on that."

 

Hyo pointed her right index finger the direction of the passenger seat, making sure to still keep her hands on the wheel.

 

"Gosh so defensive." Min smiled at herself for teasing Hyo so easily.

 

And to think they'd only been together less than half an hour! How would they live together? Min chuckled at the thought.
 

The car ride consisted of more questions, mostly about the family who lived in the States since Hyo hadn't seen them in a while. And before they knew it they were home.

Min walked up to the door in excitement. From the outside one wouldn’t assume the building held residential living spaces, but when she saw what was inside she was in awe. There was the home of her dreams.

 

The place was made for dancers. Minimal furniture, since it’d only been Hyo living here up until now; she utilized the open space as a dance floor with a 8 foot long by 6 foot tall mirror.

Life as she knew it was going to be great.

 

~•~

 

The drive for Yixing was quiet, per the usual. His friends knew he only talked when he needed to so the music from the radio became the white noise in case no questions needed to be asked.
 

"Lay?"

"Yeah?" Yixing smiled at the nickname and looked up from his phone.

 

"How were you able to come back?" Xiumin was genuinely curious. Lay only visited for a short amount of time, so hearing he’d come back for a year at the least was a shock to them.

"Oh, well I'm here to help my dad's business expand and since I'm still in school we bargained that I could do dance as well."

 

"Nice so you're coming to school with us then!" Chen exclaimed from the back seat.

 

"Yeah it'll be nice to be nice to hang around with you guys again. Saying I miss us together is an understatement."
 

Soon they pulled up to a fairly nice house. It showed they they had money, but didn't need a mansion to show it off.
 

"Xing is here!"

 

Was the announcement as the trio entered.
 

What followed were many hoots and hollers of excitement, with stampeding footsteps coming down hallways.
 

"Yixing!"

"Ge!"

"Lay!"

 

All were yelled at the same time, Lay didn't have time to react to the bear hugs that were given to him in a fraction of a second. He only could hug back with a huge smile.

Once the high subsided, they got comfortable in the living room and he told the rest of the guys what his plans were while he was there.

 

"Oh sweet we'll be classmates!"

"Oh and since you'll wanna get back into dancing, you should come with us to the studio we go to."

"Oh yea!"

"Who's telling Hyo?"

"Uhm…"

"I will!" The youngest raised his hand. “Noona likes me." He smiled with pride.

 

"Who's Hyo?" Asked a very confused Yixing.
 

"Oh,” Luhan smiled. “she's the owner of the dance studio. Actually I heard she was going to SMA too so we should be classmates too!"

"Yay!"


~•~