Chapter 5

Thousand Words For You

CHAPTER 5

 

The woman escaped a shaky breathe and her hands were trembling and she also lose her grip on the book. The book falls to the tile ground. A tear trails down to her cheek as she mutters to herself.

 

"Yes, I'm right. This is her story of her life and I am... Wendy here on this story."

 

She grips her skirt tightly as she control her tears to not betray her. Even she tries so hard, she can't fight her tears as it falls down to her cheeks continuously. She wipe away her tears, scared that Yuri and Yoona were able to see her crying strangely.

 

She asked herself "Why did Taeyeon do this? What is her intention? What is happening? I've must know and stop this."

 

The woman stood up from her seat without hesitation. She collect her things and leave the cafe without letting her two friends know. She walked away and she hears her two friends calling her yet ignore. The woman was determine to know Taeyeon's intention to her book this time. Sure, its nice that Taeyeon sharing her life story but Taeyeon's life were not a usual story should everyone know. People might misunderstand it and foremost they might hurt her. She's going to stop this before big news happen to her after this fan sign.

 

 

She went back to massive fans piling up to get Taeyeon's signature and attention. The people were still not depleted, expected from Taeyeon's impact. She bump on her fans as she clears her way going to the famous writer. She shove away people as she can until she reaches Taeyeon who is smiling widely while talking to her one fan.

 

"Next people, please!" Taeyeon requested as she fix her gifts she received from her beloved fans. The woman took this opportunity to talk with her about the book. The woman threw the book against Taeyeon's table as she angrily asked "Taeyeon-ah!! Are you out of your mind? Why you published your diary? Why you did this?!!"

 

Taeyeon quickly look to owner's voice and she swear she can feel the woman's anger in front of her.

 

"Its not your business anymore. Don't act like you still care about me like you did nothing bad back then." Taeyeon coldly answered.

 

She continues as she stand while giving the woman a mocking expression "Tell me.... If I tell you my purpose. Can I trust you like I did before? Can you make things back at that way before? No!!! You can't, right?!!" Taeyeon chuckled and started again "I don't know have any idea why you came back when you know that there's no me welcoming you back. Maybe you do have other reason but hearing from you that I AM your reason. I swear, I want to choke from your words."

 

Taeyeon smiled bitterly as she pleads with annoyance "Please, leave me alone. Set me free. You don't know everything. You don't know my difficulties. You don't know me, yet..."

 

Taeyeon felt pain on her right cheek when she just realized that the woman in front of her ing slapped her hard as she see the woman's eyes got red from crying while listening Taeyeon's hurtful words.

 

"That's for hurting me using your words, Kim Taeyeon. I can't believe you were that kind of human being. You're just thinking all the bad things I did. How about our good memories together? Are you still ignoring it?? Are you forgetting those of it? We have more good memories, Taeyeon-ah!! Why can't you just give me a second chance this time to prove that I'm determine to be back with your side as your friend... only just a friend, Tae.... How can you cherished the bad things more??" The woman said while weeping.

 

Taeyeon glared at her as she answer coldly " You should realize that before you did it. You should give importance our friendship back then. I trusted you but you break it.... It's not my fault that I'm still hurting."

 

"Taeyeon!!!! What is happening here?!!" Yuri asked histerically to the two. 

 

Taeyeon shut her eyes off as she muttered while gritting teeth "Yul, can you get this girl off of my sight, please?"

 

"Taeyeon.... It's your best friend... My friend.. Our friend..." 

 

"Kwon Yuri~! Don't make me repeat my request!" Taeyeon glared at Yuri.

 

"But Tae!!! Stop being a b*tch! Let's talk this about in peaceful way." Yuri tried to persuade Taeyeon.

 

"KWON!!!  Do you want to be like her, huh? Don't make me hate you, too."

 

Some staff approached them to calm Taeyeon and control the situation. They get the woman as Taeyeon ordered but suddenly the woman told them that they need to stop the fan sign and don't sell the books. 

 

 "What the hell, are you saying?!! Come on... You must've been tired..."Yuri pulled the woman away from the staff.

 

"Please stop everything!!  Taeyeon will be harm if you continue this. Believe me!!!" 

 

Taeyeon laughs while shaking her head as she reasurres them "Oh, don't believe her. She's crazy and I don't trust that girl anymore.  I want to continue, don't mind her. " Taeyeon smiled. The truth is the oamn is right. She probably get harm by continuing selling the books. Taeyeon prepare herself for this. She prepare this long time ago. She's expecting bad reactions to her fans and the netizens. She's not turning back now. Not now that the persons involve in her story are slowly showing up to her again after a long time. 

 

She deeply sighed while looking at her own book. She touched her red cheek where the woman slapped her hard. 

 

"Your slap makes me surprise earlier, you know. I thought you can't hurt someone physically. Somehow, it pains me more.." Taeyeon mumbled.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Hey!! Tell me!! Why you make a scene there?! I told you to wait until she finish!! And what are you talking about that Tae will be harm if she sell the book. Hey!!! Answer me! What do you mean by that?! Is there someone threatening her?! Tell me??!" Yuri asked loudly that they received many curious looks from the customers in the cafe meanwhile Yoona giving the woman a concern look how the woman terribly crying for many minutes. The woman cries hardly as her mind occupied with Taeyeon's harsh words.

 

"Yuri unnie, don't scold her for now. She needs comfort now." Yoona said as she threw her arms to the woman, pulling her into her embrace.

 

Yuri groans to herself and stood from her seat, leaving Yoona curious "Aishh... This is so bad. I'm going to check Taeng first. This is just misunderstanding. Take care her for me, Yoon. I'll be back later and also.... Call me if Seohyun was already here. She'll come here soon. She will buy the book."

 

 

"Really???!!!" Yoona hyperly asked with eyes sparkingly.

 

 

"Yep.. So be ready. She told me that she really miss you a lot. She'll be happy to see you again later."

 

 

"Me too!!!!" Yoona squeled while patting the woman's back.

 

 

"I guess we'll have grand reunion here later but now let her calm first. Seohyun will be worried at her when she see her." 

 

"Okay, unnie!!!" Yoona happily said as she thought that she's going to see her friend... her precious friend, Seohyun.

 

"Unnie~ Hear that? Seo will arrive. Stop crying this time, just for us. We want all of us to be happy again just like before. So stop crying...."

 

Yoona continue soothing the woman in her arms "I know how hard to make Taeyeon unnie's trust back. Trust me, I saw in her eyes that she's hurting too when she tries to ignore me.. She's acting different in front of us but she's still the same Taeyeon that we've know. The unnie that I really really like and honored before....." Yoona smiled to herself, not realizing what she just said just now.

 

 

"It's my fault, Yoon. That's why she's acting differently not just only at me but also for you all. I change her badly. If... I just shut my mouth and tell her the truth. We're all still good.... 

 

I'm sorry..." the woman apologized while sobbing on Yoona's shoulder.

 

 

"It's okay, unnie. You don't need to be sorry at us. Its already happened. I just hope that this will be fix. I don't want everyone's hurting inside, unnie." Yoona said while caressing the woman's back slowly. The woman could only answer her back by a nod.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 "Yeah.... I'm Kang Seulgi, by the way.. Nice to meet you... Wen--ly??" Seulgi asked awkwardly and Wendy bursted laughing at her wrong name "No~ It's Wendy, not Wenly. Wendy.." Wendy said firmly.

 

"Wennn--dy.." Seulgi repeated. Wendy laughs again "You're cute, Seulgi... I guess you're not quite good speaking in English. You're going to have big problem too because this unnie's name is also English." Wendy pointed to one certain girl, looking at her with no expression. Seulgi stares back, don't know how to greet the certain girl. Wendy breaks the awkward atmosphere as she laughs again.

 

"Aigoo... This pretty unnie is too shy to introduce herself, here let me help you two." Wendy said before she grab Irene and Seulgi's hand. Seulgi's heart explodes as she hear the certain girl's voice that makes her knees weak at that moment.

 

"My name is Bae Joohyun but I prefer you calling me Irene instead." Irene reaches Seulgi's trembling hand, they shook hands and Seulgi can feel heat coming from her blushing face.

 

"I----I'm K--ang Sseu-lgi..." Seulgi stuttered.      Sh*t, I'm really nervous.

 

"I know.. Sooyoung mentioned you many times since before." Irene smiles a bit.

 

It's been two minutes since they are looking at each other and their hands were still connected and Wendy can feel hesitance between the two. She thinks "This two were same shy. I need to work hard to make this two become loud." Wendy thought before she grab Seulgi's hand away from Irene's.

 

"Okay enough you two. I feel I'm such an outlier among us. You two seems compatible since you two are shy."

 

Wendy continues "Listen, Seulgi. You might see me as annoying girl with such~~~ amazing~~~ loud voice~~!!! So right now, I'm asking you.... if you're fine with that so I can control this voice if you don't like. What do you think?"

 

 

"It's okay. I like to be around with loud people so I can be loud too. Sooyoung and my friends are loud too so I don't mind it. I already used to it."Seulgi perfectly answered without any stutter unlike to Irene. She feels that she's already comfortable around Wendy.

 

 

"Yieee!!! I thought you have problems with that just like this unnie." Wendy squealed as she holds Seulgi's hand.

 

"Yah!!! Son Seungwan!! Don't drag me into your stories." Irene glared at Wendy. Wendy just laugh it along as she drags Seulgi inside their room "Oh sorry, we should came you in since earlier. M too excited to chat with you. Come in, come in~  I'm going to show you around." Wendy pulled Seulgi inside the dorm, leaving her things outside. Irene's feet glued at her spot while watching the two.

 

Wendy become tour guide for a moment as she drag Seulgi in every corner of their dorm. "Here's our mini living room! As you can see we have television here and a couch of course but you know the exciting part is they have freaking lot movies here. Come on, I show you of it, they were cool!!" Wendy excitedly said while showing the CDs inside the cabinet. 

 

While Wendy talking non stop about some sort of favorite movies that she's going to watch again soon, Seulgi turn her head to other directions, looking for certain girl. Seulgi's eyes widened because of shyness. She swear her heart is starting to pound  again loudly as she saw Irene struggling getting her luggage and things she left outside. Seulgi panics.

 

She quickly went Irene and grab her luggage from the certain girl. Seulgi blushed hard as she realized that she actually touching  or holding Irene's hands as the girl still holding her luggage. Plus, their faces were merely inches far away to each other.

 

Seulgi quickly retreats her hand and looked away, she felt embarrassed. Irene removes her hands as well. "Uhmmm.... Sorry for forgetting my things and letting you carry my things here inside. Wendy was really excited that I forget about it. You shouldn't bring it here with yourself. You should let me know about it."

 

"Phew~ I didn't stutter. Godness Gracious" Seulgi quietly sighed.

 

"N-no. It's fine. Uhmm... I should help you.... and I don't know how so I carried them." Irene whispered.

 

Seulgi felt her heart warms. As she thought that Irene is cold girl but she does care about her. She wonders if she remember her as the girl who saves her in her boyfriend. Is Irene remember her? 

 

 Seulgi smiles shyly "Thank you, I--lene unnie..." 

 

"Damn!!! It's Irene!! Not Ilene!!!! Why can't you speak English, Seulgi-yah. You're really embarrassing!!" Seulgi curses to herself and she hears Irene giggle at her cute mistake.

 

 Suddenly Wendy popped out from Seulgi's side, surprising the two "Oh!! Unnie is really kind, didn't she? That's why I really love her!!" Wendy squealed and proceeds to Irene's side to hug the latter.

 

"Yah!!! Wen!! Story hugging me. Seulgi might get uncomfortable." Irene removes Wendy clingy arms.

 

Seulgi felt that she needs to answer so she answer back quickly without second thought "Ah no I'm used to skin ships. Don't worry."

 

 

"What the?? What I'm saying?" Seulgi curses as soon she realizes her words.The two might misunderstand it because it was a lie. She's not a type of person who loves to cling with others and they might thought that Seulgi was that kind of person. They might expect her to cling with them but she's really nervous when doing skin ships and that's her only problem. She just like other people being clingy to her but don't expect her to be affectionate to the others. 

 

 

"Perfect... Because I love skin ship." 

 

 

Seulgi's thoughts halted from the moment when she heard that words from the certain girl who makes her heart race  without any good reason besides being pretty. She looked Irene who's staring at her intensely. Seulgi silently pray for her heart to control anytime soon as he heard Irene said it. Her feelings haunting back from the time she met Irene few months ago. It explains a lot how she loves skinship because Irene hugged a stranger like her before.

 

Wendy laughed at nth time "Oh, unnie still doesn't change at all. Anyway, I'm going to continue our tour and I'm going to let you see your space and our spaces. So let's go, Seulgi. Let's leave her for a moment." We continue our little trip on our dorm as we roam around the rooms . It's simple and cozy for me. Finally, I already see my own space. I have a little study desk and shelves for me to put my reference books and for my bed, we just have double deck bed and I was on the bottom bunk. I wonder who's person above me?

 

"Oh I forgot!! Irene's unnie took the top bunk! Today, my bed that I ordered last week will arriving today because last week I am the one sleeping there but now you already here, I need somewhere to sleep but don't worry, its really really fine with me to be alone. Do you like it?" Wendy asked Seulgi.

 

 

 OHMYGAD!!! What's happening right now? Is destiny playing with my heart? I mean, how can many people in this universe or rather in Korea, out of all of them, I need to become roommate of the beautiful girl I saw in the restaurant few months ago that turns out to be my brother's girlfriend that I rescued her from him because he's hurting her to the point that I punched him had and the beautiful girl cried on my shoulders for so long that I cannot track it because I was so immersed of comforting her that time and that girl also requested a hug from me because seriously how lucky I am that I was able to embrace her because she's too much for me and I don't deserve that hug because I am just Kang Seulgi, a nobody.. And right now, I'm still on the stage of shock knowing that the beautiful girl I met will be going to be my roommate from now on and earlier, I can't control this stupid feeling as I really don't want feel this because this is all wrong and again right now, I just heard that the beautiful girl was actually sleeps just a two feet above my bed and I don't have any idea how can I ensure this feelings will be fade soon as I heard it. 

 

Every second passed, every thought that every night I can feel Irene unnie's presence in this small bed makes my heart thumps rapidly in my chest. I think I can't handle the feelings and this is the first time I felt this kind of sensation burning in my heart as in never in my life until I met her. I could die right now... RIP ME..

 

"Hey Kang Seulgi~ You're listening???" Wendy waves her hand in front of Seulgi's froze face.

 

"Oh, just having a thought."  Seulgi quickly answered, wanted to smacked herself for spacing out.

 

"Don't worry, Irene unnie doesn't snore. Shes like an angel when she sleeps." Wendy remarked.

 

Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop making my heart pound, Wendy!! Don't tease me. Oh my, I'm anticipating it!! Gosh!! Kang Seulgi!!

 

 

Wendy grins from Seulgi's expression as if she's having constipation. "I'm really like that when I saw unnie too, you know, Don't be nervous around her, I'm here if you're uncomfortable. She's really gorgeous that even girls like her."

 

 

Seulgi could only look at Wendy with fake disbelief. "But the problem is... sometimes she's off attitude. She's moody person and I want you take over her if she's bad mood because trust me, its hard and we've been friends for very long time and when she starts, I don't know how to handle it, I guess. Anyway, just talk to me if you have problem with her. We can try to solve it because I don't want us to have conflicts after we all graduate and have own jobs. I want you all to be still my friends after college." Wendy said with a smile. There's something inside of Seulgi feels different when Wendy smiles, she dont know what is that but she only knew when Wendy smiles like that earlier, she felt trust within that smile, something that she doesn't see to anyone else except from her family, of course.

 

"A genuine smile.." Seulgi thought.

 

 

"Hey Why you're not reacting on my heart warming speech? I know I might sound weird but really, I want all of us become friend even we're not living here in this dorm."Wendy pouted.

 

Seulgi smiles and looked directly at Wendy's eyes with pure honesty "You're right. We should be all friends after this."

 

Wendy smiles widely and hugged Seulgi as she really want to squished Seulgi in her arms. Seulgi admitted that she find Wendy weird at first like this because they already known each other for just minutes and then suddenly Wendy acts like they known each other for so long.

 

 

"Oh hi, Irene unnie~ Want to join to our hug? Group hug?!!!" Wendy asked while hugging me, I can see her on my peripheral vision, looking at us.... coldly??? while folding her arms.

 

 

"No, thank you Wendy. I'm going out..." Irene said before walking out.

 

 

 

 

"Oh, someone is jealous hihihi!!" Wendy giggled as she removes her arms on my waist.

"God!!! I don't know what's in Wendy's mind right now. She's crazy and total opposite of me." Seulgi thought.

 

 

Wendy soon left the room, leaving Seulgi alone when she suddenly saw her luggage and things are in front of their shared room's door. 

 

Seulgi realizes again that she left her things again in the living room earlier because Wendy dragged her again and she thinks why her things are here in front of their shared room.

 

 

No, it can't be..........

 

 

 

Irene carried it again up until to their room.....

 

 

 

 

"!!! I let her bring my things again!!! I'm really shy now at her. That's why she's in front of the door and watching us hugging earlier because she bring my stuff here!!! I'm really stupid!!!!!" Seulgi muttered to herself while getting her things.

 

Thousand of thoughts are running on Seulgi's mind now. What Irene's reason why she brings her stuff even she told her that she should let her know to get it and the luggage is really heavy, it's no joke? Why would Irene do that for Seulgi? Is it because of saving her before or there's something else that Seulgi doesn't freaking know why.

 

Seulgi sighed "Damn heart and mind.. Why you're thinking much, Seulgi-yah? It doesn't mean something. I'm really doomed for sure. Good luck to me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly closed the book that the woman left earlier as she threw it at the table.

 

"That's why she reacted that way because perhaps she does remember our first meeting." Taeyeon mumbled while staring at the book.

 

Taeyeon opened the book earlier while she's on break after the woman's outburst. She opened the book on the crumbled page which came from the fall on the cafés ground when the woman's drop the book and it was exactly the page the woman stopped reading it as she dropped it.

 

 

 

"What did you do to unnie? Why she's crying?" A mysterious girl came in front of her table as the fan sign resumes.

 

As soon as Taeyeon's eyes landed on that girl, she swear she got nervous and panicked at the same time, her eyes even widened at the one of the unexpected person she's going to see. Taeyeon wishes that she can hide now.

 

 

"Answer me.... or else.... I'll call unnie and let her know about this."

 

 

Author's note:

Hi guys! Sorry for late update, I should update this last week but I got lazy to do it so here it is now :) You might see the hints I dropped today. Yeah, there's a lot and it's more obvious and I think I'm going to reveal it next chapter because of the last scene. *I really need to reveal because my readers are going to kill me if I won't XD* I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER. ALSO, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING STORY ESPECIALLY THOSE TO THE READERS WHO COMMENTED ON THE LAST CHAPTERS. YOU DONT KNOW HOW I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, JUST COMMENT BUT IF IT'S ABOUT "WHO'S GOING TO END UP TOGETHER? IS IT TAENY OR TAENGSIC?" IM NOT GOING TO ANSWER THAT YET. VIEWS, SUBSCRIBES, VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE SUPER APPRECIATE TO THIS AUTHOR :D AND THANK YOU FOR 100 SUBS!!! YIE!!! ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FEEL HAPPY ON MY BIRTHDAY TODAY :) HIHIHI!! THAT'S IT FOR NOW BYE <3