Chapter 4

Thousand Words For You

 

"Can I hug you?" the beautiful girl asked me  while her gaze looking upon my stiff expression on how were faces were too close.

 

I can't speak. My breathe hitched. My throat is dry. I gulped.

 

I only smiled awkwardly and give a simple nod, staring back at her.

 

In a split second, the beautiful girl launched herself to me, hugging me tightly. Her arms around my waist and her face on the my shoulder. I don't what to do. Should I pat her back? her head? Should I just stand here, not attempting making any move? Should I caressed her hair slowly? Should I.... Should I....... hug her back as tightly as she give?

 

My brain isn't functioning well. My heart is trembling from nervousness. This is the first time I felt this way. This is too strong to handle. I bite my lips as I controlled my feelings to this stranger. I closed my eyes, mind starting to speak that I shouldn't let this feelings win over. Control..... control.... control....

 

Suddenly..... I felt her hand gripping on my back shirt as I heard she is sobbing quietly.... again..

 

My heart torn apart hearing this sound from this beautiful stranger that I'd met. Without hesitation, I placed my arms around her petite body slowly, delicately that I don't want her to break.

 

"Please don't cry. Please stop..." I mumbled as I comfort and calmed her. Her cries right now is not hard as earlier but for me this is the most hurtful cry I heard.

 

"If he do it again to you, break up with him..."  I blurted out. I don't realize how my thoughts are spilling out loud without thinking and considering it. Usually when I speak to others, I am thinking what thoughts should I say or not but right now, I didn't do it.That time, I don't care the truth showed by  saying my thoughts immediately.

 

We stayed in that postion for a minute long, I think and a later while, she unwrapped her arms and faced me. I slowly put down my arms around her waist as well as I wait her to speak.

 

She wipe her tears away and she gulped before she start talking.

 

"I'm sorry and thank you...." she said while smiling warmly.

 

"Ahhh-hhh.. N-no problem, I j-jjust did what I think is right.. D-dont worry me..." I nervously replied back.

 

"Your fist is swollen and red.. Should I send you to hospital?" the girl worriedly asked me as she point my right fist that I used to punch my brother.

 

"N-no-no....I'm fine.. It will be fade later. Don't worry about me again..." I reasurred her.

 

"Okay fine... if you say so.. Sorry, I must leave now. Its getting darker later and you too, you should go back. You seemed to be a high school student, aren't you?"

 

"Yes.. I am..." I only answered. "So... goodbye then..." the girl said before she turn her back at me and starting to walk away from me.

 

"Good thing that you didn't introduce yourself so that we can't meet again because I don't want this fluttering feelings inside me showing up again when I look at your eyes again..." I mumbled but I almost forgot that I already knew her.

 

"Sh*t!!! She's Nayeon's sister and my brother's girlfriend!!!" I groaned to myself knowing that any moment, we can meet again and I don't want that to happen again because I am scared on my own's feelings.

 

------------------------------------

 

"Hey! Kang Seulgi!! Where the hell did you go? I almost sacrifice my life for you because of your stupid bag and your freaking hot brother!!!" Sooyoung yelled me through my ears as soon I stepped in the cafe that we always hang out.

 

" Stop, Sooyoung!! Give my bag!! I want to go home early. I'm not in mood to talk with you." I hastily grabbed my bag from her hands but she dodged it.

 

"Yah!! How could you do it to me? Are you not thankful for saving your bag when all the girls wanted to get something from you? Aishhhhh... are you still not trusting me, Seulgi. After many years we spent together but you didn't told me about your handsome brother. Oh come on, Seulgi-yah.... Let's hang out first... My treat!!!" Sooyoung delightly said and I don't have any choice to agree wit her even I don't feel talking to anyone else after huge events happened to me.

 

"So.... tell me about him?" Sooyoung excitedly said.

 

Him... Suho oppa...... Aishhh.... How can this girls can be blind by visuals when this person is an ? Yeah, even he is my brother... I consider him as a flirt.. 

 

"He's famous by his looks.. That's it." I plainly said and Sooyoung glared at me "Tell me more... more interesting."

 

I deeply sighed as I narrate my brother's personality, as much I hate him, I didn't tell about the many thins I really don't like.

 

"He loves basketball and video games. That's why I have a lot game consoles because of him."

 

"Wow..., Your brother seemed to be same like you. I felt that the things you told me was your likes, honestly."Sooyoung sipped from her mug. I shrugged as I replied "Aniyo... It's just he likes to share his interest to me.... like past week... he wants to join marathon and he's inviting me but I refused him because I know for sure, he'll hunt some girls there... I'm not surprised if he got one or tons there."

 

Sooyoung chuckled "Too bad... He is a jerk who loves to play girl's heart. Anyway, thanks for info about him. I realized that I don't like a person like him because I don't want my heart die.."

 

"You're silly!! Why you let my brother kill your heart? You're telling me that you can die for him but you can't. That's ridiculous." I laughed.

 

"Seulgi.... In love, even it's painful for you, you still love that person. That's why many people were getting crazy and die for love because it's hard to erase it....its too hard to forget it...."

 

"I don't get you, Sooyoung-ah. Did you get that from the internet?" I joked.

 

"Aishh!! Whatever!! Kang Seulgi!!! I think you will never date someone else!!" Sooyoung huffed in annoyance. I just simply laughed and continue savor this treat from Sooyoung since months later we will be separate.

 

"Yah!! Slow down!! Wait for me! Are you really in hurry to finish that bubble tea in few minutes? It's unfair!!"

 

I clicked my tongue as I said "Yeah. I want to go home and rest and I already tell about my oppa so why am I staying here for an hour?"

 

She deeply sighed and said "Fine... Go away... Leave me alone in this empty cafe that we used to visit and hang out and it's first time for me to drink alone, without anyone that specially care about me-------"

 

"Stop, stop. I know where this going. I stay, happy???"

 

"Oh Seulgi!!!!!!!! I know you really love me!!!" Sooyoung hugged me. No.... she always break my whole body as she squished me hardly. I hitted her hands to pull me away. Damn.... why she always treat me as er daughter? Am I still childish in this age? I chuckled when I remember our one of conversation at Yeri's house about our age.... she's too mature for me. I wonder what Yeri is now? Is she still the same Yeri that very cheerful but serious a the same time? How have she been there? When she will came back here? I really miss her :(

 

--------------------------------

After hanging out with Sooyoung, I really go home straight because I need to talk to Suho oppa about what happened earlier. I knew that he might be in home, waiting for me. I knew he felt bad for himself and for me when I saw his expression after I punched him. I must wait his explanations about his actions towards her girlfriend... or not... maybe? I hope she's not. Wow!!! Why am wishing she's not my brother's girlfriend? Just great, Seulgi.. You told earlier about stopping your feelings for her, okay? 

 

I came inside our house and mom quickly asked me "Hey darling, what's happened to your brother? Is there something happened on your school when he went there?"

 

"Uhmmm.. sorry mom, I just want to rest. Maybe, I talk to him.... It's also my fault. I go now." I told her while making my way to my bedroom when suddenly I saw my brother waiting me at the front of my room, playing his phone.

 

He stood from the floor and he looked at me, giving a sorry look. "Seul.. can we talk?"

 

I nodded "Yeah.. sure... I need to talk with you too. Come in, I don't want mom know about this even I wanted too."

 

He stepped in and he sit down on my desk chair as he watched me to bring down my backpack and remove my socks.

 

"I'm sorry..... I don't know how can you forgive me at my actions. Its just.... I am really mad that she need to do it to my girls when I thought that she was different from her. I am really bad guy.... I felt that you disgrace me.... even mom..." Suho started to wipe his tears as he mention mom.

 

"I know you hated me from the start but..... I just realized how bad person I am for hurting girls like that!!!! I am very embarrassed to you!! Sorry, Seulgi....." he sob loudly as he grab my hands, holding it tightly, asking my forgiveness.

 

"Oppa....." I called him. He looked at me "Even I want to ignore and mad at you, I can't do that. Even I hated you, I still talked and laughed with you. I can't just mad at you all the time, it's frustrating you know and I want to forgive you and promise me that never ever let this happen again because I am sure that we will be mortal enemy for real if its happen again. So promise to not do it again or else---------"

 

"Thank you, Seulgi-yah!!! You're the best sister!!!" Suho happily said as he give me a hug.

 

"Don't worry!! I treat her better!!! I promise!!" 

 

"Apologize first... She might break up with you, you know. She's really frightened and she's crying non stop."

 

"Ohhhhh.....  I'm sure she's going to break up with me after I done bad things to her. Aishhhh!!! I am so stupid!!!" Suho said frustatingly as he start to teared up again.

 

 

"I don't know but I think she loves you a lot...." I blurted out. When I told this words, I felt bad and I don't know why and I think that this the reality. She cries for many minutes because of Suho oppa that can only mean that she is badly hurt from his actions.

 

"I do hope... I'll going to fetch her tomorrow and make it up with her." Suho oppa said opmistically as he try to smile even his eyes is full of hesitation.

 

"By the way, what is her name? I forgot it...." I unconsciously asked.

 

"Goddess....." 

 

"Yah! I'm serious here, Suho oppa!"

 

"Angel????" I glared at him when he said that.

 

He chuckled and said "Bae Joohyun or simply Irene..."

 

"Irene...." I mumbled.

 

"It's beautiful, right? Like her face. Hahahahaha" 

 

Yeah, I agree with you. Her name was perfectly fit on her. She seem calm and cold but when she smile, it can melt many ice.

 

"How come did you catch a rare beauty, oppa?" I asked him and he grinned widely.

 

He started "We're schoolmates. She's studying at SM University too and she's only freshman there yet she catch all the student's attention from her outstanding beauty. Of course as one of the hottest boy there, I must get Irene's attention to rule over school with our visuals but of course that's not my real reason why I love her. I saw her first time when I occasionally walked into the library to meet someone there but I decided to not meet that person because I was too stunned at her presence there. I saw her reading a book at full concentration.... I mean she looks freaking beautiful then she looks a nerd while she's reading book. She totally almost perfect in my eyes because I never met someone in my life as beautiful and smart like her. So I decided to make a  move and then I asked her out and she give me a he's to me which makes me really happy and that happiness is really real, not lust... I felt wonderful after that. End of the story.." he smiled as he was really satisfied to his own story.

 

"Whipped...." I commented.

 

"Always..... and everyone was whipped at her even girls too, asking her out for a date but she's already mine so I felt sorry for them. Hahahahaha!"

 

My heart sank. Why I feeling this way? I should be happy for my brother since he seemed pretty contented to this girl. Why? Why? Why?

 

"Ohhh... I need to text her or call her. I want badly to forgive me. I miss her already. Thank you Seulgi and sorry again, I won't let it happen. I won't lose Irene again." Suho oppa said before he exited from my room.

 

I launched my body to my bed as my ears replaying on what Suho oppa last statement.

 

I won't lose Irene again......

I won't lose Irene again......

I won't lose Irene again.......

 

Aishh!!! Why are you worrying about that, Seulgi?!!! They love each other and its obvious. Why are you hoping that you can hug her again just like earlier! Why are you hoping that she's gripping on your shirt again?! Why are you hoping that she will cry into your arms again?! Why are you hoping that she will need you at most just like earlier?!!

 

"This can't be..... love what they called.." I mumbled under my breathed. I shook my head vigorously." No. no. Seulgi, this is really wrong! There's no way to let this feelings show!! Don't, please!!!" That time I can't barely sleep because of beautiful stranger who I'd thought that it's just a sweet nightmare for me but I was completely wrong because she's the beautiful stranger that will take a huge part of my life..

 

----------------------------------------

 

After several months, I am preparing myself for the college and I am going to attend at SM University where my brother currently studying. Sooyoung and I already departed ways because she would move into far university from our city because of the profession she likes. For Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Nayeon, I already bid farewell to me as well but they promise that they will visit at some time since Nayeon's unnie which is Bae Irene studying there too.. But anyway, I don't think much of her because I want to forget this feelings and I can proudly says that I don't think her that much. 

 

"Ready, Seulgi??" My mom asked me while packing my baggage. I nodded at her and get my luggage as I went out to our home. I am going to miss our home. 

 

"This is your things, Seulgi. Remember what I always told you, clean and neat. You need to clean always because you have your roommates and I don't want you to get trouble with them. Please take care yourself first before anyone else, okay??" My mom said before she hugged me tightly.

 

"Just call us if you miss us or you need someone to talked with you. We're always here for you and I hope you do well on your grades. Make us proud, my girl~"

 

"Y-yes mom, I will. Don't worry mom, Suho oppa can visit me and check on me. I'll be going for now, good bye!!" I smiled before I turned my back from her and started going towards to the cab waiting for me.

 

I saw my mom waving at me while smiling widely. I felt sad seeing her pretending that she's fine without me. I can feel my eyes get watery but I resisted it to fall. I'm not the person who easily cry, I usually pretend and be happy so it will not make me sad.

 

After almost an hour of drive, I arrived at university grounds where many students walking and many buildings can be seen here too. Actually, Sooyoung helped me making some requirements here since she has lot of friends here and she suggested this dorm room for me because she heard that her elementary friends are going to be in this room. She convinced the officer to let me stay at that dorm room since there were already completed there but Sooyoung did her best to negotiate him. 

 

"I should bring Sooyoung here so it will be easy for me to get know them and not to be awkward around them." I muttered while going upstairs while dragging my things. Thankfully, mom already bring some things in my dorm room because if she didn't, I totally killing myself because its too heavy.

 

 

 "Room 270, 271, 272..... Room 273!!" I pull down my luggage as I face the room's door.

 

 

273??????????????? What the hell did I just saw??

Is this real???

Why she's doing this??

 

The woman wrinkled her forehead and her intense gaze was still on number 273, not sure if she want this to continue. She's sure what will happen next, she hopes she was wrong.

 

"Hey, what happened? I just got call from Seohyun and your face was all pale. Did you read something uncomfortable? Geez... I told Taeyeon that she must stop planning to do , she's not good at it. Is it bad?"

 

The woman blushed and denied "No!!!! It's not like that!!! I-I mean, I just remember something important that I must to do.. I'll go to comfort to first."

 

She was nervous and she don't want Yuri witness her reaction if her instincts are telling truth. But before she walks away from the table, a familiar figure waving at both of them and many people were squealing and amaze to this particular person who happens a famous actress and model. Yuri was happily waving back and starting jumping up and down frm her seat, the latter is really excited. Many people makes a crowd at  the entrance of the cafe as this person wants to talk with us.

 

"IM YOONA!!!!!!!!!!" all of them scream as they went at her but luckily she has bodyguards around her. 

 

"YOOOOOOONAAAA-YAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Yuri shouted at the top of her lungs to steal Yoona's attention to the crowd.

 

 "UNNIES!!!!!!! YURI UNNIE!!!" Yoona squealed in joy as she went to our table and hug us tightly.

 

She stopped and face us " I really miss you guys!!!!! ITS BEEN A WHILE!!!" after that words he hugged us for the second time.

 

"Yoona!!! You seemed a lot beautiful from now! You're really amazing!!" Yuri complimented and Yoona just simply smile and she turned to asked me.

 

"Oh... When did you came back, unnie? You should told me so I   can clear my schedules and hang out with you more since I know you still coming back to America."

 

"Ah.... It's just emergency, Yoona. I came here to apologize before it gets too late." the woman answered.

 

"Ahh~ You seemed heard the wedding in advance to decide to come back here.Taeyeon unnie must be special for you."

 

The woman froze and she swear her heart is pounding loudly that she can't reply properly "Y--ye--ahh... Sh-e is.... She's my b-best friend after all an-d I can-t leave he-re if s-he wont forgive me.."

 

Yoona smiled warmly and pats the woman's head "Well good luck to you.... She seemed distant and cold...."

 

The woman nodded and Yuri got the timing to interrupted theur talk "Hey, want grab something to eat? Come on, let's order your foods, miss famous?"

 

"You still a dork, unnie. I'm happy that Seohyun were not like you~"

 

"Whatever pretty shikshin! Let's go and  meokbang broadcast here." Yuri exclaimed and Yoona playfully hit Yuri's arm, being embarrassed from the people.

 

The woman sit down to her seat, her eyes landed on the book that pages are freely open from what did she read earlier. She look outside of the café's windows, seeing many people from outside taking photos to Yoona, blocking Taeyeon's presence from doing her fan signing event.

 

 

She prepare herself. She cleared . She fingertips hold the book slowly as her eyes scanned at the specific scene where she stopped. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

She stared at the door for almost god knows how long. She fixed her hair and release a deep sigh, forgetting her both hands nervously as she try to relax. She let out a determined sigh before her fist turn into ball and went it to the door, making some sounds..

 

*Knock!! Knock!! Knock!!* She squinted her eyes.

 

She tapped her shoes as she wait patiently someone to get the door.

A strong wind blew to her face as her roommate swung the door open, revealing her roommate....

 

 

 

 

Rather, roommates...

 

Two girls revealed as they opened the door making Seulgi eyes widen from one particular person she didn't expect to see her at her dorm. 

 

"Hello there!! You must be Sooyoung's friend? Because she told me that you're going to be OUR roommate. Am I right?"another girl asked Seulgi, looking excited while the another one is just looking at her emotionlessly, like they never met before.

 

Seulgi nods and the another girl jump up and down and quickly holds Seulgi's hands as she welcomed her.

 

 

My name is Wendy. I came from States and I'm just a freshman like you and also, I am Yeri's friend there! I hope we got closer together and became best friends, right Irene unnie??

 

Sure, Wendy. I really hope so..

 

The woman escaped a shaky breathe and her hands are trembling and loses her grip on the book. The book fell to the tile ground.

 

A tear trails down to her cheek as she muttered to herself.

 

"Yes, I'm right. This is her story of life....... And I am Wendy here on this story...."

 

Author's Note: (HIATUS FOR A MOMENT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE )

Thanks for supporting this story so far and hope you patiently wait many revelations in this story. FIGHTING!!! 💗💗💗