~3~

By Your Side

Sinb walked down the hall and looked for her room, the paper said that her room was the room to the right. She looked left and saw one other door, she slightly awed as she thought that the rooms must’ve been big due to each floor only having two dorm rooms. She started walking to her dorm. Her body was exhausted from moving all day. She finally arrived in front of her dorm; she took out her key from her pocket and opened the door. She dropped her luggage inside the room and plopped down on one bed.

Sinb’s ears slightly perked up as she heard a door open. Although she was tired, Sinb lifted her head and opened her eyes. 

“Sinb! Are you already going to bed?” Yerin said as she jumped on top on Sinb.

Sinb let out a small squeak as she playfully started to playfully hit Yerin.

“Of course I’m tired! I had to spend the whole day with you.” Sinb teased.

Sinb then heard a very delicate laugh; she turned her head towards the door.         

“Whoa! It’s an angel!” Sinb said as she recognized the girl from Yerin’s phone screen. She turned her head towards Yerin, “She’s even prettier in person,”

Yerin grinned ear to ear, “I know right!” She said as she patted her friend’s back.

“Phone screen?” Eunbi said as she raised an eyebrow. “Yerin what did I tell you about setting a picture of me as your phone screen.”

Yerin stuck her lower lip out, “But you’re so cute that I have to…”

“Yerin-ee…” Eunbi started, “It’s embarrassing.”

“But,” Yerin said as she walked over to Eunbi, “You’re too cute so I can’t help but show off every time I turn on my phone.”

Eunbi puffed her cheeks as her cheeks turned a slight pink. Watching the two interact made Sinb a little jealous of their relationship.

“Oh yeah Eunbi! I have a question.” Yerin said as she wandered the room.

“Yeah, what is it?” Both Sinb and Eunbi answered.

Although Sinb preferred to be called Sinb, the name Eunbi still made her reply, as it was her name.

“Oh sorry, it’s just kinda confusing…” Sinb said as she realized that Yerin was calling for the other Eunbi.

“No, it’s ok.” Yerin put her chin in her hand. Then she pointed at her girlfriend. “What if we gave you a nickname? So that way, it’d be less confusing.”

“That would be cute!” Eunbi said as clapped her hands. “But what would it be?”

Yerin walked over with the biggest and stupidest grin, “Eunha.”

“Eunha? As in galaxy? Why?” Eunbi said as she looked up at the taller girl.

“Because you’re more than just my world, you’re my entire galaxy.” Yerin said as she put her forehead against Eunbi’s.

Eunbi, now Eunha, took at step back as her face slowly turned red. “Yerin...”

“Wow! That’s so cheesy!” Sinb said as she interrupted the two girls. “Of course you’d come up with something like that.”

“Well, what did you expect? Something dull?” Yerin said as she smirked.

“No, I expected you to come up with something cheesy,” Sinb said as she leaned back. “If it wasn’t cheesy then I’d be more concerned.”

“Oh, Yerin,” Eunha said as she walked over to a bed and sat down. "What was your question?"

“Oh yeah!” Yerin said as she sat next to Sinb. “When did you arrive?”

Eunha thought for a second, “A little bit before you. Why do you ask?”

“No real reason, I was just curious.” Yerin said as she then turned to Sinb. “So are you enjoying your empty dorm?”

“Is that a joke or are you being literal?” Sinb said as she hit Yerin’s arm.

“Both.” Yerin said which slightly confused Sinb.

“Well, I like being alone but at the same time I’m kinda disappointed that we weren’t put as roommates,” Sinb said as she leaned back and plopped down on her bed. “But I'm happy you got to room with your girlfriend! That's really lucky.”

“Honestly, I think I'd grow tired of you if I roomed with you.” Yerin said as she shoved Sinb. “I wouldn't be able to take ur attitude after a while.”

"I'm gonna hit you," Sinb glared at her.

Eunha smiled as she saw the two interact; she was happy that Yerin was able to make such a close friend. Usually, Yerin attracted superficial people and everyone wouldn’t stay long. Yerin’s attitude at times also repelled others, as sometimes the way she looked at people was a little rude. Yerin couldn’t help it; she just sometimes had that resting face.

Eunha turned to Sinb and saw during the time they were together that Sinb’s resting face was even worse than Yerin’s. Eunha knew that Sinb meant no harm, if anything, Sinb showcased that she was very nice. If anything, that is probably how they got so close. Eunha smiled at the thought.

“What are you smiling at?” Yerin said as she moved over to Eunha.

“Nothing really.” Eunha lied.

“Come on, you were laughing at nothing?” Yerin said as she wrapped her arm around Eunha’s shoulder.

“Nothing really important. I was just laughing at how close you two were.” Eunha said as she put her hand over Yerin’s. “People could probably mistake you two for lovers instead.”

“Are you jealous?” Yerin teased.

“Slightly,” Eunha admitted as she nodded innocently.

“How could you make your girlfriend jealous!” Sinb said as she gasped overdramatically. “So scandalous! You’re just using me to get more lovey-dovey with her!” Sinb hit a dramatic pose but then laughed at her own teasing.

“Damn, good thing the school didn’t look at your acting!” Yerin said as she laughed. “They would’ve kicked you out.”

“How dare ye!” Sinb said as she took the role of a medieval princess. “I myself-th think-th that I am a very good-th actress…th.”

Yerin curled her fingers as she harshly cringed. Eunha laughed as she enjoyed the comedy act that Sinb had shown.

“Damn it’s late!” Sinb said as she looked at the time on her phone. “You guys better go, I still need to unpack and I’m tired as hell!”

“You’re kicking us out?” Yerin said as she made a fake sobbing noise.

“Well yeah. I don’t want to ruin your first day seeing each other after a long time. Plus you guys probably have a lot of catching up to do and when I’m tired I act like more of a .” Sinb said as she shrugged. “You two are a couple! Give your girlfriend the attention she needs.”

With that, Sinb closed the door behind them.

“Ok. Goodnight Sinb!” Sinb heard Yerin call from beyond the closed door.      

Sinb turned around and leaned against the door. She sighed and allowed her legs to buckle; she was exhausted. She roughly landed on the floor and was forced to sit on the cold wood floor. She didn’t care; for some reason, she was extremely stressed during the whole visit. Despite her mood, she tried to be as happy as she could. She didn’t want to be awkward nor rude. Her body was incredibly weak as she stumbled as she stood up. Every year it seemed as if her body were getting weaker and weaker as more and more stress piled up.

I should work out more…

Maybe she shouldn’t have raced Yerin earlier. She was completely fine after the race; she wasn’t even tired. Now she was feeling slightly sore and extremely fatigued.

Sinb shook her head as if she were shaking off her fatigue. She still had to unpack and take a shower. She convinced herself that she was not tired and then started to unpack. Sinb wasn’t a very organized person so she just opened up her suitcase and put everything into sad little sections. She took out the items to use for her shower then headed into the bathroom.

             

Taking a shower was a good idea, Sinb thought as she dried her hair with a small towel.

She had changed into a comfortable outfit to sleep in. Of course, it was her favorite color: black. She wore huge sweat pants and a baggy T-shirt with words that spelled out DANCE MACHINE in white, bold letters. She placed the towel on top of her still slightly damp hair and opened the door to walk out of the bathroom.

Cold air pushed against Sinb and she then wished that she had kept the door closed.

Click

Sinb turned as she heard the key slot turned. The sudden slight sound scared her a little as she wasn’t expecting her roommate to come this late at night. The door slowly opened and dramatic music started to play in Sinb’s mind. A small girl then emerged from behind the door and she was startled to see Sinb just staring at her.

The girl was smaller than Sinb, in both height and frame. The girl had a small face; it was neither long nor wide so it made her face look very cute and innocent. Her hair was a dark brown and was wavy. She had bangs that hung over her eyes. She had big, bright eyes that were staring right back at Sinb.

“Hello…” Sinb said awkwardly as the towel pathetically fell from her head.

The girl bowed, as she was too shy to reply back with her voice. She averted her eyes and looked everywhere else to avoid looking at Sinb. While doing all this she was biting on her thumb.

“Sorry, I must be blocking the way in.” Sinb said as she moved out of the way.

“No, I’m sorry,” The girl finally said in a high voice. “Sorry, I must’ve made you uncomfortable.”

“No, not at all.” Sinb said. She technically wasn’t lying because although she wasn’t feeling uncomfortable, she felt awkward.

The girl didn’t look convinced as she bowed one last time as she passed Sinb and took the other bed. Sinb followed the girl and went to her own bed.

“So, what is your name?” The girl said as she settled down.

Sinb was somewhat surprised at the quiet girl’s attempt at socializing.

“My name is Sinb.” She replied as she sat on her bed.

“Oh, well my name is Kim Yewon. I look forward to being your roommate.” Yewon said as she unpacked and placed all of her items into drawers that were provided.

Sinb nodded as she watched the girl scurry around the room, cleaning, and organizing. She didn’t understand why she was so open at their first meeting. For some reason, it irritated her.

“Shouldn’t you put your stuff away?” Yewon asked as she looked over at the stuffed suitcases and bags.

“It’s fine,” Sinb said as she turned. Her expression slightly scared the smaller girl.

Curse my resting face…

Sinb turned back and tucked herself into bed. Though she felt bad about giving Yewon the wrong impression, she also felt relieved that the girl had stopped talking. It was strange for a person to be so open, but maybe that was Sinb feeling jealous that this new girl was so fast to opening up to people. Still... it felt as if Yewon was obliged to get close to Sinb; which shouldn’t be the case.

Sinb slowly closed her eyes and waited for the rising of the sun.

 

Sinb heard a faint knock at the door. She turned over in her bed and ignored it. To Sinb’s annoyance it only got louder. Sinb flipped the sheets off of her and trudged towards the door. She turned and saw that Yewon’s bed was empty and fixed. She continued to the door and then opened it.

“What do you want, Yerin,” Sinb said antagonistically.

“What’s with that attitude?” Yerin said as she laughed. “Actually, thinking about it, this is your regular attitude.”

“Shut up,” Sinb said as she yawned and smiled. “Well, what do you want?”

“That’s a better tone.” Yerin teased. “Anyways, we are thinking of going to just anywhere. We registered so now we can have fun before the semester starts.”

“True,” Sinb said as she smiled. “Ok, I’ll get ready real quick. Should I meet you guys in the lobby?”

“Yep!” Yerin said. “Hurry! I don’t want to do only one or two things because you were so lazy.”

Sinb nodded as she closed the door and walked back into the room. She did everything she needed in the bathroom as fast and efficiently as she could. Although she didn’t want to take a long time in the bathroom, she didn’t want to leave smelling bad. She walked over to her suitcase to get a change of clothes and she saw that her bags were all closed and moved over into a neat pile in the corner. She looked at it and saw that on top of the luggage there was a post-it note.

“Sorry about touching your stuff.”

Sinb sighed, there was only one person who could’ve done this: Yewon. Sinb wasn’t mad at the fact that the girl had touched her stuff; she was just confused on why she would go so far to organize things that weren’t hers. She looked over at the drawers and saw that there were post-it notes labeling each drawer.Thankfully Sinb had sorted out her underwear... it would've been awkward if Yewon had seen all that. She sighed again and gathered her clothes. She chose out dark skinny jeans and a Nike hoodie with a black T-shirt hidden under it. She quickly changed and put on a slight perfume and put slight make-up, which enhanced what features she already had.

Sinb put on a pair of black shoes and walked out of the dorm. She made sure to lock it before she headed down the elevator. When she arrived downstairs she saw more people than she had expected. She turned and saw a girl that she slightly recognized: Kim Sowon. Next to Sowon was a girl that Sinb did not recognize, a frail looking girl with light brown hair. She had bangs and had a long face with pretty cheekbones. Soon after locking eyes with the girl she introduced herself as Choi Yuna, but preferably Yuju as it was kind of her pen name when she wrote songs.

“You took your sweet time,” Yerin said as if to start a hearty conversation.  

“Hey, I like to think that I got ready pretty fast,” Sinb said matter-of-factly.

The group walked out of the dorm as they talked to each other. Yerin and Eunha were being very clingy as they talked to the others. Sowon held Yuju’s hand in a maternal way as Sowon talked to everyone. Yewon stuck close to Sowon, which added a more mother-like aura around the tall girl. Sinb lead the group as she had too much energy to lag around.

They took a bus to the nearest clump of civilization. Though it was the closest it still took about forty minuets to arrive. During the whole bus ride the group chatted and grew closer. Yerin, Eunha and Sowon were pretty open people so it was easy for them to start conversations and they easily got closer to the others. Yewon was too shy at first but easily opened up when someone else started talking. Sinb was talkative but mostly directed her attention to Yerin and Eunha as she knew them the most and wasn’t completely comfortable with the others. She talked to Sowon as she had met her before but for some reason she couldn’t stay kind while talking with her. The same was with Sowon; she couldn’t keep her composure when talking with Sinb. They got along really well, but they also clashed horns a lot. Yuju was the quietest. She wasn’t a cold person, in fact, she loved to hear the conversation but she rarely joined in.

“Our dorm group is the best,” Yerin said as she sat back.

“Yeah, our chemistry is really good,” Sowon replied.

“Except for some exceptions,” Eunha said as she looked between Sowon and Sinb.

“What are you talking about?” Sowon said in feigning distress. “I love Hwang Eunbi.”

Sinb cringed, “Hey! You’re purposely trying to annoy me aren’t you, old hag.”

“You don’t say ‘Hey!’ to your elder,” Sowon said as she locked eyes with Sinb.

“Hey~yo~,” Sinb said as she changed her tone and smiled.

“Hey~yo~~,” Sowon replied in a higher tone.

“Ah!” Sinb yelled in frustration. “Why am I stuck sitting next to this old lady?”

The two continued to argue about the stupidest of things, which resulted in laughs from the others and a slight scolding by another passenger. The two stopped but the others knew that they would be hearing more bickering later. They finally arrived at their destination. Yerin and Sinb practically ran off the bus except for Sowon, who was easily guiding Yuju off the bus and Eunha and Yewon accompanied them.

“Those girls are very energetic,” Sowon said as she watched them.

“Yeah,” Eunha said as she smiled. “They’re both very energetic.”

“Sinb was so lazy last night so it’s kind of surprising to see her like this,” Yewon said as she watched Sinb. Eunha turned to see a mix of emotion in Yewon’s eyes, sadness and admiration.

“Hey, do you like her or something?” Eunha asked.

Yewon turned to face Eunha; “Well, I want to make her happy,”

Eunha looked at Yewon and opened to say something but was interrupted by Sowon.

“MY YEWON-EE HAS A CRUSH?” Sowon said a little loudly but not loud enough for Yerin and Sinb to hear.

Yewon nodded as she quickly turned away from Eunha, which resulted in Sowon giving the young girl a hug. Sowon looked at Eunha from behind Yewon as if to warn her to not say anything. Sowon let go of Yewon and took Yuju’s hand as she called out to the other two girls to wait. The four caught up with the hyper girls and they headed to a karaoke place. They wanted to go to every place they could find that would satisfy their arts talents until the semester starts. They arrived at the karaoke place and they rented a room for two hours. Yuju and Eunha’s faces both brightened up, as they were the more avid singers. Yuju sang the first song, she chose ‘I’ by Taeyeon. Sowon cheered throughout the whole song as if she were an old lady at a concert. The others were stunned at how good Yuju was, they expected a soft voice with no confidence; as she was quiet the whole ride. Yuju’s voice was mature, loud and very confident.

“Wow, now we know where all your confidence is,” Sinb said as the song ended. “Your singing voice everything up.”

Yuju smiled as she laughed, “Thank you.”

 “Can I get next song?” Eunha said as she smiled excitedly.

“Of course,” Sowon said as she took a sip of her drink.

“Yes! Let your cute, angelic voice ring out!” Yerin said as she dramatically presented the remote to Eunha.

Eunha laughed and slightly pushed Yerin then she punched in some numbers on the remote and then the song ‘Halo’ by Beyoncé came on. Eunha began to sing and just as Yerin said, it was cute and angelic.

Sinb and Yerin took their places behind Eunha and did a small step-snap dance while singing the harmony during the chorus. Sowon being the old lady fan joined in soon after, but by then the song had ended about ten seconds later.

“A little late, auntie.” Sinb teased.

“I was fashionably late.” Sowon retorted.

The two exchanged sarcastic remarks before settling a truce and they all continued to have fun.

Sinb sang a very energetic song: ‘Come back again’ by Infinite. While singing she also danced along, as she knew the dance and lyrics by heart. Her voice also surprised the others because it was higher than the others expected. They expected a more alto voice but instead they were presented with a higher voice. Sowon cheered and chanted Sinb’s name as if Sinb were holding a solo concert.

“With those dancing skills you probably could’ve gotten into any music school you wanted,” Sowon said as she awed at Sinb.

“Well, that would be possible if Sinb had better grades,” Yerin said as she snickered.

“Hey! We don’t talk about my grades!” Sinb said as she put down the remote.

The next song was for both Yewon and Sowon. Yewon was too shy to sing by herself so Sowon said she would sing with the younger girl. They punched in numbers for ‘Achoo’ by Lovelyz but when the song started it turned out to be ‘Bapsae’ by BTS. At first they were confused but then Yewon got a spur of energy and started rapping, which would’ve made Namjoon proud. It made the song more fun as their voices weren’t fit to be rappers but they still were really good.

The time in the room was almost over so Yerin picked up the remote and picked one last song. The song started playing and the group got really excited as the song ‘Show me your BBA SAE’ started playing. Even Yuju got up in excitement.

The group headed downstairs as their time was over. They quickly thanked the owner and then ran out the door to go to another place.

While they were walking around, they found a music store where they had rooms you can rent out so you could play instruments for an hour or so. Yuju’s eyes lit up so they decided to go for an hour. They paid and then walked around while Yuju played on the piano. She pulled out a plain white folder from her bag and opened the folder and flipped the pages, and then she started playing an unfamiliar song. Sowon walked up behind her and watched.

“What song is that?” Sowon asked.

“It’s my original composition,” Yuju said while she played.

“It sounds awesome,” Sowon said as she patted Yuju’s back.

Yuju stopped playing and looked up at Sowon and smiled, “Thank you.”

“What is the piece called?” Yewon said as she walked up from behind Sowon.

“I don’t know,” Yuju said as she looked down at the piano keys.  “I can’t seem to be able to think of any lyrics for this song just yet.”

“Well, I believe that you will be able to think of lyrics soon enough, you are very talented as you made this composition. You will make lyrics if you think.” Sowon said as she patted Yuju’s back.

Yuju looked up and smiled at the older girl. “I want to be able to sing this song with my friends. The six of us one day can when I make the lyrics.”

“That would be awesome,” Yewon added.

At that moment a loud crash startled the three girls.

“Sinb! Why are you playing the drums so loud!” They heard Yerin’s voice ring out. “My ears already hurt from the loud karaoke room.”

“Well, drums are supposed to be loud,” Sinb said matter-of-factly. “Duh.”

The three girls sighed as they looked at each other in agreement and then walked over to where the other girls were.

“Guys, calm down,” Eunha said as Yerin was putting Sinb in a harmless headlock. “We don’t want to cause trouble by causing any misunderstandings.”

Anyone could’ve mistaken the ruckus from earlier for Sinb and Yerin fighting while in reality, it wasn’t actually true. They did heads for a little but quickly got over it with a little harmless rough play.

            “Oh hey, guys,” Sinb said as she was locked in Yerin’s arm. “What piece were you playing earlier? It sounded literally amazing.”

“Really? Thank you. That was my original composition.” Yuju said as her face showcased pride.

“Wow. You’ve got musical talent overall and creativity.” Sinb awed. “That’s awesome!”

“Thank you,” Yuju said as she slightly blushed from the praise.

Yerin turned and saw that Yewon looked a little troubled and she bit on her thumb, as if she were thinking, ‘I can’t let that happen’. Yerin decided not to say anything. Sinb turned and saw that Yewon was biting her thumb.

Again? Sinb thought.

Last night Sinb saw Yewon bite her thumb when she entered the room and now she was biting her thumb again. Was it a habit? Sinb shrugged it off; she didn’t need to worry about another person’s habit. Although, Sinb had to admit that Yewon’s little habit was very unique and she hadn't seen anyone else particularly bite their thumb like Yewon.

Sinb then shook her head as she thought; it’s just a habit. Everyone has one.

“Come on guys, we should get going,” Sowon said as she looked at the time. “We don’t want to get charged for overtime. Let’s go somewhere else.”

Again, they thanked the owner before running out of the store in search for another place.

“Man, I’m hungry,” Yerin said as she looked around to find a place to eat.

“Oh, I brought food!” Eunha said as she took off her bag.

“Eunha, you’re the best,” Yerin said as she kissed her cheek.

Eunha laughed, “You’re just saying that because I brought food.”

“No, not only that,” Yerin said as she smiled. “I could go on and on or make a huge list of why I love you but that would make everyone cringe and die.”

“Ok, ok,” Eunha said as she laughed.

The group settled down on a long bench and ate the food Eunha brought.

“Dang Eunha,” Sinb said as she ate. “Did you make this yourself?”

“Yep,” Eunha said proudly.

“Yerin, you’re set for life!” Sinb said as she nudged Yerin. “Don’t let this one go.”

Yerin laughed, “Oh I’ll be keeping her until I die.”

The group all continued to talk to each other. Sinb and Sowon still occasionally attacking each other verbally but they still considered each other to be friends. Yuju opened up a lot; she talked a lot more and was more open to start conversation. She was still quiet but it was reassuring to hear her voice chime in once in a while. Yuju clung onto Sowon a lot as if she were a lost child. Sowon had that natural mother feel to her to it wasn’t a surprise to see Yuju so dependent on Sowon. Yewon talked a lot with Sowon and Eunha, it seemed like she had a stronger connection between them. It kind of seemed as if she were avoiding the others, probably because she was shy. She tried to talk to Sinb but failed when Sinb turned around and showed Yewon her resting face. Yerin teased Sinb about not getting a lover because of her face. Sinb laughed and hit her back as she joked around.

“What are you talking about?” Sinb said. “My face is a blessing from the gods.”

“Whenever you look at someone it feels like Satan himself is looking at people through your face.” Yerin joked as she laughed.

Sinb hit her in return.

“Hey, you guys want to head back?” Sowon said as she threw away her garbage. “There is a dance studio back at the academy. We could dance to whatever we want.”

“Yeah sure!” Yerin said as she gathered up everyone’s garbage. “That would be really fun.”

They all got up as Yerin threw everything away and started walking towards the bus station. The sun was starting to go down and the sky turned into a beautiful mixture of orange, red and yellow. There was also a slight pink present as the sun went down more. Sinb skipped towards the bus stop, she was excited to go to the dance studio. Yewon followed Sinb to make sure Sinb doesn’t fall or get into any danger while she recklessly skipped. Sowon walked besides Yuju, they talked as they smiled. And whenever Yuju would fall clumsily, Sowon would quickly pull her up to her feet. She then resorted to holding the girl’s hand. Yerin had her arm wrapped around Eunha’s shoulders, as she was too small for Yerin to wrap her arm comfortably around anything below that. Eunha sighed at her small height and accepted it as she held onto the hand that was around her shoulders. They finally all caught up to Sinb and Yewon, who were waiting for them as they sat on the benches by the bus stop.

“Took you guys long enough,” Sinb said as she smiled.

“Sorry, no one can be as energetic as you,” Yerin said as she sat down and looked at Yewon. “I’m sorry that you have to deal with this person.”

“Oh no, she’s a fine roommate,” Yewon said as she shook her head. “I look forward to the rest of the year with her.”

“You’re so lucky that Yewon over there is a little angel.” Yerin teased. “If she wasn’t, she’d probably would've kicked you out by now.”

“Hey, I am a very nice person. Right?” Sinb said as she turned to Yewon.

“Y-yes…?” Yewon said as she leaned away awkwardly while she bit her thumb.

“Your roommate is moving away,” Yerin laughed.

“Come on Yerin,” Eunha said as she put a hand on her girlfriend. “Don’t so much.”

“Yeah, she might run off somewhere,” Sowon said as she approached.

“Oh no, a wild giraffe has arrived,” Sinb said as she dramatically gasped.

“Hey,” Sowon said as she settled down on the bench. “I’m not a giraffe…”

“Oh sorry my bad,” Sinb said as she cleared . “The lamppost has arrived.”

Thus started the two’s argument, the two bickered until the bus came. Yewon asked them to stop and they did stop the argument, but they would still glare at each other. Soon after they entered the bus the two girls forgot their little hassle and just continued to talk to the others without exchanging glares at each other.

“Are we allowed to use the dance studio?” Yuju said as she looked at Sowon.

“Of course!” Sowon said. “We go to this school, we should be able to go.”

“We don’t need a pass or a permission slip?” Yuju replied.

“I’m pretty sure it’s fine,” Sowon said as she patted Yuju’s back.

“Anyways, who cares if we do break some rules?” Yerin added. “That’s another thing off my bucket list.”

“That’s not a very good thing to do,” Yewon said in a quiet voice.

“Of course it’s not, but I want to break at least one school rule before I die.” Yerin explained. “You never know when you’re gonna die so do as many things you want everyday because you don’t know when it’ll be your last.”

“Why did you get so deep and emotional all of the sudden?” Sinb said. “Don’t worry, I doubt anyone of us will die soon. So let’s all enjoy our time together without that stress.”

Sinb heard a loud sigh next to her, a sad sigh. She turned and saw Yewon looking down at her hands.

“Was it something I said?” Sinb said as she looked at Yewon.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t mean to sigh that loudly,” Yewon said. “I guess I was getting a little emotional.”

“Oh,” Sinb said as she looked away. There was really nothing to get emotional over. She just stated the obvious and if anything said something that would lift the slight stress off Yerin’s chest.

Everyone was quiet as the atmosphere was no longer as lively as it was before. During the two youngest girl’s chat Eunha had grabbed Yerin’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. Yerin slightly squeezed back to help Eunha with whatever thoughts she was thinking of. Yuju couldn’t take the heavy atmosphere so she grabbed Sowon’s hand for comfort, the talk about dying left her a little emotional, as she was a very sensitive person. Sowon grabbed Yuju’s hand and took her other hand and put it over the Yuju’s hand to calm her nerves.

“Damn, why is it so emotional?” Sinb said in attempt to bring the bright atmosphere back as she now missed it due to the sad one that has taken over. “I didn’t mean for my line of speech to be so effective. If anything, I was trying to be positive.”

“Sorry, I started the whole sad atmosphere thing.” Yewon said without looking up. “It just made me remember something…”

Sinb was curious about the thing that made Yewon so sad but she decided not to press on as she still felt that Yewon was not yet a friend. Just because Sinb didn’t consider Yewon a friend yet didn’t mean that she disliked her, she just didn’t feel comfortable enough to open up completely to her. So she just brushed off her curiousness and let the comment slide.

“I see…”

The bus finally came to a stop, which indicated that they have arrived at the school.

“Finally!” Yerin said as she walked off the bus, followed by Eunha. The other’s shortly followed, as they hadn’t realized that they arrived.

“LET’S GO!” Sinb yelled as she started to run towards the school, Yerin followed her.

“WAIT!” Sowon yelled, which resulted in the two running girls to stop in their tracks.

“What is it?” Yerin said as she started walking back to Sowon and the others.

“Do you guys even know where to go?” Sowon said as she put a hand on her hip.

“No…” The two girls said in unison.

“Come on, follow me.” Sowon said as she started to walk. “Also no running on campus, it could be dangerous.”

The two hyper girls nodded slowly. Yuju, Eunha and Yewon couldn’t help but giggle as they saw that Yerin and Sinb resembled two puppies after getting scolded for making a mistake. Sowon’s authority and mother-like tone was no joke.

As they walked around the school to find the dance studio, Sowon gave them a little tour of the place, which made Sinb and Yerin even more restless as they wanted to get to the dance room as soon as possible.

“And now we are at the dance studio.” Sowon said as they finally arrived.

The girls looked at the big building that was next to the main building, Sinb looked up, left, and right.

“Wait a second…” She said as she turned to look behind her. “The way we entered was right behind us… And the building is right here…”

“I wanted to give you guys a quick tour of some of the main buildings.” Sowon said as she smiled.

Sinb looked at her then sighed, “At lease we can have an idea of where we are going now.”

Yerin patted her back and sighed as well as she felt the same way Sinb did and felt proud that she hadn’t started an argument.

“Well, let’s go in.” Yewon walked towards the door, opened it and walked in. The others followed and the dance studio was dark.

“Guys, look for the light switch, it’s too dark in here.” Yewon’s voice echoed in the dark room.

The girls put their hands on the wall and looked around, Sinb fell as another door opened and she was leaning against it to look for the light switch. Yerin stayed by Eunha’s side or at least she thought it was Eunha. Sowon tripped over something that was most likely a chair. Yuju again clumsily fell on the smooth floor and then Yerin tripped over her, which resulted in a loud, “Sorry,”

“Found it!” Eunha said as she the lights. Yewon was the only one still standing besides her. Everyone else had fallen in different ways; it looked like a murder scene without the actual murder.

“Oh my,” Yewon said as she looked around.

The girls got up and cleaned everything that they messed up. After doing so, they all looked and admired the dance room. There was a set of stairs, which indicated that the studio had more than one floor. There was a main area where people could sit and there was an office for teachers. Then the area had doors that branched off into different sized dancing rooms. 

“Oh, so that’s where I fell into. I thought I had fallen into a different dimension.” Sinb said as she looked into the room that she had fallen into.

“That’d be a good room to play around in.” Eunha said as she peered into the room.

“It’s really nice and big,” Yerin said as she walked in.

They all walked in and Yerin plugged in her phone to connect to the large Bluetooth speakers.     

“I’ll be the DJ today,” Yerin said as she scrolled through her phone playlist. “Do you guys want me to do a random chorus dance game or not?”

“That would be really fun!” Sowon said giddily.

“Alright!” Yerin then pressed something on her phone and songs started to play. The songs ranged in difficultly from Crayon Pop – Bar Bar Bar and BTS – Dope. To everyone’s surprise Sowon knew a lot of girl groups and was dancing to them pretty well. Yuju knew some of the songs but most of them she knew only bits and parts so she improvised, which resulted in laughs. Yuju was just a naturally funny person, whenever she’d break out of her shell; she becomes a really funny and open person. It was reassuring to see that Yuju had opened up so much to them compared to the morning. Yewon knew her fair share of songs, and she was really good at them, it was quite surprising as her build was not of a dancer but she was very much a dancer. Eunha danced to a lot of y and cute songs, she was both very good at the cute and y concepts. Yerin would cheer for her whenever she’d come out. Sinb and Yerin knew a lot of songs, both girl group and guy group but they had deemed the girl group dance queen to be Sowon. They then sat down as they talked to each other.

“Sowon, you have surprised us.” Yerin said as she laughed, “When did you have time to learn all those dances?”

“Well, I just watch the videos over and over again and then I just pick up the dance after watching it a lot.” Sowon replied.

“Wow…” Yerin said, then she turned her attention to Yewon. “Yewon, no offense, but I didn’t expect you to be such a good dancer.”

“Yeah, I get that a lot.” Yewon said as she leaned back,  “I have an older sister who is a dancer so I decided to follow her and dance as well.”

“That’s awesome,” Eunha said. “It must be nice to have a sibling who can help you with things.”

Yewon nodded, “It is.”

“Yuju.” Sinb said as she turned towards the girl. “You are hilarious!”

Yuju’s face brightened up, “Thank you.”

Sinb patted her back in approval and then laughed at her own action.

“Eunha, I didn’t expect you to dance to y dances.” Sowon said while Sinb was chatting with Yuju and laughing. “I really only expected you to dance to maybe cute dances.”

“Yeah, people say that a lot because I can act very immature, but I enjoy the y concept.” Eunha said as she slightly laughed.

They chatted a little bit more before dancing some more. They played a bunch of dancing games like free styling queen game, y dancing queen game, image wrecker queen game and more. They played until Sowon checked her clock, her eyes widened,

“Guys we got to head back!” She said as she gathered everyone up, “If we don’t hurry then we’ll pass our curfew and get in a lot of trouble.”

“But if we don’t make it back then we can cross of ‘pass curfew’ off our bucket list.” Sinb said devilishly.

“No,” Sowon said as she grimaced. “I don’t want to get in trouble by the chairwoman.”

This was the first time today that they had seen Sowon so miffed at the thought of something, she said ‘chairwoman’ with so much detest that it slightly scared the others. Maybe something happened between her and the chairwoman. Sowon was a third year, which meant that there was enough time before most of them enrolled for Sowon to get in trouble with the chairwoman before. She must’ve not liked the experience with her if that was the case.

“Ok,” Yewon said, as she quickly understood, unfazed by Sowon’s tone change. “Let’s go guys.”

Yewon knew Sowon since they were little, kind of like how Eunha and Yerin were childhood friends. So Yewon might’ve known what happened, so if she also said it was best to go then they shouldn’t push it.

They all practically ran back, Sowon didn’t care about what she said earlier about not running so she also ran alongside everyone else.

Breaking some sort of school rule, check. Yerin thought as she mentally checked off a thing off her bucket list. They finally arrived at their dorm. Sowon checked her watch and saw that they had barely made it with only three minutes until curfew.

“Well, it’s pretty late, Yuju and I should go.” Sowon said as she grabbed Yuju’s hand. “Thank you for today, really, I hope we can continue to get closer.”

Yuju nodded, “Thank you.” She looked up at Sowon and looked at Yewon and smiled. “I finally thought of lyrics of my song.”

Then the two walked towards the elevator and waved until the elevator doors closed.

“Hey, let’s head up together, I mean there really isn’t a reason for us to lag around here so let’s head up and hit the hay.” Yerin suggested.

They all agreed and walked into the elevator. Sinb yawned loudly and then quickly apologized. Then everyone started to yawn in the slow moving elevator.

“Look at what you started!” Yerin gasped dramatically. “Now it’ll never stop!”

“Oh no!” Sinb replied. “How will humanity survive?”

The elevator made a little ‘bing’ sound and the door opened on the second floor.

“Well we have to go.” Yewon said as she held the door open for them to walk out. “Thank you so much for today.”

The two exited the elevator and the doors closed behind them, which left Eunha and Yerin alone in the elevator.

“It was an awesome day today.” Yerin said. “I’m happy that Sowon decided to do this. If she wasn’t in our dorm then I’d probably go through the whole year without meeting our other dorm mates.”

“That’s exaggerating,” Eunha said as she wrapped an arm around Yerin’s waist. “You’re so charismatic you’d probably would’ve gotten along with everyone even without trying.”

“You’re just trying to flatter me.” Yerin said as she looked down to meet Eunha’s eyes.

“Nope. One of the reasons why I fell in love with you was because of your personality.” Eunha said as she smiled.

Eunha closed her eyes as Yerin leaned down and kissed the space between Eunha’s eyebrows. Yerin’s soft lips against Eunha left her with great satisfaction. The elevator doors opened and they walked out and then walked into their dorm room.

 

“Yuju!” Sowon called as she walked out of the bathroom with her hair slightly wet. “You need to take a shower, we were out all day.” 

“Yeah, wait, I’m writing the lyrics.” Yuju said as she twisted the pencil on her fingers.

“Did you come up with a title yet?” Sowon said as she walked up behind Yuju.

“It’s called Glass Bead.”  Yuju said as she put her pen down after writing one paragraph. “It’s a song about a person that is strong and will forever love their partner so they have nothing to worry about. But even though the person is strong they still need their partner to get through anything.”

“Is it a love song?” Sowon asked.

“It can be, but it can also be platonic. It’s up to the person’s interpretation.” Yuju said as she continued to write.

“That sounds wonderful,” Sowon said. “But you need to get ready for bed, it’s pretty late.”

“Ok,” Yuju closed her folder and then tucked it away into the desk with her other musical pieces. She got up and gathered her stuff and walked into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Sowon sat down on her bed and sighed when she heard the shower head turn on,

What am I going to do?

 

Eunha and Yerin lay on their individual beds, the lights were off, as they were getting ready for sleep. Eunha stirred on her bed, she was a little restless.

“Yerin-ah?” She said quietly as a question. “Are you awake?”

“Yes, what’s wrong?” Yerin asked as she her bed.

“Can you sleep with me? I can’t sleep.” Eunha said quietly.

“Of course,” Yerin slowly got up and walked over to Eunha’s bed. Eunha moved over and opened a spot for Yerin. Yerin tucked herself into the open spot that Eunha made for her.

“What’s up?” Yerin said. “Why can’t you sleep?”

Since it was dark Yerin wasn’t able to what expression Eunha was making, but that hopefully shouldn’t matter.

“Well, what you said about the dying and stuff really got me thinking.” Eunha said after a while of silence. “One of us could be robbed of something very important due to an accident or something.”

“Don’t worry,” Yerin said as she wrapped her arm around Eunha. “We just need to hope that nothing like that happens.”

Yerin’s eyes finally adjusted to the dark and she saw that Eunha looked up at her with big, round eyes.

“It’s ok, think positive. I’m sorry I said things like that earlier.” Yerin said as she looked into Eunha’s dark eyes.

“No, I’m sorry for letting it go to my head.” Eunha said as she shook her head. “I’ll try to forget about it so I can live happily without those thoughts.”

“That’s the spirit!” Yerin said as she smiled.

Yerin brushed the hair from Eunha’s forehead and then kissed her on her forehead. Eunha held on to Yerin’s hand as she placed her forehead against Yerin’s. Then they both closed their eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

 

Sinb lay on her already messed up bed, as Yewon cleaned up the room.

“Hey aren’t you going to sleep?” Sinb asked the girl.

“Sorry, am I keeping you awake?” Yewon said as she paused her work.

“No. You just clean so much so I was thinking that maybe you should take a break.” Sinb said as she sat up.

“Thank you, but I’m fine, I like cleaning.” Yewon said as she continued. When she finally finished she gave a puff of satisfaction, which made Sinb sigh and smile slightly. Seeing Sinb smile made Yewon a little happy, which made her slightly confused by her own feelings.

“I guess there really are people out there who like to clean.” Sinb said as she looked up and looked at Yewon.

“Yeah, it makes me feel clean,” Yewon replied as she walked over to her bed. “It’s late. It would be best if we slept.”

Sinb made a small noise of agreement and she turned off the lights. She covered herself with the bed covers. Although she was all tucked and ready for bed, she couldn’t fall asleep. If felt like she had to say something to Yewon before she slept. She sighed and slightly hated herself to be caring about something so trivial. She sighed then turned towards Yewon,

“Hey,” She started. “Thank you for organizing my stuff, I didn’t expect you to do anything as we just met.”

“Oh, no I’m sorry for touching your stuff without permission.” Yewon said as she yawned slightly.

“No, don’t be sorry.” Sinb said. “I just wanted to thank you.”

There was a pause,

“You’re welcome.”

Sinb closed her eyes, though she still felt a little awkward about the fact that Yewon was so open, she still felt gratitude for what she did. She might learn to accept it soon enough, she might start to accept Yewon as a friend, but right now she only felt gratitude for her.

Let’s see how the year goes.

Sinb closed her eyes with that last thought in her mind. Before she fell asleep she heard one little thing.

“I’m sorry.”

At her state of mind, she couldn’t tell whether it was her own thoughts apologizing to Yewon for how coldly she had been treating her or maybe it was just a figment of her imagination. Or maybe it was something completely different.

 


hey, guys! I'm back with a super long boring chapter!
sorry, this chapter is pretty boring because like developing relationships are pretty boring...

I even got so bored writing this chapter so like if it seems rushed I'm sorry ><

but I hope you enjoy! don't forget to subscribe if you really enjoy this story so far.