~10~

By Your Side

“I better take Yerin up,” Eunha said as she draped Yerin’s arm around her shoulder, “I don’t want Yerin to get any worse and throw up everywhere,”

Eunha passed out her presents to everyone, “Merry Christmas everyone. Yerin will probably give out presents tomorrow morning as she’s too drunk to even remember where she is.”

They all said their goodbyes’ and goodnights’ before Eunha walked towards the elevator. Eunha opened the door to their dorm and the gently put Yerin on her bed. Eunha sighed as she looked at Yerin’s drunken face. She turned to walk into the bathroom but Yerin grabbed her arm.

“Why are you leaving me?” Yerin said.

“I’m just going to change,” Eunha said, “I’ll be back,”

“No, stay here,” Yerin said as she yanked Eunha’s arm and wrapped her in a tight embrace.

“Yerin, I’m tired, let’s get ready for bed together if that makes you feel any better,” Eunha said as she struggled to free herself.

“No, let’s stay here,” Yerin said as she kissed Eunha’s head.

As much as Eunha wanted to fall asleep in Yerin’s arms, she equally didn’t want to fall asleep with the taste of alcohol on their tongues…

“Don’t you want to go to bed early? Christmas is tomorrow!” Eunha said.

“Nope, if anything, I want to stay up all night with you, but Sinb would probably get annoyed with all the noise we’d make,” Yerin said.

Eunha’s face turned red from that comment, “Stop joking like that! Jeez, you’ve been bringing that up for a while and it’s embarrassing!”

“So we can’t do it?” Yerin said as she looked at Eunha with puppy eyes.

Eunha closed her eyes, “No, I need to mentally prepare myself first.”

“Then can we at least stay like this a little while longer?” Yerin said.

“Fine,” Eunha couldn’t say no to Yerin anymore… her girlfriend was just so cute.

“Eunha do you like being a dom or a sub?” Yerin asked.

“My god Yerin! Do you always get so preverted when you’re drunk!” Eunha said.

“Drunk, what are you talking about, it’s a real question!” Yerin said.

Eunha sighed, Yerin was a handful sometimes… guess the cuddling didn’t always help decrease that thought.

“You already know… we’ve done it before,” Eunha said.

“Well yeah, but I don’t know for sure if you enjoy me doing you,” Yerin said. “Like I don’t know if you’re secretly a dom or not,”

“Yerin, how are you so serious when asking questions like this,” Eunha laughed, as she kissed Yerin’s chin.

“Eunha, this is a serious question,” Yerin said as she looked at Eunha. “Also do you like oral or in-”

“Enough questions now,” Eunha said as she covered Yerin’s mouth. “We’ll find out the answers to those questions next time.”

“So you will do it with me!”

“Oh wow, I love cuddling,” Eunha said as she hugged Yerin tighter.

“So mean…” Yerin said.

“Yerin we should get ready for bed,” Eunha said as she sat up after escaping Yerin’s embrace.

“You know, I don’t know what I would’ve done without you,” Yerin said in a drunken tone. “I must be the luckiest human being ever. At first, I was kinda scared that maybe being gay was a terrible thing and that I would never find love, but BOOM! You came into my life, it was love at first sight.”

“It’s kind of impressive that you are able to recall anything, considering how drunk you are,” Eunha laughed.

“Babe, I’ll always remember,” Yerin said. “I may be drunk, but that doesn’t mean that I’m brain dead.”

“Mmhmm,”

“Man, you were so flustered when I confessed to you. You were adorable… what happened to you now?”

Eunha shoved Yerin. “Hey, what do you mean?”

“You were so innocent, cute and sweet.” Yerin pouted. “Are you cheating on me?”

“I think your brain really is dead…” Eunha said as she got up. “I’m going to change, and get ready.”

Eunha walked into her bathroom while Yerin continued to pout. Eunha came out after a while with her hair wet and her body wrapped in a towel. She forgot to grab her sleepwear, which was quite annoying.

“Babe, you getting ready for me?” Yerin cooed.

“No I'm getting ready for bed,” Eunha said.

"Who's bed?" Yerin gasped. "So you are cheating on me."

"Not in a million years," Eunha laughed.

She slipped off her towel and began to change.

“Hun bun, you say you aren't getting ready for me, but then why are you changing right in front of me?” Yerin said.

“Should I not feel comfortable in front of my lover?” Eunha said as she slipped on her underwear.

“I guess that’s true, but…” Yerin grabbed Eunha’s hand and pulled her on the bed. “

Eunha looked up at Yerin, who was pinning her wrists. “Yerin-ah, can I put on my shirt?”

“You won’t be needing it anyway,” Yerin said as she kissed Eunha’s forehead.

“ert…” Eunha muttered as she took Yerin’s mouth onto her own.

“You make me like this,” Yerin said as she trailed kisses down Eunha’s collarbone.

“No, I think it’s just the alcohol,” Eunha said as she leads Yerin’s mouth back to hers. Eunha loved the taste of Yerin’s lip, besides the slight taste of wine. Eunha wrapped her arms around Yerin, and Yerin’s confidence was boosted, as she deepened their kiss. They finally parted when Eunha pulled away, as she needed to breathe. Yerin looked at Eunha’s flushed face. She leaned into Eunha’s ear and earlobe, where she earned a small moan escape Eunha’s lips.

“I won’t let you sleep tonight,” She breathed into Eunha’s ear.

A slight shiver went down Eunha’s spine. “Bring it on,”

 

Yerin woke up the next day with a pounding head. It was quite chilly as she was . She tucked back into bed where she started to spoon Eunha.

“Hey, are you awake?” Yerin said.

Yerin received a small groan. Yerin smiled and squeezed Eunha tighter. Eunha seemed to have fully awakened by now and wiggled to face Yerin.

“Good morning,” Eunha yawned.

“Good morning,” Yerin repeated. “How was it?”

“Shut up,” Eunha replied in her usual manner. "I'm surprised that you remember anything despite being skunk drunk."

“Come on,” Yerin hugged Eunha tighter. “Can’t you be nice to me for once?”

Eunha couldn’t keep a straight face, and she kissed Yerin’s nose. “Fine, you did good,”

“I did beyond good,” Yerin said.

“Don’t push it,” Eunha replied.

“Come on, even you were enjoying it way too much, you were like-“

Eunha covered Yerin’s mouth. “Ok, it was better than good.”

Yerin kissed Eunha’s hand.

“Come on, it’s Christmas, we need to get up and meet with the others, and exchange presents,” Eunha said as she removed her hand. She placed her feet on the floor and right as she stood up, her legs gave out and she ended up the same place she was in. Eunha hadn’t realized until she sat up… but that area was sore and slightly hurt. Eunha’s face immediately turned red.

“What’s wrong babe?” Yerin said as she tried to help Eunha up, but failed and resulted in holding up Eunha.

“It…” Eunha muttered.

“It?” Yerin repeated.

“It hurts…”

“Hurts? Are you hurt?”

“It hurts down there,” Eunha said in an embarrassed tone.

Yerin’s mind took a while to register what Eunha had just said, but when she did, Yerin laughed out loud.

“Don’t laugh!” Eunha said. Her face was a bright red. “You were too rough!”

Yerin couldn’t stop laughing. “Babe, I’m sorry! But you’re just too cute!”

Yerin picked Eunha up in bridal style, “I’ll help you get ready,”

“Idiot, what’s going to happen when we go down to meet everyone else?” Eunha said as she covered her face.

“It’s ok, they’ll understand,”

“That’s the embarrassing part!” Eunha exclaimed. “That’s it. No alcohol for you,”

“Babe, no, I’m sorry,” Yerin laughed.

“No that’s your punishment!” Eunha replied.

“Awe ok, at least your not restricting … which means you want to do it again,” Yerin teased.

“No for a while either,” Eunha retorted.

“Babe nooooooo,” Yerin feigned dismay. “You know when the time comes, you won’t be able to resist it,”

“Shut up,” Eunha said.

“Ok, but first let’s get ready,”

 

They put on their matching ugly sweaters, and Eunha was finally able to stand on her feet on her own (though it still was quite a struggle).

“Wait, Eunha,” Yerin said as she took something out of her pocket. “Merry Christmas,”

Yerin put a locket around Eunha’s neck.

“Awe, Ye, this is adorable. Thank you,” Eunha said as she looked at the locket. “But it’s locked,”

Yerin took out the key from her pocket, “I’ll open it when the time is right,”

“That’s so cheesy,” Eunha laughed. “Well, I guess I should give you your present then,”

Eunha took a box out her pocket and handed it to Yerin.

“Wow, you have it wrapped,” Yerin said.

“Yeah, unlike you,” Eunha teased.

Yerin laughed and opened the box. She took out a small delicate ring. It was silver and had a half heart made of diamonds in it.

“Let me guess,” Yerin said as she slipped it on. “You have the other side?”

“Of course,” Eunha said as she showed her new ring. “Or do you think I’m still cheating on you,”

“Give me a break,” Yerin laughed as she kissed Eunha, “I was drunk,”

Eunha kissed Yerin back, “I know. But don’t worry, who’d want to cheat when they have a girlfriend as amazing as you?”

“True,” Yerin said as she hugged Eunha.

Eunha laughed and she hugged Yerin back.

“I expect you to carry me down the hall,” Eunha added as they finished getting ready.

“Of course, princess,” Yerin bowed dramatically and then picked Eunha up in princess style. “Anything else your highness?”

“Nope,” Eunha said as she rested her head on Yerin’s chest.

“Princess, have you been eating more?” Yerin joked, “I believe that my grasp is slowly slipping.”

“Hey,” Eunha retorted. “I’ll hit you,”

“I’d like that,”

“Ew, don’t joke like that!” Eunha said as she hit Yerin. “You're so creepy,”

“I know,” Yerin kissed the hand that hit her. Then she walked out of the dorm, her presents, which she had failed to pass out last night, stacked on top of Eunha.

 

“Took you long enough!” Sinb said.

“It seems like every time we come down, you always say that,” Yerin said as she placed Eunha down on a seat.

“Hun, I’ll remind you, that I’m very impatient,” Sinb crossed her arms, “Plus it’s Christmas.”

“Eunha you ok?” Sowon said as she walked over to Eunha while Yerin and Sinb continued to attack each other verbally. “Is your leg hurt?”

“Oh,” Eunha said, trying her best to keep cool, “I was just too lazy, so I asked Yerin to carry me down.”

“Mmhm,” Sinb butted in. “We could hear you two from next door.”

“We had a very informational chat on how the human knee is very frail,” Yerin stated.

“Human knee,” Sinb rolled her eyes.

Sowon had covered Yuju’s ears at this point as if she was preparing for something R rated to come up. “This time I am prepared to protect you from these heathen’s words.”

“Sowon, I’ve been through ed,” Yuju stated.

A collective gasped silenced the room.

“We didn’t even bring the ‘s’ word up!” Sowon was shocked.

“How did the innocent Yuju think of such a thought?” Yerin added.

“Don’t act all innocent,” Sinb nudged Yerin.

“Come on Sowon, by the way, everyone was talking, anyone could conclude what happened,” Umji said to end the conversation, as it was starting to drag on.

“Should we open presents?” Yuju asked. She was clearly excited, as the spark in her eyes was apparent as ever.

“Of course!” Sowon said as she placed a Santa hat on her head. “I’ll pass out the presents!”

Sowon merrily passed out the presents from the small pile that was under the small decoration tree. Soon, everyone was opening her own presents.

Sowon got clothes and a book titled, “How to raise your child” (gifted by Sinb of course).

Yuju got multiple music items, all ranging from music books to staff paper, to headphones.

Yerin got makeup and facial toiletries. She was complaining about how she needed to get more but didn’t have time, so she was very thankful that she got these presents.

Eunha got slippers and comfortable clothes for home.

Sinb and Umji both got athletic wear and were very happy with it, as they both loved to be active.

“I forgot my phone in my room!” Sinb said.

“Why does that matter?” Yerin asked, “We’re not going out anytime soon.”

“Well, I want to take an aesthetic picture of my presents and post it on SNS,” Sinb replied as she got up. She ran to her room.

Silence.

“It got so quiet when she left,” Umji finally said to break the silence.

“She’s so rowdy,” Sowon added.

“She is very energetic,” Yuju said.

“What should we do today?” Yerin said as they waited for Sinb, “Should we go somewhere?”

“Everywhere is probably really busy or closed…” Eunha said.

“Should we just stay here and watch dramas?” Umji suggested.

“That would be nice!” Yerin exclaimed, “I’m all up for that.”

“We need to watch that one drama!” Eunha jumped excitedly, “I haven’t watched it yet, but I heard that it was really good! I think it was about a girl that had dreams that predicted the future?”

“Oh!” Sowon says as she puts a finger to her head, “While you were sleeping?”

“Yes!” Eunha replied. “It sounds reallllllyyy good!!”

“I’ve been wanting to watch that!” Umji says. “My two favorites are acting in it!”

“What’s a drama?” Yuju said.

They all turned to her.

“You don’t know what dramas are?” Yerin said.

“I’ve heard the term… but I don’t exactly know what it is,” Yuju said in a measly tone. “Are they like musicals? Operas?”

“In a sense, they are,” Eunha said after thinking about it.

“Do we have tickets? Kind of lucky that there is one scheduled today!” Yuju said.

“Yuju,” Umji said. “It’s like a TV show, but… dramatic and romantic.”

Yuju paused. “Oh, why didn’t you say so?”

“So you’ve never watched a drama before?” Yerin said.

“I haven’t,” Yuju replied. “My… parents were really strict about everything.”

“Well, that’s ok! This can be your first drama experience!” Sowon said as she put her arms around Yuju.

Sinb came down running with her phone. “Sorry I took long! I misplaced it!”

“Hey Sinb, we’re thinking about staying here and watching dramas. You down?” Yerin said.

“Sure, what drama?” Sinb asked.

While you were sleeping,” Umji answered.

“Yessssssssss,” Sinb did a fist bump. “I’ve been meaning to watch that since it came out!”

“Come on! Let’s go to my room!” Sowon said, “I can hook up my computer to the TV screen,”

“Mama So coming in clutch!” Yerin said.

They went up to Sowon and Yuju’s room and situated themselves on the two beds that were pushed together.

“Aw,” Eunha said, “It’s so cute that you two pushed the beds together so you could be closer to each other.”

Sowon laughed, “Oh, it’s not what you think. Yuju just can’t sleep alone, so she asked if she could move closer.”

“Why not let her sleep in the same bed?” Umji asked.

“Oh, we tried…” Yuju started.

“Yuju moves a lot in her sleep,” Sowon said, “I had bruises the first and only time we slept together.”

“Sorry,” Yuju said, as she was still guilty about that.

“Don’t worry Yuju,” Sowon said, “Once you break that squirming, I’ll let you come into my bed again! It’s warmer that way as well.”

Yuju perked up like an excited dog. It was as if you could see her imaginary dog tail wag like crazy.

“That’s so sweet,” Eunha said.

“Hey, I think Yerin’s getting a little jealous,” Sinb laughed.

“Yerin, please,” Eunha laughed, “We sleep together every night because of you,”

“Yeah… but you never say how adorable and sweet I am…” Yerin pouted.

“Come on Yerin, her saying that she sleeps with you every night because of you should be flattering enough,” Sinb said.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Eunha’s face turned red, “I meant that she’s very needy!”

Sinb laughed in response and leaned on Umji for support. Umji just watched Sinb laugh as her heart fluttered a bit.

“Sinb, stop making fun of the two,” Sowon said. “They’ve had enough of you’re mischief and I want to start the drama!”

“Fine…” Sinb replied.

They began to watch the drama. It started off amazing.

“Ah! He’s so handsome!” Eunha squealed.

“Ah! She’s so pretty!” Yerin said in an attempt of revenge… it worked.

“Yah,” Eunha looked at Yerin, “What’s so good about her?”

“What’s so good about him?” Yerin retorted.

“Stop your bickering! Save it for later!” Sowon said as she was into the drama.

Umji watched as the two silently fought with their eyes and gestures and watched as Yuju and Sowon cuddled up in a friendly manner. Umji looked down at Sinb, whom she linked arms with, and placed her head on top of Sinb’s head (which was resting on Umji’s shoulder). Although she was happy with the thought of cuddling with her “girlfriend” she couldn’t help but feel as if her heart were being torn out, as she knew… this was all an act. Like that she did to other, Sinb was only acting and toying with Umji’s heart. Sinb smelled so sweet.

Umji was jealous of Eunha and Yerin’s wonderful love. She was jealous of Sowon and Yuju’s close relationship. Umji couldn’t concentrate on the drama as she was becoming for spiteful of the happy relationships that were being thrown in front of her. Umji took a deep breath and placed her mask back on her face, and she smiled as she embraced this new act. This new set stage that was thrown in her face. A tragic drama.


Sorry for taking so long to update! I didn't have inspiration but wanted to add some fillers to satisy Eunrin (and some Soju) shippers. 

Again, let me reiterate--Umb is essential for this story to pick up. Without them, the other ships can't develop. So that's why I'm developing their character and relationship right now. After I'm done with them, I swear you'll get the other ships. 

Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait... but idk, not my best? Kinda just fillers for now and I hate fillers haha!

also... I'm changing the title names to just numbers... because I can't think of any chapter titles... I'm sorry lol!

Well, happy late holidays and new year!

Until next time!