~1~

By Your Side

Yerin sat idly in her room; it has been more than a month into summer and she still hasn’t gotten any college acceptance letters. It has been a year since her high school graduation. Yerin applied to many different schools so she thought she would at least get into one... alas nothing. She sighed; she thought she was smarter than this. If all ten schools haven’t sent a letter of acceptance then that was never a good sign. Yerin had been taking classes at her local public college because if she didn't do anything, Yerin would drive herself into her breaking point. Yerin ruffled her hair in rage, was she really that stupid? Then she turned her head as she heard her door creak open.

“Yerin, I’ve been calling you for the last five minutes. Didn’t you hear me?” Her mom said as she entered the room.

“Oh, sorry. I was stressing out about college.” Yerin said.

Her mother gave her a concerned look, “Ok, well I have something that will make you stop stressing.” She turned and motioned Yerin to follow her. Yerin jumped off of her bed so quickly that she started to see stars. She ignored the fact that she felt like she was going to faint and ran after her mother.

 

“Here you go Yerin,” Her mother handed her a letter. The wax indicated that her mother opened it before her. Yerin looked at the letter in doubt,

“This symbol doesn’t look like one of the schools’ I tested for,”

Her mother shrugged with a hint of a smile, “Just open it.”

Yerin slowly opened the letter and read the contents of it.

“Arts and Aria University?” Yerin said as she looked at her mother, “I’ve never heard of this school.”

“This is a private university, it only excepts the best of musicians and such,” Her mother said with pride. “I’m so happy that they chose you.”

Seeing the happy look on her mother’s delicate face made her excited and less eager to let her down, “Ok, I’ll go here,” She answered. She really didn't have a choice anyways. It was either that or another year of taking general requirement classes that might not even transfer over. Although she agreed, she was very disappointed because she had been texting her best friend, Hwang Eunbi, about trying to get in the University of Seoul. Eunbi would be applying for her second year, and Yerin would pray that her credits would allow her to technically start her second year. They had both tested for the school, and knowing Eunbi, she made it in. School starts in a couple weeks and her new school was relatively far so she walked up to her room to get ready to pack. She rolled out a couple of new luggage rollers and opened them up. Her phone then ringed; someone was calling. She walked over to her bed and picked up her phone and saw that the caller was Jung Eunbi, her girlfriend. Smiling, Yerin answered the call,

“What’s up?” Yerin said jovially.

“Hey!” Eunbi’s voice rang out throughout Yerin’s ear. “Do you know what school you’re going to yet?”

“Yeah, I finally got a note,” Yerin started. “Even though it wasn’t a school I tested for I’m still really excited.”

“Oh really? What school?” Eunbi asked.

“This one school called Arts and Aria University. I got invited in.” Yerin answered as she packed her bags.

“Oh my god! I'm actually transferring over there this year from Seoul University!!!” Eunbi’s voice squealed. “I feel so-, oh no! Sorry, Yerin! I gotta go! I need to get ready to go to my aunt’s house! Oh god um- Coming! Sorry! I’m gonna hang up! Bye! See you at school!” Then the call ended.

Yerin was relatively confused, all she heard was ‘I fee-‘ then something started ringing, maybe there was an interference with the call and it started to ring? Yerin shook her head, “Might be time to get a new phone,” she muttered and she started packing once more. Now she actually had something to be excited for, her childhood friend and girlfriend, Jung Eunbi, was also going.

When they were younger Yerin would just sit and listen to her voice. Yerin still loved to listen to her sing; she even loves to hear her talk overall. Yerin smiled at the thought of going to the same school as Eunbi. Eunbi moved in their last year of middle school, which resulted in Yerin being deprived of her presence for the last three years. Of course, Hwang Eunbi became one of her best friends during high school so she wasn't completely alone.

Hwang Eunbi enjoyed being called by her nickname, Sinb, as she said it sounded a lot cooler and more like a dancer’s stage name. Yerin laughed when she first heard this and replied that the name doesn’t make her sound more or less than the dancer she already was. Sinb was more on the less than average side on grades, but her personality and dancing skills made up for it. Sinb said she wanted to try to get into a dancing academy so she can continue to get better and better. Yerin finally packed her last bag, she was happy to be with Eunbi, but she was kind of disappointed that Eunbi wouldn’t be able to meet a person like Sinb. Yerin smiled at the image in her mind, they would probably get along.

Yerin kept one bag open and left some clothes out for the remaining weeks until the semester started. She should be able to go to the school campus early, right? So she could register for classes? Get into her dorm? Yerin sighed in frustration,

“College is such a pain! What am I even supposed to do?”

Then Yerin heard a faint little noise, she looked at her phone and saw that Sinb had sent her a text message. She looked at the text, Yerin was so relieved that Sinb texted her, it got her mind off college

 

Sinb:

“DUDE! I GOT INTO A MUSIC SCHOOL!”

Yerin:

“Really? What school?”

 

“I got an invitation letter to some school called the AAU!”

“I’ve never heard of this school but like,

HEY! THE LETTER LOOKED PRO!”

 

“NO WAY DUDE!”

“GUESS WHO ELSE IS GOING TO THE AAU!”

o(≧∇≦o)

“ME!!!!!”

 

“NO”

“EFFING”

“WAY!”

 

“I KNOW RIGHT!

 

“THAT MAKES THIS ALL THE BETTER!”

 

“I KNOW! I LITERALLY WAS THINKING

ABOUT YOU WHEN I WAS PACKING!”

 

“‧⁺◟( ᵒ̴̶̷̥́ ·̫ ᵒ̴̶̷̣̥̀ )AWE!

THAT'S SO SWEET!”

 

“Haha! But dang! I would never have

thought that we were going to the same school!”

 

 

“IKR! I thought that I was going to be living on the streets cuz I’m so stupid!”

 

“Yeah, you’re pretty stupid.”

 

“I was hoping for some words of encouragement…”

“Why do you enjoy putting me down…”

 

“It’s cuz I LOVE YOU!”

“(●♡∀♡)”

“Screw you.”

 

“T^T”

 

“Anyways, I’m going to head to the AAU around the first

of August. Wanna come with me?”

 

“That would be awesome!”

“I was stressing about when I’d go!”

 

“Well…”

“Stress no more because the amazing Hwang Sinb

is here!”

 

“Sure, sure, haha.”

“Man! Look at the time! Dang! I gotta go!”

 

“You’re just gonna leave the amazing Sinb all

alone?”

 

“Yep! NIGHT!”

“SEE YOU AT SCHOOL!”

 

“Fine haha! C U then!”

 

 

Yerin dropped her phone onto the bed. She smiled to herself, now she was really excited! The two most important people apart from her family are going! She closed her eyes as she plopped down on her bed. As she plopped down on her bed she could hear a faint noise.

Crying?

Yerin’s body was too exhausted to go up and check. A couple seconds after identifying the noise it stopped and was replaced with a slight ringing in her ears. Her head hurt as she started to feel a little dizzy. Yerin yawned loudly as she was fatigued. She closed her eyes and embraced the empty world of sleep. 

 


So I'm really excited for this fanfic! Like I've literally been thinking about this one for months! 

Yes the first chapter sounds insanely boring and you probably don't want to read anymore but i swear to you, if you keep reading you won't regret it! 

Although the ships i put up in the tags are going to be the main ships that i focus on that doesn't mean that i won't make the others have cold relationships! 

please subscribe if you are curious about what i have in store! and leave a comment if you enjoyed!