Debt 4: Indebted

Indebted to Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fun fact: Xiumin wasn't my first choice in the story. I had this story in my head for a while and made chapter one before news broke out about one my characters. I was shocked because I just happen to look on my phone and saw the news so I had to wait a while for me to post the story. I picked him because I really liked him and everthing he was in. Plus when Tao was in Exo, he was compared to how he kind of look like him... But the news broke out and it was true so I had to stall on my story to find another character. 

Here is a look at the original poster with the original cast: 

 

 

 

I really like this poster and I feel bad the artist that created it for me, but I didn't think it was right to use it after all the crap that came out on the news.

 

~~

I'm sitting at the table with probably the most dangerous man I ever encountered since that guy chased me down last night. Right now he is sitting at the end of the table, laughing at whatever he is watching on his phone, like he didn't just kill someone. Yes, I understand he did it because I was facing a deranged lunatic that was going to me kill me. But something about this guy, Tao, is telling my instincts to watch him very closely. I might've picked the wrong town to stop in.

"How's the food? I'm sure it's nothing like the old man makes, but I ask my cooks to do their very best to please you", says Tao smiling cutely, like he can sense my uneasiness about him.

"No, it's quite the opposite. It delicious", I honestly reply. Fancy, but good nonetheless.

"Good. Lucky for you today the shops open a little later than usual for business. So you can take your time before your work starts, especially given the state you were in last night. I'm pretty sure Mr.Dennis wants his 'Cinderella' in top condition."

"Cinderella?", I say in a hush tone. "How do you..."

"He told me when I dropped by the stall. I was kind of hoping to run into you. Well, you know the rest."

"You came to the festival just to see me?", I question in disbelief. I'm sure someone like him had other ventures since he used the words his port. Just what kind of person is he really to this town?

"I do own a good deal of stock in this town even though it has grown a little more in the last five years. My job, if you are wondering, is to make sure my stock is in good a place. That everyone is doing well and that no one who hands I haven't personal seen, doesn't mess with anything I place value into. Like that poor fool last night."

His eyes, even from where I am sitting, changed in an instant when bringing up the man I have no idea about. "Is that what you do when someone messes with what is yours?", I boldly ask. I know he is not to be trifled with, but his ownership is nothing that I need or want.

"Did I say you were mines?", he playfully ask while eyeing me like I was a shiny new toy. "I hope I didn't come across that way. I can sometimes have a way words that a lot people tend to read into too much or... Did not completely get the message."

"Uh no, I was just curious as to what you meant", I counter. Just what is this guy? It's a little hard to get a read on him.

We continued to eat our breakfast in silence after the intense and weird conversation. A few times I glanced up at him, but to no avail could I read is expression. Tao was too into his own world and to be honest, I rather him stay there, even for a little. The cook that brought out our meal graciously, came back to remove everything on the table. I complimented him in how good it taste,which he only nodded and smile. I saw Tao looking at the two of us or should I say observing the conversation.

"I should take you back to your room. I'm pretty sure you want to clean yourself up before your shift starts. There already clothes in your room since it's not like we could stop by your place. Not sure if you can fit them properly", said Tao as he raised himself from his chair.

"No, thank you. Giving everything that unfortunately happened, you have done more than enough", I respond truthfully.

"Your welcome. Follow me. You could easily get lost here by yourself."

I walked behind him since I thought I would be uncomfortable. I could imagine him stealing glances at me while I tried my best to avoid eye contact. A few people walking in the opposite greeted Tao with a slight nod of the head or said morning. Anyone that has common sense could feel he had quite the impression on the people that work for him in his mansion.

I wanted to look around more, but I knew it would start a conversation. I just want to take a shower, get dress and pretend this never happened. Though I'll doubt it be this simple.

"Here we are", Tao gestured with an extended arm to the room I woke up in. "There is a phone in the bathroom that you can use if you need anything. I'll return to pick you up once I'm ready. Thank you for spending time with me at breakfast", he boyishly smile, which caught me off guard. Now that I'm looking at him, he does seem a bit unreal.

Before I could really study his features, he leaves and walk back to the same direction we came from. I close the door almost immediately, afraid Panda Eyes might come back. Given my new nature, I lock the door and head straight for the bathroom area. I need to get out of here as soon as possible.

 

~~

As I'm making my way back to my side of the mansion, I can hear hurried footsteps making their way towards me. "Sounds like two", I say to myself then turn around to see to of my men Ray and Eiri approaching me.

"You have returned and with the goods I see", I say as Ray handed me a tan folder in my care. "Is everything here? It feels a little light", I say while weighing the folder in my hand.

"This is what we were given. I asked the Information Broker and he said this what you, Tao, asked for", Eiri explains.

"Did the two of you-"

"No. You clearly said that once you have everything, you will tell us as much as could. Whatever... it is", Ray spoke, gesturing to the folder.

"Thanks. Get the car ready in like fifteen minutes." I wave off my two men and continue to my bedroom. Once inside, I pull the chair from up under the computer desk an sit down. Contemplating if I should read it now or later, I caress the folder that may or may not hold what information I'm looking for.

"Why is even more exciting now that it is right in front of my face? I could just open it and read all the contents inside... Or can I just wait. At least until I take Cinderella back to work. I do not know what to do."

 

~~

*knock knock* "It's Tao", I hear Panda Eyes on the other side of the object that for the most part is keeping me safe. "Almost ready!"

For a little while, the only thing the that was able to relax my mind and some of my muscles was the incredible stained glass shower. I never experience something as lavish as that even before I left my old life behind. The clothes that was given to me, although plain for the most part, felt pretty soft. I'm only wearing a black shirt and washed out jeans, but I still feel out of place. How the hell does jeans feel soft?!

I inhale as much air as my lungs could hold then exhale slowly, as soft as I can. I'm not sure why this thought crossed, but it feels like Tao could hear my breathing behind the door. With haste, I walk forward, holding the knob as confidently as possible then twist it to open.

Lo and behold, a dashing young man standing across from me arms folded and eyes shut. "How was everything?", he ask gently. "Do the clothes fit?", Tao ask another question, but this time leaning off the wall and opening his eyes the same time.

Y-Yes. For the most part", I respond back, hearing my very own breathing start to get a bit uncontrolled. I saw him at the diner and thought he was handsome and seeing him at breakfast I didn't get the chance to observe him well given the...nature. But this Tao looks more like he was dress for a mission. He was dressed to kill.

"Good", Tao replies, looking me over. "I apologize for not being able to give something more fashionable to wear."

"No, this will do. I already stand out", I say as I felt my hair through my finger tips.

"Shall we go?"

Instead of heading to the left where we spent breakfast at, he goes in the opposite direction. The bare walls slowly begin to fill with large rectangle shaped windows, showing me the massive view outside. I see the bay with the sun shimmering upon it, making its way higher into the sky. It was still morning last time I checked while I was getting dressed, but I could tell the afternoon was beginning to make it's appearance.

"Beautiful isn't it?", came in Tao, stopping the silence between us. I prefer if it stays that way, but I know I'm not in the position to make any request. "This is why I asked the Contractors to build my Villa here. It helps the visit, especially since it's more business than pleasure."

"Villa? This?!", I exclaim while keeping my pace behind him. 

I hear him chuckling at my expression, which is making me believe he was worth more than my initial thought. "I guess other Villas wouldn't stand out too much, but you'll be surprise at what money can do with creative minds", says Tao while pointing to his temple. Creative indeed.

"This is all one floor by the way. We are just going to the side entrance. I wanted to give you a chance to look around since I couldn't be your guide earlier", he continued.

Just what is this guy? We have to be around the same age right? What kind of work does he do that allows him to obtain substantial amount of money. To be able to basically own this port town...

Before I can even fathom the amount, what look like a female worker dressed in a light gray suit, low heels and a sleek ponytail, opens the door for Tao. Not me since I'm not as important. The sunlight hits upon my face, lighting up the rest of the outside world before me. Clean cut green grass with no weeds and any flowers, greets us on both sides. The air smells like a mixture of nature and water from the bay. The breeze coming from the water almost feels so soothing, damn near calming.

"Our ride is right in front", Panda Eyes announces, pointing off to our left side. 

The concrete beneath our feet looks like cobble stones, the ones in fairytales that I used to picture as a kid. We went down the path that took us to our destination, slowly putting

Please log in to read the full chapter