Debt 3: Rescue

Indebted to Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

(A few hours before shooting)

"I told you I'm not in the mood", I say to the persistent girl who weaseled her way into my bedroom.

"Why not? Any other day-"

"You said it yourself. Any other day I would be interested, but today I'm not", I say to her the umpteenth time as I'm getting ready to go out for the evening.

"So who is she? Who's the other girl that got you so whipped", she says with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Here you go again with the other girls..."

Why when it comes to guys, if a girl ask if I want and I happen to say no, I'm cheating? Well in this particular relationship the only feelings we have for one another is each other's body. There have been times when I want to just be by myself, but the moment I say that, I'm lying. Yes I've had with enough girls I can count on my hands. I'm not saying that I'm some saint. There have been times I've told a white lie to get out of something with one girl because I was with another, but it's due to the fact I know drama with girls can get out of hand. I seen enough for a lifetime.

"I know your type Tao. You can get any girl you want."

"So if you know that why are you acting like it's a crime if I am with another?", I rebutted.

"I don't care if you're with another girl. What I don't like is you sneaking out to go see another girl when I'm right here, willing to give you exactly what I and you want."

"And do tell, what do I want Mina? You seem to know me so well?", I ask while looking at myself over in the mirror once more before leaving.

"You want...", Mina softly says then turns my head to look at her directly. "...Me." She wraps her arms around my neck and places her lips onto mines. I could instantly taste a bit of alcohol before she guided her tongue to tango with my own. I won't lie and say that Mina isn't one of the baddest girls I've every been with and that she knows how to get me started. There is a reason why I picked her as one of my main girls and mines alone. The only problem with girls like her, they don't know when to stop, especially when their egos are hurt. That turns me off.

"Mina", I say as she tries to deepen the kiss with me, making me irritated at her ual gesture. "I'm...warning...you..." She looks at me with lust and playfulness glistening in her eyes and asks "What? What are you going to do?"

I place my hands on the sides of her face and make sure I look her square in the eyes. "I don't like whiny little girls who easily get their egos broken. You're starting to make me regret my decision for picking you." I could see her eyes tremble as she began taking my words seriously. Mina releases her arms from around my neck and looks at me in defeat.

"Hey Tao! Are you ready?! The festival already started", calls out one of men.

"Yeah. I'll meet you downstairs."

"The car is hot and ready when you are. See you in a few."

"Well you heard the man, it's time for me to go. Now why don't you be a good girl and wait for me to get back", I say then kiss her on her cheek. "There might be a reward if you do as I say."

"Whatever. I may not be here by the time you decide to show up", a hurt Mina says then sat on my bed with her face turned the other way.

Without another word, I walk out my bedroom, leaving the door wide open and join the rest of my men downstairs. It was time for the annual festival held a few miles from where I am currently staying. I came back into town a couple weeks ago to check up on somethings before the preparations for the festival began. I am one of their main investors so I wanted to make sure nothing would come and touch any profit of my business.

On both sides of me, as I'm exiting the door, stands the guys I ate with earlier at the diner. My most trusted men that I pretty much known since we were kids. Young, wild and immature. That's why someone like me is the only one that can tame them. An off-white SUV with black tinted windows pulls up before us, awaiting for us to enter.

 

~~

The festival basically begins the moment we pull up right outside in one of the reserved parking space for me. I am greeted by a few investors who were waiting for me to arrive. I graciously bow my head at a few female investors, none that interest me, and shook hands with the men.

"I'm glad you could make it. Markus told me you stopped by his place a little earlier. You should have told me", speaks one of the top investors like myself to me. Men like him are always the same. Always trying to softening me up with all that butter and sugar.

"It's the number one place to stop to once I want something good to eat. In my very honest opinion, none compare", I honestly say which crosses one of the female investors. It was subtle, but I spot it.

"And with that new girl, I bet they have a few men lined up just to meet her", says Ray, one of my closest men.

"New girl? Ah you mean the one with the blonde hair, Su Ni right?"

"You seem to know her Mr. Lee?", I ask in curiosity.

"My oldest son raved about her when he came back from eating there. He something along the lines "She has the right amount of sassiness". I had to see what he was talking about."

"And what do you think? I only met her this morning so I don't know too much about her."

"Intriguing. A very skilled worker as well. She knows how to work a crowd. I can see why my son took interest in her."

Even Mr. Lee is impress by her. That could be a good and a bad thing now that someone finally caught his player of a son attention.

"Well that's enough of that. How about we take part in festive activities these good people and our money worked hard on", interrupts the same lady who didn't seem to care about me boasting about her competitor.

"She must also have a problem when guys giving anybody but her a compliment, huh?", whispers Eiri, another one of my closest men.

"So you sensed it to?"

"I think we all did", Ray snorts.

The eleven of us make our way out of the parking lot and across the street to the festival that's getting more lively. Parents with their kids happily enter along with couples young and old. I make a mental note of everyone I never seen before and only lived here for a short period of time. This is one of the ports I have a large amount of control in and I pride myself in making sure I have even the fine little details in my memory.

"So why? Why wasn't I told about her?", I say more to myself aloud.

 

~~

The festival is as lively as ever with the sun setting right in front of us. I'm pretty sure a few of my men wondered off, following the tails of fresh meat who have no idea who or what they really are like when innocent people aren't around. One of the stalls owner keep showing me a picture of their granddaughter, who is supposedly coming to visit him next week. I might have to do a pop up to ~ahem~ see what she really is like in person. But after he showed me a picture, a few other owners feel like they have to compete. That's one of the tiring parts about coming back here to check up on a few things here. I usually wind up with a few girls on my list.

I find myself looking for the girl at the diner a few times here and there, but oddly enough I don't see her. "Excuse me", I say as I by pass all these crazy owners trying to sell off their kids and grandkids to me.

I spot the one stall I've been inching to see since I got here and I see the same workers except her. Why am I looking for her anyway?

"Tao!", says a grand-like voice in front of me that can get any attention no matter how many people are in a room.

"Mr. Dennis", I greet as he gives a hearty firm shake of the hand. "I see your bright as usual."

"Of course I am. A very special customer came to visit me. How else should I react", he laughs in a grand way.

"The line to your stall never cease to amaze me every time the festival comes into play."

"I know right. I won't lie and say that I expect it. There are a lot of new places to eat now that our little town ain't as little as it use to be. I have you to thank", he warmly smiles at me.

"Oh don't thank me. Your food and kindness speaks for itself."

"Just between you and me. Most of the people in this line is actually waiting to get a glimpse of Cinderella."

"Cinderella?"

"You don't know. That's what I call Su Ni. I called her that the first time she entered looking for a job. I had to hire her before someone was just as smart as me pick her up."

"Why?"

"Because just like you, I can tell she's special and now look", Mr. Dennis says pointing at his line.

"Well where is this so called princess at now?"

"She should be here enjoying the festival. I wanted her to have some fun since she is the reason why my numbers keep growing", he smiles sincerely.

So she's here after all?

The light in the sky is starting to fade as I casually scan through the crowd, hoping in some weird way I can't understand,

Please log in to read the full chapter