Debt 2: Three Years Later

Indebted to Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You don't have nowhere else to run sweetie", says the big guy a few inches away from me. To be honest, I didn't think he could catch up since I know he was enjoying himself a little too much. I knew he was watching me before I had the chance to say 'No, I'm interested'. I knew that I might have to use my pepper spary on him because the moment I saw it in his eyes that it wasn't good enough, I had to make a move. But unfortunately, this guy is a lot more dangerous than I thought. I'm running out of options and apparently space to run because I'm literally between a hard place and a wall.

"Aww... What's the matter? I only want to talk to you", he says with an insincere chuckle in his voice.

I'm sure that's not all he wants to do. I know I saw him carrying a gun on his waist for a few seconds when I snatched my hand free from his grasp at the festival. Why out of all the men I could and should attract, I get this ? I haven't had to deal with much trouble since I left. The only problem I had was keeping my idenity a secret so I had to dye my hair and kept it kind of short before news came out with a picture of me. But oddly enough, nothing was said about me and that never made any sense. 

But that's neither here or there; right now my life is in danger and I don't know how to get out of it.

"It's a beautiful night isn't it", this derange human being said as he slowly made his way towards me, closing the distance even more.

"Keep your distance from me!", I warned as I tried my best to not let my fear take over me. 

"Or what? What are you going to do little girl?", he mocked. I took my pepper spray out and held it by my waist. He took noticed immediately and began riducling me with his laughter. "Really?! A bottle of spray?! Is that all you got little girl?!"

Yes. That's all I got. If I would of known that a peaceful night out would of turned into me playing tag with him I would've brought my taser. "May be. May be not. Keep coming at me at your own discretion", I warned, lying to myself and him that I got everything in contol.

I scanned my eyes quickly to see if I could use something to stall time. It was only a matter of seconds before all hell break loose and I need something that can get me out of this. I remember I received one of this poppers that you pull with a string and confettii comes out. I can use that, but for that I will need that monster to come close.

"Times up", he said as he reached out for me. I waited for his shadow to cover most of my body so I can time it just right. I couldn't afford to mess this up. "It's good thing you ran this far. I'm sure with everything going on at the festival no one is going to bother coming over here", he said as an evil satisfying smile spread across his lips.

I said nothing as I counted down in my head for my plan to go through. Five...Four...Three...Two...- Pop! Pop!, went the sound of the popper into the unwanted man's face. What I thought was just confettii was also mini fireworks spreading across his eyes as I watch it light up the dimly lit alleyway.

"YOU !! YOU ING !!", he screamed in pain that my entire body shook. Now it's my chance, I thought as I tried to maneuver my way out. The staggering oaf wobbled back and forth with one of his arms out, trying to reach me. I dodged to the left of him as I saw a window of opportunity to leave without a scratch. "Oh no know you don't!", the Ogre yelled out and pulled me violently as I almost made it around him.

My arm was yanked so hard that I thought my shoulder was about to pop out of place. "AH!", I cried out as my legs gave way to the cement below me. "Where the hell do you think you're going?!", he roared at me with so much anger. I felt my entire insides go into to shock as I laid there with my wrist in his hand. "Let me go!", I yelled back as I tried to regain my arm back.

I felt my hair being grabbed as my arm went limp and being forced up to stand. He pushed me into the wall behind me and looked scornfully at me with his small eyes that he could barely see out of. "I was trying to be nice! But nooo... You had to try your luck." He reached for his waist and out came the same gun I thought I saw earlier.

"Please..", I cried in absolute shocked at the revelation I might die. "Please... let me go."

"I was going to after we had some fun, but you had to ing ruin it", he said as he now pointed a gun at my face, making my mind go blank. The next thing I remember was my eyes closing... Then I heard three loud pops and when I opened my eyes, the guy in front of me toppled on me and slowly started to fall until he laid near my feet.

My breathing was rigid and the beat of my heart ran rapid. With just my eyes, I looked down and the brute that was seconds away from killing me, I see him laying there motionless. My hand went straight to my chest as I felt as though I was having a panic attack. "What is this wet- It's red. My hand is red."

Like the seconds on a timer, my brain went on overdrive as pieces to the puzzle started to click. My gaze shifted back to the man at my feet and I noticed the same red color on his back. The only different is that it's spreading wider and wider, and I realize, it's blood. That popping sound I heard as a gun going off and he was shot right in front of me.

Am I?!, I hastily thought as I went touching myself where I saw blood on my shirt. I didn't feel any different, but a long time ago I read that sometimes people don't realize how hurt that are because the adrenaline kicks in. I was already at the peak of my adrenaline so I began trying to calm down. But no matter how much I told myself relax, fear of dying like my parents gripped my rationalization. Logic of any kind was leaving me at a fast pace and I needed to obtain it before it was too late.

"You're not dying!", someone said aloud at what seem like the far end of the alleyway. My eyes flew up in response as I see a few blurry figures heading my way. The sound of heavy foot steps coming in at great pace grabs my attention, so I blink a few times so I can grasp the situation at hand.

"Who-Who is there?", I forced out due to the shock and horror below and in front of me. Instead of answering me, two men in casual clothes appear before me then lower themselves to the corpse at the ground. The sound of them picking him up makes my body move on it's accord because I didn't want to face the aftermath of whatever happened.

"We got em' Boss", speaks one of them.

"What would you like us to do with the girl?", asked the other one, leaving me scared of the answer from whomever is this Boss.

"Leave her to me", speaks the third voice who I hear is still walking my way. "Just take care of that before anyone sees. I don't want to deal with any witnesses, you got it?", he command.

"You heard him. Let's clean this mess up", one of the two guys said, then carried the body down the alleyway.

I stood there letting the silence engulf me as I slumped my body to the wall behind me, letting gravity talk a hold of me. I slowly slid down, but before I could hit the concrete, someone held me by my under arm and pulled me back up. "I don't think it's wise for you to sit in a pool of blood. The less evidence, the better", he said calmly like a shooting didn't just take place.

"Who-Who are you?", I ask since it was hard for me to see straight anymore. 

"I'm kind of taken aback. How could you forget me so soon?"

"What- What are you talking about?", I ask as I tried my best to get a good look at him in the current condition I am. "I would have remember someone like-" A refreshing scent caught my nose that I smelled once before. It's definitely a man's colonge and I know for a fact that I had an encounter with that same smell.

"It's you... The man from the diner earlier... It's your...", then everything went black.

 

****

"Order up for table number two!", called out the cook in the kitchen. I walked to the opening between the kitchen and the counter so I could grab the plates of food. "Thank you for getting everything out the same time!", I smiled sarcastically as I turned my back to get the order to the table. "Okay. Okay. I thought I told you it was a mistake. I did a good job today. None of the orders were late or wrong."

"You always say the same thing and like a repetive boyfriend, you're going to go back doing the same thing."

The crowd of people in the diner started to make noise to playfully mock the cook in the back. "Here's your order. Two eggs scamble wth cheddar cheese, four pieces of AppleWood smoked bacon and two French Toast with strawberries and light maple syrup. And for you a sausage egg and cheese on wheat bread and a side of home fries. Did you two need anything else besides some more napkins and may be some more orange juice for you."

"You only been here a month and you're better than some people who have been here for years", joked the elderly man that is a usual to this diner.

"You hear that Joshua!", the owner yelled out to him. "Your credit with the people is starting to decline."

"My cooking speaks for itself, so you can say whatever you want. I know this place couldn't survive without my award-winning food", he boasted which gave him jeers instead of applause.

"If you have all that time to go over your resume, how about you finish helping th

Please log in to read the full chapter