[regrets]

If Only

“Ehh? May I know you? Ga Eul said thinking if she’s going to smile or not.

 

 

The lady wearing a clearly expensive piece from head to toe hugged her.

 

 

“Now I think my brother finally has his own standards in dating women. Don’t you think? Just joking, I’m actually looking for Yoona.”

 

 

“Ehh…”

 

 

 

“Speechless? Oh sorry, how rude of me for not introducing myself. I’m Ji Won, I think you already know who my brother is do you? And this must be Yoona?” she said when she saw Yoona reaching the last step of the staircase.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, the woman said they just moved in yesterday? How did that happen? Did you pay the rent?” Yoona said.

 

 

 

“There’s nothing to worry now girls, let’s go, and please hurry, I have a very hectic schedule so chop chop?” she smiled.

 

 

“Who are you talking to Ga Eul?”

 

 

 

“Nevermind Yoona, just come with me. Unnie…I mean…”

 

 

 

“It’s okay, you can call me whatever you want.”

 

 

“Can I just get our bags? I don’t think it’s safe to leave it here. Yoona, I’ll be back.” Ga Eul ran upstairs.

 

 

 

“And as for you, hmmm well I can see how much my brother wants you.”

 

 

 

“Brother? Ji Won-unnie, where are we going?” Yoona.

 

 

 

“Actually, I’m here for a photo shoot and this troublesome brother of mine requested if I could help you move in to your new house.”

 

 

 

“New…house?”

 

 

 

“I’m back.” Ga Eul said panting.

 

 

 

The car stopped right in front of a hotel.

 

 

 

“Ahh..Unnie, what are we exactly doing here?” Ga Eul asked helping Yoona get off the car.

 

 

 

“You’ll see. I’ll leave you two here.”

 

 

 

And the car left.

 

 

 

“Ehh? What are we supposed to do here?” Ga Eul said clutching their bags.

 

 

 

They entered the hotel. The receptionist greeted them when they reached the check in counter.

 

 

 

 

“Are you Ms. Chu Ga Eul?” the lady asked.

 

 

 

“Ahh..Neh..”

 

 

 

“Ms. Im Yoona?”

 

 

 

“Yeh?” Yoona answered.

 

 

 

“Here’s the key to your unit, at the 38th floor. Thank you so much for staying with us.” She bowed.

 

 

 

Ga Eul and Yoona almost speechless, took the key and headed to the elevator.

 

 

 

At the elevator…

 

 

 

“You think we should accept this Yoona?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know…but I don’t think its fair we left them.”

 

 

 

“Aniyo…it’s only me who left him, you didn’t break up with Woo Bin right?”

 

 

 

“Break up? He’s not even my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

They reached the 38th floor.

 

 

 

Ga Eul opened the door and there she saw…

 

 

 

 

“Yoona…”

 

 

 

“Ehh?”

 

 

 

“It’s huge…”

 

 

 

Then a cell phone on the bed was buzzing.

 

 

 

"Unknown number…” Ga Eul said and answered it.

 

 

 

“I told you, just let me make sure that you’re in good hands. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you anymore.”

 

 

 

“Yi Ju..” but the call ended before she could answer him.

 

 

 

Ga Eul sat on the bed. She looked over the place, she was teary eyed.

 

 

 

“So? You regret it now right?” Yoona said.

 

 

 

“Yoona…I did the right thing did I?”

 

 

 

“What do you think?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know.”

 

 

 

“Even if you won’t tell me, I can feel it. I know you love him too.”

 

 

“I…I don’t know really…” she sighed and lied on the bed.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Woo Bin and Yi Jung went to a party later that night, with girls of course. Woo Bin was normal as usual, dancing and drinking with the girls, Yi Jung, on the other hand was drinking alone on a table. He was about to start reminiscing when some “unfortunate” guest arrived.

 

 

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

 

 

“Are you happy now?”

 

 

 

“Yi Jung…”

 

 

 

“I said…are you happy now?” Yi Jung said remembering what Ga Eul said the last time.

 

 

 

“I..have something to tell you.”

 

 

 

“Eun Jae, before…you were my keeper, every time I have secrets I always run to you because I knew that I could trust you, I feel like all my secrets are safe and secured because I have faith in you, the secret about my family, my father’s women, my mother’s illness, and even my brother’s rebellion. But you know what? Seems like I don’t even know you anymore… You’re not the Eun Jae I used to play with when I was younger, you’re not even yourself. I wasted my FIRST chance on TRUE love because of you. Of all people Eun Jae…You. So whatever it is you want to say, I’m not interested.”

 

 

 

“What if it’s about Ga Eul?”

 

 

 

“Leave her alone, you hurt her once, don’t hurt her twice, or I’ll hurt you thrice.” Yi Jung warned her. His eyes threatening her not to touch his girl.

 

 

 

Eun Jae stood up.

 

 

“I understand, by the way, it wasn’t me, it was Jae Kyung, and Ga Eul was untouched, it was Jae Kyung’s plan to…”

 

 

 

“You think I’ll believe that?” Yi Jung smirked and stood up.

 

 

 

“Now I think you’re the one who’s cheap, not Ga Eul. Don’t be too obsessed Eun Jae. You may look like charming and innocent but deep inside, you proved to me you’re not worth trusting.” He left.

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Ga Eul woke up around midnight.

 

 

 

“I forgot, who owns this phone by the way?” Ga Eul said to herself.

 

 

 

Ga Eul’s POV

 

 

“I told you, just let me make sure that you’re in good hands. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you anymore.”

 

Won’t bother you anymore…won’t bother you anymore…Aiish! Stop it Ga Eul! It’s your fault not his, you and your stupid pride. You even broke your best friend’s heart. You should have listened to him and stayed.

 

 

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

 

“See? I told you…”

 

 

 

“Yoona! You scared me! Why aren’t you asleep yet?”

 

 

 

“I can’t sleep, the bed is too foamy and soft and I’m used to sleeping on the floor. Aiish, can I have that cell phone and could you dial this no. for me?”

 

 

 

“Ehh? Who’s number is this?”

 

 

 

“Woo Bin.”

 

 

 

“Ahh..ye…”

 

 

 

 

She called.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow bro.” Woo Bin said.

 

 

 

“Fine.” Yi Jung went to his car.

 

 

 

“Huh?” Woo Bin felt his phone vibrating.

 

 

 

“Yobosaeyo?” Woo Bin.

 

 

 

“It’s me…Ga Eul, I just want to say thank you for…”

 

 

 

“Wait..yah! Yi Jung-ah, it’s Ga Eul!”

 

 

 

Yi Jung stopped to look at his friend. Ga Eul on the other hand gave the phone to Yoona when she heard Woo Bin calling Yi Jung.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul-yang?” Yi Jung said on the phone.

 

 

 

“Ani..it’s Yoona, we just want to thank you for the house, we’ll pay you as soon as we find a job.”

 

 

“Where’s Ga Eul?” sounding a bit disappointed.

 

 

 

Yoona handed Ga Eul back the phone. She was hesitant at first but accepted it later on.

 

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

 

“Ga Eul-yang…”

 

 

 

“Thank you.” And she pressed the End Button.

 

 

“Yah! Why did you end it??” Yoona said.

 

 

 

“I can’t talk to him…” Ga Eul said.

 

 

 

“You think we should call them again?” Woo Bin said

 

 

 

“No...I’m going. See you tomorrow.” Yi Jung said and he left.

 

 

He stared out of nowhere inside his car. He looked at Ga Eul’s picture on his cellphone. He closed his eyes remembering their happy moments.

 

 

Yi Jung’s POV

 

 

Is it really that easy to forget me? Ga Eul? I’ve never been like this in my life! Never! How could you leave me? I chose not to leave you because I was afraid you’d get hurt but now you’re the one who left and hurt me! Ga Eul-yang! I…really…I… love you.

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

(A/N:) Poster from ArtsyAsianCrew! ^^ the best. ^^