The Adoption

Brother is so annoying!

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were inside their large house in Seoul. Their house was awfully quiet because their only son was no longer at home. He was a full grown man. Though to his fans, Kim Ryeowook still looks like a baby.

Mr. Kim was sitting on his lounge chair while reading the newspaper. Mrs. Kim was in the kitchen cooking up their Sunday brunch. The cool Seoul breeze from the open glass window flew around the house. The only sound that can be heard is the cooking show from the TV in the kitchen.

“Dear, brunch!” Mrs. Kim yelled from the kitchen.

“Coming, dear.” Mr. Kim replied. He put down the newspaper and put on his slippers. He began walking to the kitchen.

Once he reached the kitchen, a delicious variety of food was spread on the table. Mr. Kim sat down on his side of the four-seat dining table. The lovely couple sat across from each other. Their son, the famous Kim Ryeowook of Super Junior, used to sit at the chair between them. The other chair remained empty.

“Dear…Is something bothering you?” Mr. Kim asked his wife while putting down his coffee.

“What?” Mrs. Kim replied. “Oh, it’s nothing. I just miss having a child in our home.”

“Well, why don’t we adopt one?” Mr. Kim suggested.

“Would you agree if we did?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Yes I would. We won’t have a single problem with her financial needs. Maybe we can a get a daughter since you wanted one before.” Mr. Kim said cheerfully. Mrs. Kim got thinking.

“Alright then. Let’s stop by the orphanage later. I’m so excited!” Mrs. Kim said.

After brunch, Mrs. Kim packed up the table as quickly as she can out of excitement. Mr. Kim got ready for the day and pulled the car out front. Mrs. Kim got ready herself and by 12:30 PM, they got driving to the nearest orphanage.

They went to the Seoul’s All-Girls Orphanage first. It was a yellow 20 story building with green stained windows and large automatic glass doors. Once the Kims entered, they found a lovely front office. The place had green walls and oak floor boards. The room was decorated with modern sculptures and a few live plants. On the wall behind the secretary was a recent group picture of the orphans wearing their green school uniform. Mr. Kim first walked in front of the desk to inquire.

“Good afternoon, sir. May I help you?” The gentle secretary said.

“We would like to adopt.” Mr. Kim said.

“Please follow me.” The secretary said and stood up from her desk. She led them to the directress’s office, a cozy glass room on the top floor.

The Kims entered the office, where Vonne Choi stayed inside. They were offered a seat on the black leather sofa. Vonne stretched a thin smile across her face.

“So how may I help you today?” Vonne asked.

“Well, my husband and I missed having a child at our home. We decided to adopt a girl to raise the spirits.” Mrs. Kim replied.

“You’re such an energetic couple. And we only have 10-13 year olds open for adoption. Is that all right?” Vonne said.

“Why yes.” Mr. Kim said.

“Very well. Here are profiles of the girls who I think might interest you. The ones with red stars are recently opened for adoption.” Vonne said, handing the couple five pink folders.

The Kims carefully read through each one. None of them seemed to be interesting. Vonne handed five more folders, and none of them caught their attention. She suddenly remembered a folder that she never showed before because the applicant seemed troublesome. She showed the profile to the Kims.

---

Name: Hyeon Jung

Age: 13

Date of Birth: July 21st 1999

Blood Type: A

Allergies: poultry products, dust, birds

Education:

Primary school -                Liang Chiu Chinese Academy (Beijing, China)

Elementary school -        Busan Academy for Chinese

Middle school -                 Hao Liu-Choi Lee School (Seoul)

Personality: She is very quiet and prefers to be alone in her room. She works very quickly and accurately. She is an obedient girl and harmonizes with everyone easily. However, once she gets comfortable, she becomes loud and eccentric. Privacy is very important for her. She has a deep sense of curiosity, creativity and intelligence. She is naturally intelligent as she does not study for any tests. Despite her seemingly nice attitude, she is reported a troublemaker at school.

Hobbies: She likes reading fiction books during her spare time. She also plays a few rough sports and does martial arts. She also writes poems and stories. She also composes and writes songs.

Talents: She is an excellent writer of poems, songs, essays and stories. She also plays the violin, piano, guitar, bass, and flute. She fluently speaks Chinese, but she cannot write it. She has received her black belts in Judo, Taekwondo and Aikido. She takes up other extreme sports such as skateboarding, boxing, kick boxing, Hapkido and Philippine Arnis. She also knows how to remix and create songs. She is a gifted singer and dancer.

---

The Kims looked at each other with satisfied grins. They handed the folder to Vonne and agreed on the adoption of the child together. One week passed and the organization for permanent adoption was a success. Their new daughter, Kim Jin Ri, will be arriving at their home soon.