Reason

Contract

EVERYONE REPORT!

I'm so happy that this fic recieved such good feedback from just the first chapter.

I'll try to make the other chapters just as good.

Like in this chapter, you'll sort of know why Joon sold him his soul.

Hope you like it.


If you asked Joonmyeon to describe himself in one word, that word would be: Alone. Because that was what Joonmyeon was: a loner, someone who is completely alone without anyone else but he secretly wanted a companion; a friend. But by no means was it his fault, no it wasn’t.

Kim Joonmyeon was an only child born out of a loveless marriage; an arranged marriage. As his father, Kim Yeon Jae, worked at the family company day and night simply allowing himself to drown in work while his mother, Kim Mi Rae, raised him. Despite being diagnosed with postpartum depression after Joonmyeon was born, she did her best to raise her son even though once in a while she’d have her outbursts. His family was broken since the start.

Mi Rae had convinced herself that her son did not need any contact from the outside world that his family was all Joonmyeon was ever going to need. Thus Joonmyeon grew up surrounded by select tutors, never allowed to leave the house unless it was for a social event.

He was closed off from the outside world, like a bird inside a cage.


“Eomma, why can’t I go outside?” A 7 year old Joonmyeon asked his mother who was tucking him into bed. Mi Rae stopped her actions to look at her only child, the light of her life.

“Because the outside world is a terrible place filled with bad people who hurt you.” Mi Rae replied. She feared the day Joonmyeon would leave like everyone else thus she started to condition Joonmyeon that he should never leave.

“Then why does appa go outside?” Joonmyeon questioned curiously.

“Because appa is a brave man.” Mi Rae answered truthfully. Her husband wasn’t the best husband out there aside from the fact that they don’t love each other but at least he supported all of her decisions regarding Joonmyeon.

“Eomma, can I be brave like appa one day?” Joonmyeon tilted his head cutely.

“Maybe, my darling. Now it’s time to rest, I’ll see you in the morning.” Mi Rae kissed his forehead before walking towards the door to give Joonmyeon a smile. “Good night, my angel.”

“Good night eomma.” Joonmyeon yawned. Mi Rae closed the door with a heavy heart, convincing herself that what she did was the right thing.


When Joonmyeon was 15, his father decided to send him to high school, something that his mother had barely agreed to. However Joonmyeon hated it, due to his family’s status; everyone wanted to be his friend to simply mooch from him. He realized that people only did things for the simple sake of gaining power and he hated it.

But Joonmyeon was alone, he simply wanted someone to talk to. Someone he could get along with, he simply wanted to be with someone who cared for him as he did for that person. He suffered from social anxiety. He wasn’t that socially awkward that people wouldn’t dare step next to him but when they talked to him, it would only be for the sake of knowing whose son he was and if he could lend them an amount of money.

He prayed for a long time, his mother had told him if he prayed to God with an honest heart then what he prayed for would come true, hoping that he would at least be blessed with a kind companion. At the end, he realized that his mother’s words were a lie.

So he decided to turn the other way, he did the one thing he never thought he would do: sell his soul to the devil. He didn’t care if he seemed pathetic, he wanted a friend and his soul wasn’t that big of a price. He decided to go to an acquaintance’s friend gave him the instructions to summon a demon.

He didn’t know that a demon was going to be so attractive but he felt intimidated by the look that he received from the demon. Joonmyeon knew what he wanted so he did it, the demon didn’t look that stunned at his request instead making it seem as though Joonmyeon was one of those idols on TV doing aegyo.

Before he knew it, he had fainted. He hoped that selling his soul would work.


Me writing the chapter (Maybe it's because I'm a crybaby, maybe its you guys too)

Well, if you didn't get it, I'll explain it to who asks me in the comments.

In the next chapter, I'll write about their blooming friendship and I might include the 7 deadly sins I mean the other EXO members.

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Just wait for the Krisho moments, they'll come soon.

Please upvote, suscribe and comment.

From Icy~