40. Sport AU

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Requested by su-holdup

 

Description: Junmyeon is the captain of the girls volleyball team and Yixing is the captain of the basketball team. Everyone thinks there's some rivalry between them. No one knows they're dating. They're just really competitive.

 

Notes: I know nothing about sports.

 

Tags: fem! Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Minseok, Jongdae, Luhan, Tao. Highschool au.

 


Junmyeon sighed as she started at the condition of her team.

 

They were on the north side of the court, every individual doing something different, something completely unrelated to the task at hand.

 

Baekhyun was texting, Kyungsoo was doing her homework, Minseok and Jongdae were making out and Luhan and Tao weren't even in the gym.

 

At least Tao had a reason.

 

Every Tuesday and Thursday was their day to use the gym to practice but this Thursday nothing was getting done.

 

Junmyeon was surprised they even manged to put the net up since everyone seemed so preoccupied.

 

They had a game coming up and really needed to practice if they intend on keeping their winning streak.

 

The sound of the gym doors opening broke her out of her thoughts.

 

Luhan strolled in with a smoothie in hand, Tao trailing behind her.

 

"Where the hell have you been? I don't know if you remembered but we have practice today for the next game?" Junmyeon asked, hands on her hips.

 

"Yeah and practice looks really productive today." Luhan replied sarcastically.

 

"Well now that you're here we can actually start." Junmyeon countered. She held on to the whistle hanging around her neck and blew into it loudly, making everyone jump with the resonating noise.

 

"Good, now that I have your attention can we start practice please? We have a game to win in two weeks." Junmyeon ordered.

 

"Tao Tao what are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked as she put her phone in her bag.

 

"I wanted to come and watch practice anyway even if I can't play." Tao replied.

 

"It's too bad you can't play with us this time Tao. We could really use you since it's our last match of the season." Minseok said as she tied her shoulder length hair up.

 

The rest of the team nodded in agreement.

 

At first Junmyeon was really disappointed when she was told that Tao couldn't join them for the last few games of the season. Tao was a phenomenal Opposite Hitter but unfortunately she had a Wushu tournament that started on the same day and she couldn't afford to miss it. However Junmyeon's hope of victory was restored when Luhan, a former cheerleader and Tao's cousin was able to take Tao's place.

 

Luhan wasn't as good as Tao, but she was a great player nonetheless. She helped them win two matches after all.

 

"Okay is everyone ready? Can we start practice now?" Junmyeon asked and everyone got into their positions.

 

"Tao since you're here can you toss the balls over the net for us to hit?" Junmyeon requested from the tanned girl.

 

.

.

.

 

Practice was going smoothly for about twenty minutes until the gym doors opened, followed by loud chatter.

 

The girls stopped to see what was causing the commotion. Junmyeon’s face fell into a frown when she recognised the figures walking into the room.

 

Why is the basketball team here?

 

"What's going on here? Would anyone like to tell me why the basketball team is in the gym which is specifically designated for the volleyball team right now?" Junmyeon asked irritation clear in her voice as she marched over to the captain of said basketball team.

 

"Oh hey Kim. What are you doing here?" The captain, Zhang Yixing asked innocently.

 

"Me? What are you doing here? Today is Thursday. We have the gym every Thursday." Junmyeon huffed.

 

"Well we have a game in a few weeks and coach have us permission to use the gym today." Yixing replied with a smirk, causing Junmyeon's eyebrow to twitch.

 

Minseok walked up to the two captains, putting her hands on each of their shoulders, "Guys, the gym is big enough for us to share without getting in each others way. We both have games coming up and need the extra practice." Minseok stated.

 

Thank God for Minseok who can always diffuse a tense situation, especially when a very stubborn Junmyeon refused to back down.

 

"Fine but I'm warning you Zhang if any of your idiots catcall me or any of my girls we're gonna have a problem." Junmyeon warned before storming over to her team.

 

"Yes ma'am. " Yixing replied with a fake salute, fully grinning at this point.

.

.

.

Junmyeon was making her way out of the school compound after practice. She had already changed back into her school uniform and was walking towards the gate when she felt an arm snake around her waist.

 

"Sorry for barging in on your practice like that today. I hope the guys didn't cause too much of a problem for you." Yixing apologized.

 

"It's fine... I know you guys are playing the last game of your season too. And thankfully my girls weren't that distracted today. Even Dae was focused, and she has the attention span of a puppy." Junmyeon replied, wrapping her arm around the male as well.

 

"I wish I could say the same. Chanyeol is really captivated by Baekhyun. He kept trying to sneak glances at her as if I wouldn't notice." Yixing complained.

 

"They'd be cute together." Junmyeon giggled.

 

"They would be. But Chanyeol's too shy to say anything to her." Yixing stated.

 

"And Baek's too oblivious. "Junmyeon added.

 

The couple continued chatting as they walked.

 

.

.

.

 

"How do you think everyone would react if they found out the basketball and volleyball captains are dating?" Yixing asked one day while the two were sitting in cafe.

 

"I think they'd be shocked. Everyone seems to think we hate each other." Junmyeon replied as she reached over the table to scoop a piece of Yixing's cheesecake with her fork.

 

"That's because you get in a super competitive mode when you play." Yixing stated.

 

"So do you. I've seen they way you get when you're trying to finish a practice." Junmyeon rebutted with a sly smile.

 

"Although I will say, I hate not being able to kiss you when we're in school." Yixing pouted.

 

"Don't worry baby. We'll tell everyone soon enough." Junmyeon replied.


A/N:

It's been a while hasn't it?

I think this is the first time I've updated in almost a year and I've missed it to be honest.

Apologies for taking so long to make a return but this past year has been quite the rollercoaster.

 

For starters I spent most of my time preparing and studying for exams but now I've graduated high school and I'm moving on to a new school (not college) and since I won't be going five days a week hopefully I should be able to update more. If the work doesn't pile up on me that is >_<

 

So I decided to update with a requested from one of my loyal readers. Even though I don't know anything about sports I actually really enjoyed writing this so I'll most likely create a chaptered version of this au in the future  (probably about 5 chapters). I have a lot of ideas for this au.

 

Anyway I'm glad to be back so hopefully I'll update more soon.

 

Thanks for reading ^^

 

Comment, request, subscribe 

 

See you in the next chapter