37. Trust Me

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Requested by su-holdup 

 

Description: Yixing adopts a bunny hybrid who was previously abused and now has to get the hybrid to warm up to him

Notes:

Warnings/Tags: bunny!Suho, cat!Minseok, mentions of abuse, comfort, 

-

Pain. That's the last thing he remembered before passing out. His entire body hurt terribly. His master went to hard on him but it was his own fault. He accidently dropped his master's dinner plate on the floor so he paid for it. 

 

He was a bad pet, a bad companion, a bad lover. He didn't deserve special treatment. He didn't deserve love and happiness. He only deserved to suffer and to be treated like a toy to be used on a whim. Nothing more. That's what his master always told him.

 

Maybe is master was right.

.

.

.

Junmyeon woke up when he felt a hand shaking him.

 

"Are you okay Myeon? You were whimpering. And your eyes are wet." Minseok, an older cat hybrid in the adoption center asked.

 

Junmyeon nodded slightly, feeling guilty for having bothered the other who was probably napping as well.

 

Minseok was Junmyeon's only friend. He was also abused before he was rescued but re-adapted much faster than Junmyeon is doing right now. 

 

"It's our week to be put up for adoption again so you better wipe those tears." Minseok teased, nudging Junmyeon lightly.

 

Junmyeon sighed, already knowing not to get his hopes up that someone would adopt him.

 'They'd probably just bring me back anyway.' is what he always thought.

Although he had no hope for himself, he was wishing for Minseok to get adopted.

 

Sure Minseok was his only friend but the older cat had at least two more weeks until he'd be considered undesirable and sent to the shelter. And hybrids who are sent to the shelter are usually never heard from again. Rumours are that hybrids who are dumped there end up dead or trafficked and Junmyeon doesn't want his friend to go through that.

 

Soon after one of the center workers took Junmyeon and Minseok, along with some other hybrids to be groomed so they could be presented. 

.

.

,

 

The day  was almost over which meant the center was about to be closed soon. Junmyeon and Minseok had yet to be adopted. Junmyeon wasn't surprised that he was still here but that didn't make him any less disappointed. Minseok didn't seem bothered but the older feline was never one to openly express his feelings.

 

The door of the center opened causing the little bell to ring which had both Minseok and Junmyeon's ears twitching.

 

The man who entered went straight for the counter and stood there talking to the worker before turning to look in Junmyeon and Minseok's direction.

 

Then he smiled, showing a deep dimple on his cheek before turning back to face the worker.

 

From the spot next to him, Junmyeon heard Minseok squeal.

 

"He smiled at you Myeon." Minseok said happily.

 

Junmyeon glanced between the man and Minseok unsurely.

 

Junmyeon looked up when he noticed the worker and the man walking up to them.

 

"Junmyeon, this is Yixing. He's going to adopt you." the worker said in a soft voice, giving a smile. 

 

Junmyeon's eyes widened.

 

.

.

.

 

He had only been adopted for three days and he was already missing Minseok. He doesn't even know what happened to the older cat after he left.

 

Junmyeon's new master, Yixing, as he preferred to be called, seemed to be a nice person. But ever since his last owner, Junmyeon knows not to judge a book by its cover.

 

He'd keep his interactions with Yixing very minimal, a simple good morning, good night or a thank you for the food would suffice then he'd scurry back into his room. He doesn't want to get too comfortable on,you for it to come crashing down on  him. He can't go through that again.

 

 

 

Yixing didn't know how he was going to get Junmyeon to warm up to him. He knew the rabbit was a previous victim of abuse, physical, emotional and ual, so he isn't shocked that Junmyeon is skeptical about everyone and everything. How was he going to get Junmyeon to trust him?

 

.

.

.

 

Junmyeon was sitting down on his bed in his room when his ears twitched at the sound of his name being called.

 

Peeking his head out of the room he saw Yixing looking at him with a smile, holding on to a phone.

 

"I have someone here who really wants to talk to you." Yixing said. 

 

Junmyeon looked at the phone before looking up at Yixing nervously.

 

"Okay, I see you don't believe me, Then I'll put it on speaker." Yixing said before tapping the function on his phone and giving the person on the other line an indication to speak.

 

"Junmyeonnie! I missed you so much!" 

 

Junmyeon's ears twitched happily upon hearing the voice. It was Minseok!

 

"I got adopted the week after you left. Isn't it great that our Masters know each other? Now I can come visit you and you can visit me." Minseok chatted full of excitement  causing Junmyeon to smile.

 

Yixing eventually handed the phone to Junmyeon and left the two hybrids to their conversation. 

 

Junmyeon came up to Yixing and meekly handed over the phone.

 

Yixing accepted the device and gushed internally at Junmyeon's shy behavior. 

 

"I've never seen you smile like that before. You and Minseok must be really close." Yixing said. 

 

Junmyeon nodded with red cheeks.

 

"You don't talk much do you? I noticed that Minseok did most of the talking." Yixing pointed out.

 

"My previous master said that toys shouldn't talk." Junmyeon replied quietly, his white ears drooping.

 

"Forget everything he ever told you okay? You're not a toy and you do have rights. You deserve much better than how you were treated in the past." Yixing stated.

 

Yixing wanted nothing more than to pull the hybrid into a hug but he knows that Junmyeon was probably still scared so he had to take it slow.

 

It was all part of the process.

 

.

.

.

 

Recently, Junmyeon started coming out of his room a little more, sitting albeit a little stiffly on the couch in the living room.

 

"What's your favourite food?" Yixing asked the rabbit once.

 

"I... I really like carrots. Carrots... I'll eat anything with carrots." Junmyeon replied, shying away from Yixing's gaze. 

 

"Great. I'll make some carrots dishes for you. How does that sound?" Yixing said.

 

Junmyeon nodded.

 

 

 

Yixing had prepared a carrot soup for Junmyeon that evening.

 

When Junmyeon was finished with the meal he gave a small satisfied hum. 

 

He stood and was about to give the bowl to Yixing when the China slipped out of his hands and fell to the floor and shattered.

 

Junmyeon's eyes widened in horror.

 

"It was an accident! Please don't - don't hurt me!" Junmyeon cried out. 

 

Yixing could see the fear in Junmyeon's eyes. Slowly approaching the frightened bunny he called out to him.

 

"Junmyeon... hey, I'm not like him okay? I won't hurt you. I promise." Yixing said, carefully holding on to Junmyeon's trembling hands.

 

Crying, Junmyeon rest his head on Yixing's chest, his ears drooping while he sobbed.

 

"I'm sorry..." Junmyeon repeated.

 

"It's okay. You did noting wrong." Yixing consoled as he pet Junmyeon's soft brown hair.

 

.

.

.

 

Since Junmyeon's little panic attack and Yixing calming him down the two interacted a little easier. Yixing still had to be careful because the smallest thing could stress out the rabbit and he didn't want Junmyeon to feel unsafe or uncomfortable. 

 

Junmyeon appreciated all of Yixing's attempts to make him feel comfortable and was glad to know that Yixing cared so much and would never take advantage of him. Yixing was a great owner and was nothing like his previous master. Yixing was caring, considerate and fun and wouldn't get mad at Junmyeon over anything.

 

It was simply a matter of taking baby steps for them to get closer but Yixing was grateful that he was able to get Junmyeon to trust him.


Hope you all enjoyed.

I'm planning on writing two chartered stories, one will only be about 5-6 chapters though. I'll let you all know when I start writing and when I'm ready to upload them so you can look for it

Sorry for any spelling errors.

Comment, request, subscribe 

See you in the next chapter  <3 <3 <3