38. Under the Night Sky

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Description: Yixing, China's heir to the throne and Junmyeon, Korea's second crowned prince meet for the first time at a gala that both of them didn't really want to attend.


Notes: inspired by a pic I saw with the two of them dressed as royalty


Warnings/Tags: modern royalty!au


It was the night of China and South Korea's royal gala. Where the royal families and nobles would meet once every four months for a night of mingling and any extra discussion about royal affairs.

It was required that the royal families be present, especially the next heir to the throne. They have to become accustomed to the people they would be working with in the future.

All a waste of time if you were to ask Yixing, the prince of China. 

As part of the younger demographic taking part in this function he really found the whole ordeal to be quite a bore. 

If he had his way right now he'd be with his friend Lu Han, getting snuck into parties he would usually be unable to attend because of his status.

"Cheer up darling, soon enough you'll come to enjoy these functions." his mother said, patting his shoulder comfortingly.

"I doubt that." Yixing muttered.

"I wanted to introduce you to the Kim's second son last time but he wasn't here. His mother dragged him along this time though. He's a few months your senior." she said.

When they arrived at the table, situated on the stage next to the Korean royal family's table, looking on above the rest of the tables in the ballroom.

Yixing's father pulled out his mother's chair for her, only taking his seat after his wife was comfortably seated.

Yixing sat down as looked at the crowd in front of him. There were a few people present around his age but most of them were his parents' age or older.

"Ah, look there's Prince Junmyeon," Yixing's mother whispered, subtly pointing at the  formally dressed male that walked into the room, accompanied by his older brother, Crowned Prince Minseok, "He is such a cutie I bet he has many suitors."

Yixing chuckled at his mother's words. She was always one to give compliments, especially if they were well deserved, and she was quite the sweet talker. But Yixing had to agree with her on this, Junmyeon was rather attractive. He was small, with porcelain skin and round cheeks. The dazzling smile that graced his features as he laughed when his brother whispered something in his ear caught Yixing's attention even more.

"So you agree with me huh?" the Queen asked with a smile.

"What makes you say that?" Yixing asked. 

"Do you really think you can lie to me boy? I am your mother, I know everything about you. And judging by the looks you are giving him, you're interested." she explained.

 Yixing's mother could read him like an open book. There was no way to keep secrets from her, she was just that good.

"I hope you make friends with him, the two of you would look absolutely adorable together, and it would be a great way to further strengthen the ties between our. countries." the Queen pointed out.

"Wow already planning our wedding? You sure do work fast." Yixing joked.

"I'm always prepared darling." his mother smiled, her dimple showing.

.
.
.

Junmyeon was quite displeased when he was dragged to the gala tonight. Since he wasn't the heir to the throne he didn't have to attend and would always make plans in advance but this time he was literally forced.

So now, here he was, surrounded by old Royals and nobles who were too stuck up for his liking, His plan was to stick with Minseok the entire night and to drink champagne just to stay awake.

"I have to introduce you to Prince Yixing. We'll be coronated soon and you don't even know what he looks like." Minseok said, holding on to Junmyeon's arm to ensure he doesn't stray.

"I don't need to meet him. I'm not the one who's gonna be king." Junmyeon said, accepting a flute of champagne from one of th1e waiters. 

"But you're going to be taking over the Royal Relations in my place so you do have to know who he is. Plus, he's quite charming, just your type." Minseok said, whispering the last part.

Junmyeon laughed at his brother's comment, " You seem quite sure we'll hit it off." 

"I can see it now, my little Junmyeonnie, he'll ask for your hand in marriage and you'll be the next Queen of China." Minseok joked, both of them making their way to the stage where they were to be seated,

"The correct term is Empress, Minseokkie hyung. And that much is unlikely." Junmyeon replied, his hand coming up to cover his mouth as he continued to laugh. A few seconds later some nobles beckoned Minseok over.

"I'll be right back." Minseok said to his brother, patting his shoulder before heading off to talk to the men that called him.

Junmyeon let out a sigh after his brother departed, bringing the champagne glass up to his lips. Every time someone greeted him he'd just give a curt little bow and the smile he'd mastered to make it look like he cared.

Eventually he just decided to go relax by the balcony and just avoid conversation.

Leaning on the balcony he exhaled calmly and gazed at the stars blending with the distant city lights.

"Lovely night isn't it?" he heard an accented voice behind him say.

Turning around he realized it was the prince of his allied country.

"It is Your Highness." Junmyeon replied and bowed in respect for the other's status.

"It's just the two of us here, and since you are older than me I'll let you call me Yixing." He said

"Well if you insist." Junmyeon replied, turning his attention back towards the scenery in front of him.

Yixing came up and stood next to him, the two of them staying in comfortable silence for a while.

"At nights like this I'm really glad I wasn't born first. I'd hate to have to attend these boring galas for the right of my term on the throne." Junmyeon stated.

"Ha. I wish I had your luck. I know for sure when I become king I'm lessening the amount of galas we throw. That or I'd at least make them more interesting." Yixing said. 

"Good luck with that." Junmyeon chuckled.

The two of them spent the majority of the evening chatting about various things, throughly enjoying each others' company.

Yixing looked into Junmyeon's eyes after the latter had just finished laughing.

"You know, you have this mischievous glint in your eyes that I find very alluring." Yixing said, stepping closer to the older prince.

"Are you hitting on me your highness?" Junmyeon asked playfully. 

"I said you can call me Yixing. And... so what if I was?" Yixing smirked, his dimple appearing.

"Well then, I guess I'd just have to flirt right back." Junmyeon replied.

"Oh there you are. I've been looking for you." Minseok's voice rang through causing the two to step away from each other. Minseok smirked knowingly 

"Come on you two, they're about to start the address." Minseok said.

Yixing gestured for Junmyeon to walk before him. The latter ran up to his brother who nudged him when they walked.

"Told you you'd hit it off" Minseok said. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Junmyeon stated.

"Oh please, if I didn't walk in his tongue would have been down your throat right now." Minseok proclaimed, causing Junmyeon to hit him, cheeks pink.

.
.
.

A few days after the gala one of the servants delivered a letter to Junmyeon while he was in the library.

Plagued by curiosity he put down the book he was reading and looked at the envelope. 

With a smile he noted that the wax seal was of the Zhang Royal Family Crest.

Peeling off the seal he pulled out the paper and read the note.

'Junmyeon, I guess it's obvious but I'm not used to this whole courtship thing but for you I'll try my best. After that night at the gala I couldn't stop thinking about you. I'll be in Korea for a few more days I'd love to spend more time with you if you agree that is. If you're willing would you like to on a date with me? Since you're the native I'm sure there's a few good spots you may be aware of. Till then gorgeous.  

                                                                                                                                               - Yixing'


I've been inactive for a while I know. Sorry :(

Anyway, I just wrote a cute little royalty au because I mean who doesn't love a royal au.

As of right now I'm still in the process of writing my chaptered stories but luckily I'm on a break for the next 2 1/2 weeks so maybe I'll get some writing done and I can publish at least one.

Also can anybody recommended some good Sulay or Krisho stories on here Ao3 or Wattpad?

Anyway, Hope you enjoyed 

Sorry for any spelling errors 

Comment, request, subscribe 

See you in the next chapter <3 <3 <3