27. I love your smile

Sulay Oneshots and Drabbles

Twenty Seven

I Love Your Smile

 

Description: Junmyeon doesn't like his braces. Yixing loves his smile. Highschool!AU

Notes: I don't know if he has actually worn braces, this is just for the chapter.

Warnings/Tags: insecurity, fluff


Junmyeon walked into the school with his head low.He had just gotten braces and he's self conscious about people seeing them. 

His best friend came next to him and they continued to walk down the hallway.

"Are you going to let me see them?" Jongdae asked.

When Junmyeon stopped at his locker he opened his mouth showing Jongdae his new dark blue braces.

"They're adoreable." Jondae said.

"Don't lie to me. I look like an idiot." Junmyeon said.

"That's not true. Trust me, if you looked like an idiot I would have told you." Jongdae said

"The list of things I can't eat is so long. I can't even bite my nails now because it could damage the braces. And nail biting is my nervous habit." Junmyeon worried

"Yeah. Now what are you gonna do whenever you see Zhang Yixing?" Jongdae teased.

"I forgot about him! He cannot know that I have braces." Junmyeon gasped.

"What are you going to do? Wear a mask around him?" Jongdae asked rhetorically.

"That's a good idea." Junmyeon said.

"Junmyeon no. Don't do that. That'll only make him suspicious. He's not an idiot." Jondae said.

"I hate my life." Junmyeon groaned.

"And he's in your first period Biology class. Good luck, you know how much he enjoys talking to you." Jongdae said before heading to his own locker further down the hall.

The bell rang and Junmyeon sighed.

.

.

.

Junmyeon sat in his Biology class reading a book while waiting for the teacher.

Someone came and sat next to him.

"So, Jongdae told me you got braces." The voice had Junmyeon immediately blushing.

"Y-Yixing. Uh... hi." Junmyeon stuttered 

"So can I see them?" Yixing asked 

"N-no. You can't." Junmyeon covered his mouth with his book.

"Why not?" Yixing pouted which almost made Junmyeon squeal.

"I-I just- I don't think you'd like it." Junmyeon said quietly.

"Nonsense. I like everything about you." Junmyeon blushed harder at the statement.

"Still not letting you see them." Junmyeon muttered.

.

.

.

"You know what I don't understand? It's obvious that you and Yixing like each other but you're not together." Jongdae said one day at lunch.

"It's complicated." Junmyeon said, picking at his food.

"No no I'm not done. What I don't understand is how I can't get that hot as football captain Kim Minseok's attention." Jongdae argued.

"Well I don't know what to tell you." Junmyeon said.

"Okay fine but I'm telling you now that Yixing is making his way over here so you can start hiding." Jongdae warned.

"Oh my God really?" Junmyeon asked covering his mouth.

"Weirdo." Jongdae muttered.

Yixing came and sat next to Junmyeon.

"You know I'm still hurt you won't show me your braces and those petty teeth." Yixing said, unwrapping his lunch.

"Don't worry. He'll be wearing it for the next two years do you'll see it at some point." Jongdae assured.

Junmyeon kicked him under the table.

"Ow !" Jongdae complained, giving Junmyeon a 'seriously?' look.

"The next two years?" Yixing asked.

"Yup. That means I won't be able to eat carrots for the next two years. Among other things." Junmyeon sighed.

"That's a shame. I know how much you love carrots. I'm gonna buy you carrots when you take them off."  Yixing said.

The thought made Junmyeon smile.

"Are you smiling Kim Junmyeon? Oh so your braces are blue." Yixing teased.

"Stop." Junmyeon whined.

"Oh he's gonna love putting those carrots in his mouth. I know there's something else Junmyeonie would love to put in his mouth." Jongdae joked.

That statement got Jongdae another kick under the table.

"Stop ing kicking me. It hurts you know ." Jongdae said 

"Hey Jongdae, Minseok asked for your number." Yixing spoke up.

Jongdae abruptly stood up from his seat," WHAT?"

"Yeah he should be in the locker room right now. The footballers had an extended practice." Yixing said.

"That means that he might have no shirt on." Jongdae gasped." Myeonnie I love you but I need a boyfriend okay. BYE." Jongdae ran out of the cafeteria.

"Wow, I haven't seen him run that fast since someone said Minseok was letting people feel his biceps last year." Junmyeon laughed.

"You're smiling again. You have a beautiful smile." Yixing said.

Junmyeon blushed deeply.

"Junmyeon, we like each other right? Do you want to go on a date with me?" Yixing asked.

Junmyeon looked back at the Chinese male.

"I'd love that." Junmyeon said 

.

.

.

Junmyeon was waiting for Yixing to pick him up at his house.

"I'm nervous. Jongdae, you're supposed to be helping me here." Junmyeon said.

"Don't bite your nails." Jongdae said, not looking up from his phone. 

"Jongdae..." Junmyeon whined.

Jongdae sighed and put down his phone.

"Look hyung, you look hot, Yixing's totally into you and you two are gonna be alone, together. Just be yourself. He already likes you for you." Jongdae encouraged

"Thanks." Junmyeon said 

There was a knock at the door.

Junmyeon opened the door to see Yixing... wearing glasses.

"Yixing, hi. I like your glasses." Junmyeon said. 

"Thanks, I usually wear them at home." Yixing replied 

"You mean, you wear glasses?" Junmyeon asked.

"Yup. I mean if I want to fully see your braces you should see me in my glasses." Yixing said.

Junmyeon was about to speak until Jongdae laughed out. The two older males looked back at him.

"Sorry sorry, I'm not laughing at you guys. It's just Min- nothing. You kids have fun." Jongdae waved them off.

"You ready to go?" Yixing asked

Junmyeon nodded, holding on to  Yixing's outstretched hand.

.

.

.

 "Too bad you couldn't eat the popcorn. It was really good." Yixing teased.

"Yah it's the braces okay." Junmyeon said 

"Are you gonna let me see them now?" Yixing asked 

"Fine but I'm not just gonna open my mouth for no reason." Junmyeon said 

"Fine then I'll give you a reason." Yixing said, before cupping the shorter male's face and pressing their lips together.

When they parted Junmyeon smiled.

"There they are. You're so beautiful Junmyeon." Yixing said with a smile.

"So are you happy now? You've seen my braces." Junmyeon asked.

"I'm very happy. I love your smile Jun." Yixing said before kissing  Junmyeon again.

 


I have a friend who recently became more confident about her braces. So I wrote this.

I'm on vacation for about 3 weeks now so hopefully more requests should come through.

I hope you enjoyed .

Sorry for any spelling errors.

Comment, request, subscribe.

See you in the next chapter