She's a what?!

My Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: She's a what?!

 

"You're kidding me right?" I said in disbelief. At this point in time, there was a serious chance that my eyeballs were going to pop.

 

"What do you think? Do I look imposing?"

 

I stared at her twin peaks of awesomeness, which heaved as she talked. "Yes..." I answered dryly.

 

"I still think that the jacket's not tight enough..." she mumbled as she pulled the sides of her jacket. The twin peaks looked like they were about to erupt anytime.

 

I covered my eyes in horror. "Stop tugging at your jacket Hyo! Otherwise I'm going get you for ual harassment!"

 

"If you want to do something, you have to do it with a bomb!"

 

I tried not to roll my eyes. "It's aplomb, Hyo." Seriously, has spending so much time in Korea weakened your grasp of the English language?

 

I should probably explain a little here. Meet Kim Hyoyeon, Korean and a dancer, who happens to be my best friend.

 

Presently she stood in front of me, wearing a dark green military-style jacket over a white tee. She will be competing to a dance battle show that will start later on.

 

"I think 'a bomb' sounds better," she sniffed.

 

"Anyway, here is your ID pass!" she said as she magically appeared in front of me.

 

My eyeballs bulged again. What is this?

 

"I never said I was going!"

 

"You’ll come."

 

"I refuse."

 

"Then I'll make you."

 

I snorted in reply. As if!

 

Fifteen minutes later, I was already on their dressing room. What choice did I have, I was living in her apartment. And the laws of nature dictated that you're at the mercy of your landlord (especially when you're staying for free).

 

I sat on the couch as I look this way and that to see some busy people around the room preparing for everything before the show starts.

 

"You look great." I commented

 

"Ah, Thanks Soo." Hyoyeon said and smile.

 

"Well... I’m a little bit nervous..." Her voice trailed off.

 

I quirked an eyebrow, "Ah, don’t be like that, you’re known as the dancing queen right?"

 

Hyoyeon smiled widely as soon as she heard on what I have said.  You know, I’m not that kind of bully bestfriend always, I can be sweet like this.

 

Hours later…

 

I shan't say too much about what happened thereafter, except that Hyoyeon really did a great job there. Her dancing skills are amazing, the performance was great. My smile suddenly went  wide as soon as she looked at my direction and wave happily on the stage. I’m kinda proud of her.

 

 

"Urgh. My poor feet." I collapsed into the large cushy sofa at the corner of the cafe.

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes while her friend, Seohyun, merely smiled.

 

Hyoyeon met Seohyun at one of her dance events, and the latter became one of her closest friends in Korea. I won't say I know Seohyun very well, since I've only been in Seoul for a grand total of 10 days, but she's polite, considerate, and somewhat shy. I like her.

 

Though more than that, I like the funny reaction I get from Hyoyeon whenever I tease Seohyun.

 

"What would you like to have, Sooyoung-ssi?"

 

"Aww Seo, please call me Sooyoung!" I wrapped one arm around her shoulder. "I'll have whatever you are having." Couple that with a mischievous grin and...

 

"Sooyoung!" Hyoyeon's face was even redder than the supposed victim.

 

Geez, Hyo.

 

"I'm just being friendly. Right, Seo?"

 

Seohyun smiled widely and nodded her head bashfully before scurrying off to make the orders.

 

Hyoyeon shot me another look of admonishment, but she quickly regained her merry mood.

 

"So, have you managed to contact your cousin yet?"

 

I groaned. The reason why I'm in Korea? To get my dear cousin to move back to the States in time to attend her mother's wedding – or to put it more accurately, her mother's wedding to her new stepdad.

 

Of course, I'm fully aware that that's only part of the reason why my mom decided that I should spend my summer vacation in Korea.

 

One lazy Sunday afternoon, my mom decided to "sit me down". And I knew it. The current hot topic: Sooyoung’s social life (or the lack thereof).

 

"Darling…"

 

Oh dear. It's never anything good when she uses the D-word.

 

"I need you to go to Korea to get your cousin back in time for the wedding…"

 

"At the same time, it'll be nice if you can get in touch with your roots..."

 

"Make more friends..."

 

Alright, So I don't really have many friends. I blame it on my parents though. As my dad is a businessman of sorts we've been moving from place to place all my life. We've never stopped long enough for me to get to know people better, and eventually I didn't even want to try. And somehow I’ve been helping them with the business. Hyoyeon is my best friend only because she literally stormed her way into my heart, like she was laying siege to a castle. That is, of course, another story for another time.

 

"Who knows, you might finally meet that person of your dreams."

 

At this point I noted my mom didn't even confine said person to the opposite . I guess she was really getting desperate.

 

I haven't been in a relationship before. No giddy spells, no chest aches, no little butterflies treating my stomach as a garden. Nope, Nothing. My mom claims that I'm too "detached", but I really don't think it's a big deal? I'm perfectly happy with the way li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter