Double Trouble

My Personal Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

Oh my gawd, I just realized that it’s been a month since my last update, aigoo I’m sorry. I am just veryyy busy 😅

Anyways, Thank you for your loooooong patience, I know you’ve been waiting and I’m sorry for that. 😅

So, to reward you, here’s an update for you.

Now, start scrolling and enjoy reading!! 😘

 

Chapter 11: Double trouble

 

"We're here."

 

"Thanks," I mumbled. Jessica had already slid open the door and jumped out of the van.

 

I yawned as I stumbled after her. It's much too early in the day to be shopping, in my humble opinion. Yep, Jessica is picking out some outfits today, and I've been "selected" by Taeyeon to accompany her. I knew better though.

 

I adjusted my ray-bans. The sun was already getting to me, although it was barely 9 am.

 

That's right, 9 am. What shop opens at this time, you ask? Well, being a superstar has its perks, which includes having the place open earlier just so that you can shop in peace – alone.

 

I stifled another yawn as we made our way across the car park. Jessica walked in front of me, wearing a t-shirt instead of her usual tank top. It was a nice change; I was beginning to suspect whether she had anything else in her wardrobe at all. On my part, I had decided on an off-shoulder cotton top and cropped jeans to keep me cool in this sweltering heat.

 

We went into the lift. She silently punched a button on the lift panel while I scrunched my shoulders and leaned groggily against the metal wall. The silence remained as the car moved. That's the thing about lifts. It's always too awkward to talk.

 

A bright ding signaled that we have arrived. I opened my eyes, and caught the girl snapping her head away.

 

Has she been staring at me?

 

She stepped out of the lift without a word and I could only follow her.

 

On reaching the entrance of the clothing store, two smartly dressed gentlemen standing on either side pulled the large glass doors open with a bow. We were then greeted by two smiling staff and shown around the place, which resembled an art gallery more than a store.

 

Jessica slowly strode down the aisles, sometimes pausing to check out the clothes. If she showed the faintest sign of interest, the staff would immediately remove the item from the rack and bring it to the changing room so that she can try it on later.

 

This process continued for about thirty minutes before I concluded that I was incredibly bored.

 

I wandered off on my own, and was drifting aimlessly around the boutique when I stopped in my tracks.

 

Hmm?

 

After approaching the rack to take a closer look, I tugged the hanger out and made my way surreptitiously to the changing room, where I hung it on the wall with the rest of the clothes. She's trying on so many pieces; one more wouldn't matter, right?

 

Then, the fashion show began.

 

I waited in the lounge area outside the changing room as Jessica tried on various outfits. Each time she stepped out from the room, I would either give a thumbs up or a frown. After the gazillions outfit, however, I started feeling restless. Don't be mistaken, the girl looked good in practically everything she wore. It's just that they lacked, you know, err, some sizzle? Eventually I became so lethargic I went from sitting to slouching to downright slumping on the couch.

 

Nevertheless, there came a certain piece which commanded my full attention.

 

There was the sound of curtains being drawn, and Jessica emerged hesitantly from the room.

 

I sat up slowly.

 

It was the halter neck dress which I had snuck into the changing room. It was probably shorter than what she was used to, as she kept tugging at the edges of the skirt.

 

I gave a whistle and drawled, "… y."

 

Crimson instantly flooded her cheeks. She was about to scurry back into the changing room when I quickly stood up and grabbed her hand.

 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Let me take a good look at you please?" I said, holding her bare shoulders and turning her this way and that. She turned even redder but allowed me to admire the view. As suspected, the silky material, draped elegantly, hugging her curves in all the right places. To merely say that she was stunning would be a kind of injustice.

 

I was about to speak, but someone beat me to it.

 

"I apologize for not welcoming you earlier, Jessica-ssi."

 

That voice…?

 

I spun around to see an extremely handsome man standing before us. He was immaculately dressed in an expensive-looking black suit, his posture relaxed yet full of poise.

 

As he stared at me, his eyes widened. "Is that—Is that you, Sooyoung?" he exclaimed in English.

 

"Donghae?"

 

The next moment, I found myself in a bear hug.

 

"It's really you!" he exclaimed again as he tightened his grip on me.

 

"A—ah, Do—Donghae?"

 

"I ca—can't breathe…"

 

"Oh I'm so sorry!" he said as he hurriedly let go of me.

 

"It's okay," I said as I flashed him a warm smile.

 

He took a step backwards and gave me the once-over, though not in a creepy manner.

 

"My god, Sooyoung," he said in an awestruck tone, "you're—you're all gorgeous—"

 

"I'm still the same, Donghae," I quickly interrupted him. I've always found it exceedingly awkward when people discuss my looks. "A pair of eyes, one nose and one mouth."

 

"But on the other hand, time has really been good to you," I continued as I punched his rock-hard shoulder playfully. "Look at you! All hunky now, huh?"

 

He waved his hand at me in embarrassment.

 

There was coughing sound. Donghae turned towards Jessica at once.

 

"Ah, Jessica-ssi, please forgive me," he said quickly to the girl, who was watching him with folded arms, one eyebrow raised. Then something struck him. His gaze darted back and forth between Jessica and me.

 

"Sooyoung?"

 

"I'm her personal assistant," I replied, guessing his confusion. "It's a reeeaaally long story, so I'll tell you some other time."

 

Donghae broke into a broad smile. "I see. Let me have your number later then, we should catch up."

 

"Sure thing."

 

He turned his attention back to Jessica, only to see the girl stepping into the changing room. But not before closing the door with more force than necessary.

 

What was that about?

 

I exchanged perplexed looks with Donghae. Nevertheless, we decided that this was as good a time as to talk.

 

"So Donghae, how have you been? We haven't seen each other!"

 

"Yes, it's been years. Oh, let me pass you my business card."

 

He retrieved a classy silver card holder from the front pocket of his jacket and handed a card to me.

 

I raised my eyebrows as I flipped the card over. "So, you’re the owner of this clothing store aaand this mall? That's really cool!"

 

"Yah! I should be the one be amazed here, you are—ah"

 

"No, Not here Donghae." I interrupted.

 

"Ohh, Sorry about that"

 

"It’s okay" I smiled.

 

"So Donghae," I asked, wriggling my eyebrows, "…met someone special yet?"

 

At this, the shy Donghae finally resurfaced and he fidgeted. "Well—"

 

We were alerted to the sound of rapid footsteps.

 

"I'm taking these," Jessica said gruffly as she shoved a pile of clothes to Donghae. She then pivoted on the balls of her feet and stomped out of the boutique as fast as she came.

 

"It's alright," I reassured Donghae when I saw the worried look on his face. We went to the counter, where the staff packed the items neatly in fancy paper bags. There was no need for me to pay as the bill would be sent directly to K-Talents.

"Hey, where's that piece I got for her?" I muttered when I realized that Jessica hadn't included it in the pile. Strange, I thought she liked it? Oh well.

 

I strode back to the changing room to fetch the dress and the staff packed it in with the rest of the clothes.

 

Having declined Donghae’s offer to help, I fumbled with six large paper bags as I made my way to the car park. When I approached the black van, Ice Princess was already seated inside. She stared gloomily out of the window even as I boarded the van, ignoring the fact that I was struggling with the paper bags.

 

Geez.

 

The van soon went on its merry way. Ice Princess continued to stare adamantly out of the window, clearly intent on giving me the cold treatment (pun absolutely intended). The atmosphere was such that the driver kept giving me "what's going on?" looks through the rear view mirror. I could only shrug and mouth "how the heck should I know?"

 

Finally, the van pulled into the porch of her apartment block. I lugged the six paper bags, cursing under my breath as to why such skimpy pieces of cloth can weigh so much. But then, there were many skimpy pieces of cloth.

 

My arms were aching by the time we reached her doorstep. She opened the door and I quietly followed her into the apartment. I placed the bags beside the large leather sofa in the living room and surveyed my surroundings.

 

It was the first time I've been to her place.

 

The house was spacious and natural light flowed in from the full-length windows. It was simply but tastefully furnished, with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter