Chapter 9 (2011)

Reservations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu could never let go of the moment that he crushed Woohyun’s underneath him. The very next day, he watched from his library window Woohyun sitting on the team’s bench in a cast and holding on to a crutch, looking forlorn at his teammates on the field. The glass window was making the differences in their worlds extremely obvious to Sunggyu.

He stayed on that seat for the whole season.

The beauty of unsaid routines was that it took chemistry and understanding to do something with each other in perfect complementary steps.

The sadness of unsaid routines, was that if one person breaks it, the other had no promise to protest with, no allegations to throw.
So when Sunggyu started avoiding Woohyun in his last semester by leaving the library early, excusing himself from usual duty hours, Woohyun couldn’t articulate the fear in him.

The fear that he would lose Sunggyu forever.

They both knew that honestly, the injury didn’t really matter. He might need to skip a couple of seasons since it was an aggravated old wound, but it definitely wasn't lifelong. What hurt most, was Sunggyu seeing Woohyun lose his smile in soccer. What pained most, was Woohyun knowing how hard Sunggyu blamed himself, but he couldn’t do all nothing to tell him it was alright. His very appearance was enough to recreate that moment of impact, only that the person crushed this time would be Sunggyu.
Love in Sunggyu’s final college year was an unfinished poem of absent goodbyes. The only times he met Woohyun, were to pass him his book reservations, or when Woohyun decided to sleep in the library room since he couldn’t practice soccer anyway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter