Chapter 10 (2016)

Reservations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been an hour since the library opened and there’s barely anyone who dropped by. Sunggyu had successfully bullied the new library intern Myungsoo into taking over counter duties for him while he tried taking a nap in the room behind the counter, wrapping himself in the scarf Howon found. It was a habit he never kicked.

The night guard Howon’s disturbance the previous night had left him sleepless throughout the past 4 hours, and he was dead tired but finding it terribly hard to fall asleep again. He took out a book from his bag. More accurately, it was a vandalised library book turned into a box. He started counting a stack of papers to attempt to fall asleep. It was his version of counting sheep each night.
His eyelids were drooping by the time he reached 123, when Myungsoo stuck his head into the room and piped, “Sunggyu-sshi, the owner is back to retrieve that scarf. I’m letting him in to collect it. Hope you didn’t drool all over it.” He sniggered.

“Yah! Go do your duty and don’t lecture your hyung.”

There were two doors to the back room. One facing the counter, which was where Myungsoo accessed. That was for staff members. Behind Sunggyu was another entrance meant for returning customers to collect lost items. Sunggyu was rehearsing his lines, over and over, how he might explain the drool on the scarf.

Though sometimes, you can try to rehearse for the same scene over and over again, but it’ll never turn out the way you meant for it to happen.

Behind the door that Sunggyu opened, was the familiar air of a certain perfume. He must have rehearsed this scene over and over in his head for the longest time. Though it wasn’t supposed to be like that.

The younger barely changed, perhaps less of the boyish fluster and more of a mature flair. He was just as tan as his soccer days back in college. His shocked expression, though, were still as endearingly cute, and had eyes that still twinkled at the sight of Sunggyu.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

Woohyun stepped into the room cautiously.

“I er….left my scarf here the other day.”

Probably when Sunggyu was not on duty then?

“Oh, right.” Sunggyu was clutching on to the scarf that he had hastily folded, not handing it over.

“Why are you here?”

Woohyun was not any more focused in the conversation than Sunggyu was, and he was startled by the question.

“Huh?”

“I mean, why aren’t you in Seoul?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter