Chapter 7 (2016)

Reservations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu woke up with a start at the sound of a loud noise in the fiction section of the library. He blinked away tear drops at the corners of his eyes as he opened them.

On nights like this when Sunggyu stayed back after library hours, he quite enjoyed being alone in his natural habitat. Given his results in college, he easily landed himself in this job as a senior librarian in a public library. At his hometown, Jeonju.

Not Seoul.

It was a small library, quite far out, and traffic flow was not high. It was the library of his dreams, almost like a place of retirement for an old man.

His habit of sleeping in piles of books in the room behind the library never changed. It’s just that the scent of the library was different; smelled more of home, yet less of love.

Maybe it’s more beautiful when you realise, you found love in a place away from home?

At the present moment though, Sunggyu was alert and scanning the dark library. Walking towards the area where he heard the sound, he found himself at the 13th aisle at the fiction shelves. The night guard, Lee Howon, was picking up a few books he accidentally knocked off.

It took him a while to realise Sunggyu was staring at him, watching him quietly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter