Chapter 40

Rain On Me

I woke up early on Saturday morning, but only because Edward jumped onto my bed, yelling for me to wake up. I grabbed a pillow and tossed it at him.

 

Shut up. Let me sleep. Go wake up Rani first.” I grumbled, turning away from him. I felt the pillow drop on me and the bed shift as Edward moves.

 

Girl, do you have any idea how ing scary it is to wake that girl up. No. We have to get you fed, your hair did, makeup did, in your dress, and out the door!” Edward exclaimed, tossing the blankets away from me before I could even cling onto them. “Up, up, up!” Edward lifted me up and shoved me off the bed. I screamed before I ended up sprawled out on the floor.

 

Let’s go! Sooyoung has breakfast for you ready and the hairstylist will be here soon. You still need to shower but put your shower cap on that she gave you.” Edward hoisted me off the floor and I began to wonder when he got so strong.

 

Edward dragged me out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. I saw that Sooyoung eonni had made me a breakfast that consisted of diced fruit, egg whites, a slice of toast, and some cottage cheese.

 

“Your mother sent me a menu of what you can and can’t eat because she doesn’t want you to look bloated.” Sooyoung eonni rolled her eyes as she placed the plate in front of me. I smiled at her and thanked her for the breakfast anyways. I’m glad it was light since I was feeling anxious and didn’t think I could hold anything heavy.

 

“Thank you, eonni. I’ll eat it well.” I smiled a meek smile, picking up the fork to eat some fruit.

 

I was only able to get a few bites of everything before my stomach felt like it was churning and I was about to throw up. I excused myself from the table and hurried over to the downstairs bathroom, passing Rani who was coming down the stairs. Flipping the lid open just in time to throw up into the toilet. I threw up what I had for breakfast and my late night snack. As I was throwing up, I felt hands grab my hair and hold it up for me.

 

Oh god, this is disgusting.” Thanks Edward, I didn’t know how gross throwing up was.

 

When I was done, I reached up and flushed the toilet, moving my face away and pulling the lid down at the same time so I didn’t get splashed with toilet water. Edward handed me a napkin that he had probably brought from the kitchen. I used the napkin to wipe away what might have been around my mouth before tossing it into the trash can. Rani—who was the one who held my hair—helped me up and I quickly pulled out a bottle of mouth wash from underneath the sink, rinsing my mouth to get the vomit taste out.

 

“Ugh, that was disgusting.” I groaned once I had rinsed my mouth.

 

Are you pregnant? I know you and Yoonsan are doing it so you could be pregnant. Are you?” I rolled my eyes at Edward.

 

It’s not morning sickness. I’m just nervous for today.

 

How much you want to bet she’s pregnant?” Edward turned to Rani, ignoring me.

 

Oh, you’re on. 20 bucks says she’s been pregnant for more than a month.” Rani said.

 

30 she’s only been pregnant for a couple weeks.” Edward and Rani shook hands and I just shook my head. I walked out the restroom and back to the kitchen to assure Sooyoung eonni that I’m fine since I knew she would be worried.

 

“Miss Eunjung, are you alright? Was the fruit bad?” I shook my head, smiling at Sooyoung eonni.

 

“Everything was fine, eonni. I’m just nervous about today. I’m sorry I worried you.” I apologized just as Edward and Rani came into the kitchen.

 

“She’s pregnant.” Edward said.

 

“I knew it.” Sooyoung eonni muttered. I felt my eyes widen and jaw drop.

 

“Eonni! I’m not pregnant!” I exclaimed. Sooyoung eonni giggled and patted my head.

 

“Sure you’re not.” Sooyoung eonni said.

 

“Don’t we have to get my makeup done or something?” I grumbled, trying to get away from this pregnancy talk.

 

Oh ! Right! The other girls will be coming so I can do their makeup too so I want your face done before they show up. Let’s go!” And with that, thankfully, Edward was dragging me back up to my room while Rani stayed behind so she could eat breakfast.

 

When my makeup was done, the hairstylist and my bridesmaids were here. The hairstylist go to work on my hair while Edward got to work on the other girls with the help of Rani. Edward also made it a point to tell them that I was “pregnant” which immediately caused an argument over who was going to be the godmother of the child…that I wasn’t even pregnant with.

 

I’m just nervous about today. Can’t a girl be nervous about her own wedding?” I wondered.

 

Not when you and your hubby have been having unprotected .” Megan laughed.

 

I’m done with every single last one of you, oh my god.” I muttered, opening Instagram on my phone.

 

When we were all done with our hair and makeup, the girls changed into their dresses and then helped me with mine then we just had to wait for Edward and Rani to do their makeup and hair and to get dressed. The limo that was rented for today arrived just as Edward was putting on his shoes and Rani her earrings.

 

Let’s go and get you hitched!” Edward exclaimed. I smiled a meek smile, still trying to calm my nerves.

 

We arrived to a hotel and a staff member led us to a room that was set up for us to wait. We had an hour until the ceremony began so Edward and the hairstylist used that time to do some last minute touch ups. My phone had been taken from me so I wasn’t able to send Yoonsan a text. I wish I was though because I feel like I wouldn’t be as nervous.

 

“Eunjung, we need your bridesmaids to start lining up.” Sera popped her head into the room, looking official with a headset and clipboard.

 

“Okay.” My bridesmaids all gave me a hug and wished me luck before getting their boquets and following Sera out. Rani left with them while Edward stayed with me for a couple minutes more, giving me a hug and kissing the top of my head.

 

You look gorgeous, you really do. I know everything hasn’t gone according to your plan, but I just want you to know how proud you’ve made me.” I felt my eyes start to well up with tears and I quickly got a tissue to dab them away.

 

Thank you, Eddie. You’ve been there for me for so much. I don’t know how I would’ve dealt with everything without you by my side.” I gave him a tight hug but careful to not wrinkle his shirt.

 

“Eunjung, you’re going to need to start heading out there.” Sera came back. I let out a shakey breath before turning to the mirror and making sure my makeup was fine.

 

Don’t worry, I used waterproof everything!” Edward stated.

 

Sera led me to the ballroom where the ceremony was going to be and I saw Yoonsan waiting for me for us to walk down together. It took a lot for me to not run to him, I was so happy. Junhyuk had come over in the morning and forced Yoonsan to leave with him because ‘It was bad luck for the groom to see the bride a day before the wedding.’ So while he took Yoonsan, he left Rani with me so that I didn’t go and look for Yoonsan. It was fun, hanging out with Rani, but I missed him a lot and it felt weird not seeing him for so long.

 

“Hi.” He smiled at me as I reached him.

 

“Hi.” I couldn’t help but smile back, wanting nothing more to just reach up and kiss him but Sera just told us to begin walking down just as the music started. Yoonsan held his arm out for me to hold on to and the two of us walked down the aisle to the front where the Vice President of my father’s company was standing. He was chosen to officiate our wedding and I had nothing against it really. Him and his wife had lost their only child in a car accident and he had always been kind to me so when my parents told us that he would officiate our wedding, I didn’t complain.

 

The ceremony went by nicely. The Vice President spoke about how he’s practically seen me grow up—which he has—and hoped Yoonsan and I had a happy marriage. That was just the jist of it since I had a hard time paying attention. I was focusing too much on not throwing up because this nerves were kicking my . Thankfully though, I didn’t have to run to the restroom to puke even when the ceremony ended. Food was served and Yoonsan and I went around, thanking everyone for coming, saying hi to coworkers of our parents and other business people from our parents companies. We got stopped for selcas though by Youtuber friends of Edward’s and Megan’s and Joan’s and Sunny’s. I had met them all when Edward would force me to hangout to give me a break from my studies and they had all been so kind and we got along well so I didn’t see any problem in inviting them. They all praised my makeup—which Edward would quickly shout that he was the one who did it—and the dress and just praising how grown up I looked. I also got stopped for pictures by my teachers and some classmates that I had invited. Kangjun’s parents even came as well because I had sent an invite to both them and Kangjun but they told me that Kangjun was already in the states and wasn’t able to come. I got a picture with them too. Rani had even come up to me some time during the night with her phone to show me that she was video calling Angie. Angie had wished Yoonsan and I the best and she was sorry that she couldn’t have come to the wedding but promised an amazing gift. Rani told us to not expect much after Angie hung up.

 

Finally, it was time to cut the cake and for Yoonsan and I to do the couple’s toast. Edward threatened Yoonsan that if he pushed the cake in my face, he was going to castrate him because Edward didn’t want my makeup ruined. Yoonsan and I fed each other cake and then picked up our glasses for the toast.

 

.” I heard Rani mutter before my champaign glass was taken out of my hand and was placed with another champaign glass that had water instead. “You can never be too safe.” I saw the confused look on Yoonsan’s face as we did the toast. While everyone clapped for us, I leaned closer to him.

 

“I’m not sure if I’m pregnant or if it’s nerves but I’ve been feeling nauseous and I threw up this morning.” I saw Yoonsan’s eyes widen before pulling me in for a kiss.

 

“If you’re pregnant, you have no idea how happy I would be.” He said when we broke apart. The claps had gotten louder and some began to whistle when we kissed. I smiled at his statement and a part of me began to hope that I was pregnant as well.

 

The next couple of weeks after the wedding were extremely busy for both Yoonsan and I. Yoonsan got busy with the now merged companies and my mother and Mina were taking me out everyday to meet up with their friends and socialize with them and their daughters. The day after the wedding, Yoonsan had made it a point to keep me occupied so I wouldn’t think about how I was missing registration and orientation for college. I was touched by this, but I still thought about at the very back of my mind. The day of my birthday, we both had a down day and that was also the day I was finally able to take a pregnancy test to see if I was actually pregnant. I grabbed the stick off the counter once the time was up and looked at the test. I did a double take to be sure before dropping the test into the trash can. I washed my hands before walking out the bathroom of the master bedroom that Yoonsan and I had moved into the night of the wedding. Literally, when we got home after the wedding, all our belongings had been moved into the master bedroom.

 

“So? What is it? Are you…” I bit my lip, looking down to avoid the hopeful look in Yoonsan’s eyes.

 

“No, not pregnant.” I heard Yoonsan sigh before I felt him pull me into a hug.

 

“It’s okay, jagiya, we’re young, we have plenty of time.” He lifted my head up so that I was looking at him.

 

“Some birthday present that was.” I pouted, trying to fight the tears that were building up. Since the wedding, the hope of being pregnant grew, I had even found myself wandering to the baby section in the stores and looking at everything.

 

“Don’t worry jagi. Now, let’s go get started on your birthday day. Anything and everything that you want, is yours today.” I giggled as Yoonsan grabbed my hand and pulled me out of our bedroom.

 

As we got closer to the stairs, I got a sharp, like, really sharp pain in my head. It felt like something hit me. The pain was so sharp and sudden that I fell to the floor, crying out at the pain. I had yanked my hand away from Yoonsan so I could clutch my head.

 

“Eunjung!” I lost my vision and I panicked. I tried calling out to Yoonsan but the pain made it hard for me to do anyting. I could hear Yoonsan call out to me before picking me up and calling out to Sooyoung eonni to call the hospital. Just as I felt the cool breeze from outside hit my face, I fully lost consciousness.


A/N My format is messed up because my internet didn't update the chapter so when I went to reupdate...that format was messed up and I'm too lazy. Anyways, questions will be answered and I love you all!