Chapter 9

It's Not Over

My head was pounding like never before. I wanted so badly to get up but I was afraid if I moved it would either hurt more or I would throw up.

I slowly opened my eyes. When I had my eyes wide open I found that I was not in my own room.

This room was poorly lighted, the curtains weren’t drawn and u can barely even see outside of the window.

I made my way towards the bathroom. I washed my face and looked at my reflection.

I swear from this day I will never drink again, not even for holidays. I looked a mess.

I walked out of the restroom and made my way back into the room I came out of. I noticed there was a glass of water and a pill. I figured it was meant for me, so I took it. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out again.

I was having the strangest dreams.

I had a dream the NamJoon was at the hospital, in the waiting room, crying. s tried comforting him but all I heard him repeat over and over was that it was his fault and that he should’ve gone when he knew something was wrong.

The next dream was of my parents and my brother talking about how proud they are of who I was and how much they’d miss me if I was gone. My dad kept telling me to hurry up and get married, my mom was crying because she was afraid of losing me, and lastly my brother had the widest smile on his face and threatened to break the guy’s face that ever gave me a broken heart.

I could hear someone talking. The voices sounded familiar.

“Did you get what I told you to get?” Guy #1 said.

“Yea. How long is he going to have us wait? Doesn’t he know we got something for ourselves to do?” Guy #2 said.

“I don’t know. Let’s just do this real quick.” Guy #1 said. He was still talking but I couldn’t hear anything as I fall back to sleep.

I noticed in between these dreams I was in and out of consciousness. One minute I recall laying in a bedroom and the next I notice that I am in a moving vehicle. I couldn’t tell if it was real or it was just a dream.

When I woke up, I found myself in a different room then before. I noticed the room was very elegant and looked a bit expensive. I got up and looked around the room. Trying to figure exactly how I got here and what happened last night. That’s when I remembered I was waiting for a call back from NamJoon.

I went in search of my phone and to no avail, I couldn’t find it. I couldn’t even find my purse.

Maybe I didn’t bring it with me I thought to myself.

I searched for the phone in the room but I couldn’t find one anywhere; the living room, or the kitchen. I got up and made my way to the door. So I could go back to my house with my roommates. I should really call NamJoon and let him know that I am ok.

I found my shoes and put them back on and grabbed my jacket that was sitting on the desk by the door.

As I opened the door, I felt someone pull me back and put a cloth over my mouth.

“I’m sorry,” the voice said.