Chapter 4

It's Not Over

"KangJun,” NamJoon said.

He pulled me behind him, so that I was out of KangJuns reach.

“If it isn’t my old neighbor. Have you been watching over my girl for me?” KangJun said, giving us his wide creepy smile.

“She’s not your girl anymore.” NamJoon said.

“Oh, really now? She seemed happy to see me a few days ago,” He said shaking his head, “It seems you have been misinformed. I’m pretty sure she told me we were going to be together forever.”

He took a step closer, while NamJoon and I took a few steps back.

“You will return what belongs to me. It’s not right to steal another man’s girl.” KangJun said, as he roughly grabbed ahold of my arm.

“Let her go. She isn’t property you can claim as yours.” NamJoon said, as he took my arm back from him, “and the last time I checked she was my girl.”

NamJoon and I quickly walked back to the car before KangJun could do anything else.

Once we got in the car, we speed off in the opposite direction.

“Are you ok?” he asked me.

“Yes, I’m ok. My arm hurts a bit but I think I’ll live.” I said. I looked at my arm and seen a little bruise that was starting to appear.

“What did he mean when he said you looked happy to see him a few days ago?” NamJoon asked sounding angry.

“I meant to tell you really, I did. I didn’t know how to and I didn’t want you to stress about me at work.” I said.

“You should’ve told me the day it happened. That’s why the dreams were coming back to, right?” he said, as he shook his head already knowing the answer to his question, he hit his hand on the steering wheel in frustration, “Now tell me what happened.”

I told him everything that happened that day I ran into KangJun while on my way home from a run.

“We’re going to have to stay somewhere else for a while. I don’t think it would be safe for us to go home, even if you’re not sure if he knows where we live. Ugh, why is he out and about anyway?”

“I don’t know. I thought he had to stay in the mental hospital.” I said. I continued to look out the window and figured out where we were heading to without asking.

I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep until NamJoon woke me up and informed me that we had made it to our destination.

It was a beautifully gated house on the other side of the city. It also happened to be NamJoon’s parents’ house.

“Did we really have to come here?” I said, while getting out the car.

“It was this, your parents’ house or the dorm.” He said, giving me his i-know-what-you-would’ve-answered face.

“Ahh fine, fine.” I said.

We made our way to the door and waited for someone to answer.

No one answered. So NamJoon reached under the mate and grabbed the spare key.

“Guess we have to let ourselves in.” NamJoon said, as he opened the door.

He opened the door and we made our way inside to the kitchen. There was a note on the counter from his parents.

Our dearest NamJoonie

I and your father have gone to the store.

After you had called us to inform us that you guys were coming

 we decided we should stock up on food so you guys can have

plenty to eat. =)

Be back soon.

<3 Mom

P.S your dad said not to touch his pie.

“Dad and his freaking pie, man.” NamJoon said, opening the fridge to take a look at the only piece of pie in the fridge.

“Don’t do it, boo.” I said, trying to close the fridge so he wouldn’t dare try to.

“Aww, come on babe. He doesn’t need it even if he did he can always make another one.” He said, while pulling the pie out of the fridge and grabbing a fork.

I just shook my head and hoped his dad would walk in to see his son digging in something he shouldn’t be.

A few minutes later we heard a car pulling up. NamJoon got up quick to wash away the evidence to the crime he just committed. We walked out the door to help his parents with the grocery.

“Hello, darling. It’s been a long while since I’ve seen your beautiful face.” His mother said, as she walked past me with groceries in her hands.

“I missed you guys. It’s about time you guys came over.” His dad said, “I can’t wait to eat that pie. I need it so bad.”

I gave NamJoon the uh-oh you better run look.

As we got all the groceries into the house. NamJoon tried steering his dad away from the fridge.

“What did he do this time?” His mom said.

She could always smell something fishy when he started acting weird.

“He ate the pie.” I said while taking out the groceries from the bag.

“Ahh. He’s lucky I always hide another piece just in case.” His mom said, pulling another piece of pie from the back of the fridge.

She knows NamJoon so well, haha.

His mom made something for dinner and when we were done we all made our way to bed for the night. NamJoon and I had to sleep in his bedroom.

“Wahh, what a day!” he said, while stretching. “Ugh. Tomorrows going to be even worse. We have to figure out what to do about this situation.”

He just looked at me and I nodded. I knew he was right and we couldn’t go on pretending like this day never happened. I should have known he was going to find me.