I'll keep that in mind

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Kyo was getting really worried when her calls were not picking up after she tried to call Joong Ki for the 10th times. “Ugh, what is going on with him?” she thought to herself. Aware of her daughter, Mr. Song asked from preparing today’s special orders, “Is everything alright, dear?” But not a single word from his looking really worried daughter. “Ah huh!! Hye Kyo, didn’t you hear what your dad says?” Mrs. Song raised her voice startled Hye Kyo who was just standing next to her mom. “I…I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. What were you asking dad? Do you need my help?” Hye Kyo finally answered. “Geez, what is wrong with my daughter today? She has been acting weird the whole morning.” Mrs. Song said shaking her head. “No, I don’t need your help, dear. I was just asking you if is everything alright since you look really concerned about something today.” Mr. Song gently replied his daughter. Hye Kyo approached her father and said “sorry dad. It is just that I’d been trying to call one of my friends but he hasn’t picked up my calls. I’m just worried because he looked so sick when I last saw him.” Mr. Song stopped what he was doing and looked up his daughter and said “aww, I’m sorry to hear that your friend is sick. I can see you are really worried. Why don’t you call his family to check on him?” Hearing what she just heard from her father, Hye Kyo realized something and said with a hopeful face, “Oh, ya! Why didn’t I think about that?” Mrs. Song joined their conversation and suggested “then, why don’t you call them, dear?” Hye Kyo looked at his mother and replied “I can’t because I don’t know their numbers. But I do know someone who might know what is really going on with my friend. I’ll just reach out to him. Thank you dad! And thank you mom.” As soon as she said what she wanted to say, Hye Kyo disappeared into the locker room leaving her confused parents alone in the shop. “I think she also is sick from her worry. What is going on with my kids these day?” Mrs. Song whined looking at her husband. When Mr. Song was about to say something, they both turned their heads to the voice behind their back “I’ll be gone for a few hour, mom and dad. Don’t wait me for lunch. If anything, just call me. I’ll be right back.” Hye Kyo left after she packed some cake from the counter. She turned back with a smile to look at her parents and said “No worries, here I have my brunch with me, mom!”

 

“Just look at this, yobo. She hasn’t had her breakfast yet and she will probably miss her lunch” Mrs. Song complained. “Haha, nothing is new for me, honey. Our kids, especially Hye Kyo, are always like this. They will always worry for the sick, the needy, and the helpless. And I’m sure, they have gotten this from you. So, why don’t you stop complaining and come help me here?” Mr. Song remarked as he talked to his wife.

 

“Ok, you better have a valid reason to make me drive all the way here, missy” Nari said as soon as Hye Kyo got into her car. After she fasten her seat belt, Hey Kyo turned to her friend and said “Yes, I have a good reason that might probably make you so happy. But first, let me thank you for being here just when I needed you the most. And secondly, yes, I have a reason. It is Joong Ki.”

“Joong Ki!!? Wow! When? How? I knew something is up between you two. And I know this will happen one day, but I didn’t think it will be this soon! I’m so happy for you, my dearest friend.” Nari excitingly yelled startled Hye Kyo even before Hye Kyo finished her sentence.

“Ya! What are you talking about, silly? What is wrong with you, Nari? OMGosh, I can’t believe you.” Hye Kyo retorted looking at her friend who was lost in her looked.

“What? NO? But you said, Joong Ki. I heard it right!” Nari shoot back with a disappointment.

Hye Kyo tried to put up a smile and replied, “Silly, you never let me finish my sentence. Let me finish, but before that please drive me to this address. I’ll detail everything on our way there, ok?”

“Ok, fine.” Nari replied punching in the address on her GPS before she drove off.

 

Hye Kyo started out with yesterday night phone call with Joong Ki but leaving a few private info. “And you are somehow a part of it, so I decided to include you in this,” Hye Kyo said. Taking by surprised, Nari responded “Hey! I didn’t force him to come. It was his own will to come just to check on his soon to be girlfriend even he knew it was raining like crazy!”

“Nari! Stop with the teasing, would you?” Kye Kyo pleaded.

 

The rain just decided to pour out from the cloudy sky while the two friends were on their way to their destination.

 

Nari: “So, tell me what is the plan now? Why am I driving to this address and for what?”

“We are now heading to DOTS Interior Design Company to see Kwang Soo Ssi and ask him about Joong Ki’s situation. And to drop these off with him for Joong Ki” Hye Kyo answered pointing at the bag she has been carrying on her lap during the drive.

Nari: “Wow, you have been prepared. I bet you have everything in that bag including water, am I right?”

Hye Kyo: “How do you know?”

Nari: “We have been friends since high school, Hye Kyo. I have seen you helping people around. You always go beyond their need when it comes to the helpless. But I don’t think Joong Ki is helpless. He at least has clean water to drink. You know that right?”

Hye Kyo was looking at her friend with a proud smile and said “wow, you sure do know me really well, Nari. I’m blessed to be friend with you for real. But for the water thing, he is so sick so he might not be able to get up and get the water when he is thirsty.”

“I can’t believe this” Nari opposed as she was focusing on the street.

 

At DOTS Interior Design Company…..

“Hello, dears! How may I help you with?” a very friendly middle age receptionist greeted Hye Kyo and Nari as soon as they stood in front of the counter.

They both then bowed their head before Hye Kyo said “we are here to see if Kwang Soo Ssi is available to see us for a few minutes please.”

Receptionist: “Oh, no problem dear. Mr. Lee just arrived in the office a few minute ago. Do you have an appointment with him for today?”

Hye Kyo: “I’m sorry, we don’t. We just walked in to see if we could meet with him.”

Receptionist: “Oh, no worries. I can check and see if he is available. May I have you name please?”

Hye Kyo: “I’m Song Hye Kyo and this is Nari.”

Receptionist: “Thank you dear. Please give me a sec, ok?”

Hye Kyo: “Sure, thank you.”

 

Hye Kyo and Nari were enchanted by the charmed decoration of the room while the receptionist was making a call to check.

 

Leaning her back at the counter and looking around the office, Nari complimented “wow, this is really amazing. Not too modernized not too classy.”

“I know, right! They sure do have a good taste of art” Hye Kyo added.

Nari: “No wonder, they are well known for what they do here. Intellect, smart, generous, humble, attractive. You name it, they have it all.”

“Waa, Nari. Please restrain yourself in front of their employees” Hye Kyo reminded her friend since some of the employees were looking at the two of them reactions to the well decorated office.

Nari then turned her focus to Hye Kyo and whispered “All I’m saying is what are you waiting for, my dear friend? If I were you, I’m down to start a brand new life with the perfect man. Tsk tsk tsk… what do you say?”

Hye Kyo pinched Nari’s arm and irritatingly said “What is really wrong with you, Nari! What if people could hear us? It is all my fault to bring you here.”

Before Nari started a word, they both turned back to look around to see since they heard they names were called. “Hye Kyo! Nari!” Kwang Soo greeted walking toward them. As soon as they both saw Kwang Soo, they both bowed to greet him and Hye Kyo apologized “I’m sorry to bother you. I know you might be busy but I have got to see you.”

Kwang Soo: “No worries, Hye Kyo. I’m just glad you two came.”

Nari: “You are? Why? Do you even know why we came to see you?”

“Na.. Nari! I’m sorry Kwang Soo ssi” Hye Kyo stopped her friend feeling troublesome.

Kwang Soo looked at the two friends in front of him and said “haha, it is totally ok with me. I like talking to people like Nari. They always tend to go short to the point.”

Nari looked up the tall man in front of her and smiled and she said “Thank you! You are the best!”

That gave Kwang Soo a good laugh and he replied between laughing “You are welcome, Nari.”

Looking at the two happy people in front of her, Hye Kyo thought to herself “I can’t believe these two” and politely she said “I’m sorry to interrupt but should we start talking about the reason we came here?”

“Oh, that’s true! How inconsiderate of me not having a manner and making you two standing like this. Please let have a seat over there and we can talk” Kwang Soo apologized and leading them to the guest meeting area.

 

As soon as they were seated, Hye Kyo said “I just need your help to check on Joong Ki. I have been trying to call him since in the morning but he hasn’t picked up or called me back either. He looked so sick last night and I’m just worried if he is getting better and any care.”

Kwang Soo looked surprised and asked “What? How did that happen? I mean how do you know Joong Ki is sick? I just found out a few hour ago when I went to his house. I too called him for today important meeting but he didn’t pick up, so I went to his house. Then I found out he is so sick.”

Hye Kyo could feel the heat on her cheeks knowing Kwang Soo was dying to know how she knows.

“You still left your best friend alone knowing he is so sick? Kwang Soo!” Nari bluntly asked making Kwang Soo smile and he replied “of course not. I was going to take him to see the doctor, but he refused to go with me. He said he will be fine after taking some med and getting some sleep. Knowing he is not a fan of seeing a doctor or being in the examination room, I gave up and bought him some med and made sure he feels better before I left.”

“Wait a minute, how do you guys know Joong Ki is sick?” Kwang Soo continued.

Nari grin and looked at Hye Kyo, who was about to reply Kwang Soo, and said “Well, I didn’t know that Joong Ki is sick until Hye Kyo told me on our way here.”

Surprised Kwang Soo then commented with a mischievous face “Wow! So Hye Kyo knew before I knew he is sick. No wonder he didn’t call me last night. I used to be the very first person to know what is going on with my best friend.”

“I guess, you are not his first priority anymore, Mr. Lee” Nari teased earning a pinch on her lap from blushing Hye Kyo.

“I guess, I’m not!” Kwang Soo added making Hye Kyo’s cheeks to the boiling point.

Nari added more fuel to the fire and said “they were talking the whole night and that’s why he got sick from not getting enough sleep plus from the rain.”

“Ouch! That’s hurt, Hye Kyo!” Nari cried out of the pain because this time Hye Kyo intended to pinch her arm really hard.

While listening to the two’s teases, half of Hye Kyo’s thoughts were thinking about how Joong Ki will be surviving by himself, why he is so stubborn to go see a doctor in such a sickness, what if he is not getting any better, and if there someone to take care of him, etc. She kept seeing his sick and weak face from last night FaceTime and all the worries won’t leave her body and soul. She wished she could be Nari who like to be the “short to the point” for this moment and have the courage to ask Kwang Soo about all her concerns, but she dare not to especially while they both were teasing her like this.

 

Kwang Soo noticed how quiet and blushed Hye Kyo was from their teasing, he decided to be a matured Kwang Soo and said “So, you guys didn’t just come here to ask me how Joong Ki is feeling, right? What else do you guys need?”

 

Hye Kyo: “Yes, that is part of our trip to come and see you. So, I hope he is taken care by someone by now and getting better. And I brought these to give it to him. Can you please make time and bring these back and take care of him before he is getting any worse? He looks really sick from last night. I’m just worried since we are part of the reason why he got sick.”

 

Nari continued to explain Kwang Soo the rest of the story why Joong Ki got sick.

Kwang Soo: “Ah, I see. Well, I hope he will get better soon. But from what I have seen, he is not doing so well. He couldn’t even talk to me. All he did was nodding and shaking his head. He just told me to leave to prepare for today meeting. So I left him alone and promised him I would be back when I have time.”

 

Hye Kyo: “Alone? Didn’t you call someone to take care of him?”

 

Nari: “Ya! Like his mother or brother, anyone.”

 

Kwang Soo: “They were the first ones came in my mind, but they are all out of country for a vacation since Min is having a school break. And knowing how pacific my best friend is especially when is sick like this, I dare not to call any of his relatives. It can only be his mom, brother or me. But since he is sick and can’t come to work, I had no other choice but to come to work since we are having an important meeting with our associated contractors around the world.”

“I can’t believe he is still trying to be so pacified and acting like he is so tough in such situation” Hye Kyo mumbled under her breath, but Kwang Soo and Nari heard it anyway and Kwang Soo said “that’s my typical best friend!”

 

“Well then, I’ll be leaving these to you. Please make sure he drinks all the chicken soup and take those medicine. I know you are busy with your meeting but sorry for the trouble we have gotten into you and Joong Ki” Hye Kyo apologized and handed the bag to Kwang Soo.

 

“Oh no! it is not your fault at all. He knows how sensitive he is to the rain but he had chosen to go out anyway. There is no one to blame but himself. He asked for it” Kwang Soo responded noticing how sorry the two people in front of him.

 

“Well, somehow I was the main reason for this, I will just take all the blames here. Or else, my dear friend here will disown me for the trouble I have caused to her Joong Ki” Nari said while looking at her friend with teasing.

 

Hye Kyo gave Nari a “you are unbelievable” looked and said “You are making me to really want to disown you for life, now.”

 

Looking at the two friends in front of him, Kwang Soo said smiling “You two remind me of me and Joong Ki. I think we all can be best friends.”

 

Hye Kyo smiled and said “You are funny, but for now can you please make sure to go back and check on your best friend and please let me know how is he doing. I’ll leave you my number.”

 

“That would be great!” Kwang Soo replied while handing his phone to Hye Kyo to punch in her number.

 

Nari and Hye Kyo stood up and bowed him a goodbye greet before Hye Kyo said “thank you again. We will be leaving then” followed by Nari “see you later. Bye!”

 

They both started to walk out from the building and heading toward where they parked. While they were walking Nari looked at her still worried friend and asked “Hye Kyo ya, he will be fine. We did our best to show how sorry we are. And I’m sorry for making you worry too.”

 

Hye Kyo finally looked at her friend and said “good that you know you are responsible for it. So next time, think carefully before you act, ok? You are off the hood for now, but next time I do not guarantee my forgiveness.”

 

Nari wrapped around Hye Kyo’s shoulder and happily she said “I don’t want to give you any promise, but I will try my best!”

 

Hye Kyo smiled and replied “Try me again and you will know the feeling of being disowned by your friend.”

 

“I’m scared! Well, I’m hungry now. I haven’t even had my breakfast when you called. Can we please go eat something?” Nari asked.

 

Hye Kyo: “Sounds good to me. It is on me. Because you took care of the driving part, I will take care of the food.”

 

Nari: “Sweet!”

 

The two friends stopped walking while they heard their name were called. They both looked back to see Kwang Soo was running toward where they were standing. As soon as Kwang Soo reached in front of them, he said “I’m sorry. I want to ask you guys a big favor if you guys will.”

 

Looking at the exhausted Kwang Soo from running, Nari joked “well, it depends on what kind of favor you are asking, Sr. cause this girl hasn’t even had her breakfast yet” pointing to herself.  Hye Kyo elbowed her friend and said “Nari! Stop it. Yes, Kwang Soo ssi. What do you need? We can try to help if it is we are able of.”

Kwang Soo: “Oh, I’m sure you are able, Hye Kyo. And don’t worry Nari. You will get to eat soon.”

Nari: “Ok then, what is it that you need help with?”

Kwang Soo: “I was just thinking while you guys were leaving that if you two lovely ladies can go and check on my best friend. I know, I’m asking you too much since you guys already bought all the stuffs, drove all the way here in concern and making sure Joong Ki is alright. But I just realized I won’t be able to get out until late in the evening with the meeting follow with the dinner with our contractors. So, would you please help me checking up on Joong Ki. I don’t want to leave him so long without care.”

 

As soon as Kwang Soo stopped talking, Nari just came up with the best idea in her own and confirmed hiding something sneaky idea behind her head “Of course, we can Kwang Soo ssi. As bad as we feel for what we have done to Joong Ki, we have no problem checking up on him.”

 

Hye Kyo taken by surprised on Nari’s replied and she said “but, I believe Joong Ki is so pacific about who takes care of him when he is sick. So I don’t think it would be ok for him if we go. Right, Kwang Soo ssi?”

 

Kwang Soo, for a moment, regretted what he had said about Joong Ki being picky for choosing his nurse, but he put up an exceptional face and replied “believe me Hye Kyo. You would be the one he just needed especially in his sickness.” Hye Kyo wasn’t expected that kind of respond from Kwang Soo. She knew that Kwang Soo knew Joong Ki was attractive to her, but she wasn’t ready for that kind of friendly joke from Kwang Soo. Nari liked what she just heard and she added “what Kwang Soo meant was that it is best if we go since no one is there to take care of him. Right, Kwang Soo?”

 

Knowing he went over the line with his joke, Kwang Soo bowed his head to apologize and said “I’m sorry. Yes, what Nari said was right.” Kwang Soo indeed started to worry about his best friend. After Hye Kyo and Nari left from the building, he went up to his office to check on Joong Ki. Before he left Joong Ki’s house, he asked Joong Ki to turn on his private security camera which he has set up in his bed room. It was just to make sure in case Joong Ki needs urgent help. Kwang Soo just saw an empty bed when he checked on his computer, so he tried to call Joong Ki’s cell and home phone. He started to panic when there was no replied after he tried several times. And the meeting would be starting in a few minutes, so he decided to ask Hye Kyo and Nari’s help.

 

Hye Kyo looked at Kwang Soo and noticed he was really worried for his friend. Then she agreed to go saying “In this case, we can help. Don’t worry about him and just focus on your important meeting, Kwang Soo ssi.” Nari smiled and said “that’s my girl!” earning a look from Hye Kyo.

 

“Well, you won’t even know how much I appreciate your help ladies. You two not only saving Joong Ki life, you also saving our company’s life” Kwang Soo sincerely said. And he continued “here is his address and the security passcode for the entry. Please call me if anything. I’ll have my cell with me during the meeting. And here is your goodie bag for Joong Ki.” handing everything to Hye Kyo.

After the two left, Kwang Soo remember to tell them about how he didn’t see Joong Ki in his bed nor call him. When he was about to call one of them to let them know the situation, he was stopped by his manager calling “Mr. Lee, everything and everyone is ready. We are waiting for you Sir.” He then thought to himself “well, they will find out when they get there.” With that he left for the meeting.

 

 

“This is it!” Nari yelled as soon as they stopped in front of Joong Ki’s elegantly modernized home. Hye Kyo observed the one story home and made a note of how Joong Ki can go from so simple to complex. While her mind was wondering around looking at the house, Hye Kyo also noticed how rapid her heart was beating. Joong Ki has that kind of effect on her. She was just so thankful that she wasn’t here alone but with Nari. The thought of Nari brought her back to the reality and she looked at her friend who has been staring at her and she asked out of insecurity “What are you staring at me like this, Nari?”

Nari grain and replied “well, I’m waiting for you dear. You haven’t said anything yet ever since we got here. Are you ok? You look like a cute lost puppy.”

 

“I’m fine. I just feel a little nervous and weird” Hye Kyo answered.

 

Nari: “Why is that?”

 

Hye Kyo: “Think about it Nari. Isn’t it weird to go into a man house without him knowing we are coming? And as you know, I have never been to any of our male friends’ house before even I was formally invited for a party or an event.”

Nari: “Stop worrying too much, Hye Kyo. We came here because Kwang Soo asked us for help. We are not invading into his house. We are legally going in with the permission from Kwang Soo. And we came here to check up on sick Joong Ki, remember? We aren’t here for a party or to have fun. Just think of as a payback for what we have done.”

Hye Kyo: “Ya! What do you mean we? It was you, remember?”

Nari: “Haha, ok okay. It was me, but I’m sure I’m not the one patient wants to be taken care of. So shall we go ahead and see what is going on with your patient?”

“Are you done talking, Nari?” Hye Kyo asked getting annoyed by her friend.

Nari: “Yes, I’m, my dear.”

Hye Kyo: “Good. Let’s go and get it done already.”

 

They both walked into a very well organized home. “Wow! Look at it Hye Kyo. He is just as neat as you are” Nari complimented. Hye Kyo looked around and couldn’t stop the thought of praises. He indeed a very unique man, Hye Kyo thought to herself.

“Joong Ki ssi. Joong Ki. Are you there?” Hye Kyo called out for him. Then she continued “I don’t think he could hear or reply us, huh?”

Nari: “Shoot! Kwang Soo didn’t tell us where Joong Ki’s bedroom is. Now we gotta go and open every door available. Should we call Kwang Soo and ask?”

Hye Kyo: “Stop complaining, Nari. Let’s just look for it. Kwang Soo might be in the meeting by now.”

Nari: “Thanks God, it is just one story.”

 

The two friends walked down the simple yet elegant corridor knocking and calling Joong Ki’s name on every single door. They looked at each other when they found the last door to check. Hye Kyo looked away from Nari and she could literally feel her heart beat went infinite number per second. She was so nervous and at the same time she couldn’t wait to see him out of worried (that was what she thought, “worry”). She had been whispered a little prayer for him to get well soon while they drove down here. Feeling of sympathy, concern, worry, and guilt were all mixed up and out of all she sure had the foremost sentiment which she herself couldn’t tell what was about. Here she was standing just a door away from him and she sure about to have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter