Rain Rain Go Away

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Kyo was on her way to the public library to work on her dental school application and to finish up on some reading. On her way to the bus stop, she run into Nari who was driving in her convertible mini cooper. As soon as Nari saw Hye Kyo, she stopped her car right beside where Hye Kyo was walking.

 

“Hey! Beautiful, where are you heading to?” Nari shouted startling Hye Kyo.

 

“Oh my gosh, you scared me, Nari!” Hye Kyo responded pressing her chest from the unexpected approach of Nari.

 

Looking at her startled friend, Nari smiled and said “I’m so sorry if I scared you. I was just too excited to see my friend.”

 

With a mixed of surprised and happiness, Hye Kyo said to her long lost friend “you are always full with unexpected surprises as you used to be ever since you were in high school.”

 

Nari: “you know, I love surprises. Now, answer my question. Where are you going?”

 

Hye Kyo: “I’m going to the library.”

 

Nari: “Cool! Hop in then. I’ll drive you there.”

 

Hye Kyo: “Aren’t you on your way to be somewhere?”

 

Nari: “nah, I’m just driving around the town since I’m bored”

 

The rain started to fall while they were talking and Nari said “come on, girlfriend. Get in! You gonna get sick standing in the rain.” Knowing Nari, Hye Kyo gave in and took the passenger seat in the front. As they drove to the library, they two friends were having an overdue conversation. Looking at Nari, Hye Kyo asked “so, what are you up to these days, Nari? I haven’t seen you in months. Where have you been doing? And didn’t even bother to me at all.”

 

Nari: “nothing much. Just chilling at home and helping out at family’s business here and there. And about not calling you, I’m sorry. I was out of country to take some business classes in USA for a year. I was busy with classes and didn’t have time to call you.”

 

Hearing Nari’s reasons, Hye Kyo then pout and said “well, you should at least care to call me before you left.”

 

Looking at her cute friend complaining beside her, Nari replied with a smile “I know, I’m sorry again. It was a last minute plan that my parents asked me to do. I also found out two days before my leaving. Please don’t get mad at me for not contacting you all those times. I was just too busy adjusting my life in foreign country plus the intense study.”

 

Upon hearing her friend’s explanation Hye Kyo then smile and said “I’m not mad at you. I just felt sad thinking my friend abandoned me after all those years.” Pushing Hye Kyo’s shoulder, Nari replied with a serious face “why would I do that to my cute little friend that I could ever asked for? You know me so well Hye Kyo. I won’t let you go even you ask me not to be friend with you anymore.”

 

“Haha. I know! I still remember when we were in high school, when I asked you not to come and talk to me anymore because your other rich friends didn’t like you being around me. But you, you ignored what they thought of you and kept following me around which made your friends really mad and they didn’t talk to you anymore” Hye Kyo said it in the memory of once upon a time high school year. They both laughed at those good old times while driving in the rain. They finally reached to their destination where the local public library was located and Nari parked her car in the library parking lot. Before they got out from the car, Nari said “can we go eat something before we go in the library? I haven’t had anything for breakfast yet, please.”

 

Hye Kyo looked at her friend and said “here I go with the usual Nari! You always missed your breakfast because you over slept, right?”

 

Nari replied with a silly smile on her face “yes, my dear friend. Please, I’m hungry now.”

 

Hitting Nari’s head with her file, Hye Kyo replied “make it quick. I have to finish my application today and do some reading.”

 

Nari: “Thank you so much. I’ll make it so quick, I promise.”

 

Hye Kyo was looking at her friend who was eating her breakfast in front of her and said “I don’t have to worry about you anything since you are basically a spoiled rich girl encircled with a good family and life circumstances. But please tell me you are not wasting your time dating with random guys you see in your business meeting or whosoever.”

 

Hyo Kyo has always been worried for Nari. Nari was beautiful, open minded, smart, very frank, and on top of those, she was someone who can be down to earth even she came from a very rich family. But she hardly took things serious especially when it comes to her dating life. Given even their different social status, Nari and Hye Kyo became really close friends because Nari was never an arrogant type and they both found something really cherishable in each other that brought into their friendship. They both equally worried for each other time to time and always had been for each other.

 

Hearing her friend’s concern, Nari looked up her friend from her eating and replied with a grin on her face “please, don’t be my mother and start lecture me on this. I’m working on it, Hye Kyo. But it’s just too hard for me. You know, old habit hard to die, right?”

 

Hye Kyo sighed crossing her hands in front of her chest and said “you know that either me or your mother telling you this just because we love you. I’m worried that those guys might take an advantage on you. I want to see you settle down your life in a long lasting relationship with the one you really love. You are perfect in every way and I want to see you happy, Nari. You deserve the best.”

 

Knowing how worried her friend was, Nari then replied “I know and I thank you for loving me and always being a supportive friend to me. I promise you that one day, I will try to be the person you want me to be. I promise, Ok?”

 

Hye Kyo then signed again and said “I’ll be patiently waiting for that one day.”

 

“Ok. Enough with your lecture. Now, my turn!” Nari said looking straight at a confused Hye Kyo.

Hye Kyo: “your turn for what?”

 

Nari: “Tell me about you and your handsome Joong Ki.”

 

“Hey! What do you mean by “your?” He is not even mine! Watch what you say, you silly,” Hye Kyo replied wearing red cheeks on her face.

 

“You perhaps wanted to say not even mine yet, huh?” Nari friend noticing how red Hye Kyo’s cheeks were just by hearing Joong Ki’s name mentioned in their conversation.

 

Tossing a piece of dry food from Nari plate on her, Hye Kyo said “Ya! Stop it.”

 

“Wow! Why are you so red and shy my dear friend? Seems like Joong Ki can really make you so nervous and shy” Nari continued with her teasing.

 

“Are you done with your none sense talking, Miss Nari? If you are, then let’s get going to the library” Hye Kyo said looking so red yet cute.

 

Grabbing by Hye Kyo’s wrist, Nari stopped her friend from running away and said “Oh, no. You can’t just run away from me like this. I won’t let you go until you tell me everything what is going on between the two of you. I had heard people were talking about you two. Now, I want to hear it from you, so I can confirm what I heard was true.”

 

“What?! People talked about us?! About what? What is there to talk about when there is nothing really going on between us?!” Hye Kyo screamed in a very minimum voice with a surprised on her face.

 

“Don’t go cray cray on me now, my dear friend. They were just talking about how cute you two are together and how perfect you two can complete each other. And I also heard the rumor saying Joong Ki is the very first man people see you let him get closer to you. I was so shocked to hear that since I know you really well that the only men who can be closer to you are your dad and your brother, Taeyang. So tell me whether the rumor I heard was right or wrong” it was now Nari’s turned to get serious and asked her friend who was covering her red face with her hands.

 

Revealing her face from hiding behind her hands, Hye Kyo asked “where did you hear all of these from, Nari? I wasn’t even aware of people are watching us. It is so embarrassing. Oh my gosh! What should I do, tell me Nari?”

 

“There is nothing you can do, Hye Kyo. But just to prove them that they were right about you two” Nari replied with a big grin on her face earning a death glance from her friend who looked like she was about to cry from the embarrassment. Nari then continued but this time with a seriousness and said “I just heard it from your little community, Hye Kyo. The community that loves you and always looks out for you. From what I heard, I believe they really want you two to be together.”

 

Not believing what she just heard from her friend, Hye Kyo shaked her head tried to cover her face with her hands and said “wow, I didn’t even realize we were that obvious. Geeze, Nari, please help me! What should I do?”

 

“Oh O! meaning you are confessing that you two were a thing then, right Hye Kyo?” Nari asked looking at her friend with a joyous smile on her face.

 

Hye Kyo then explained everything to Nari from the first day she met with Joong Ki to the last time they talked about. After all, Nari was the only close friend Hye Kyo could always talk to without getting any judgement from her. After Hye Kyo stopped talking, Nari screamed with the most satisfied smile and said “I knew it! I could tell you two were going to be a thing ever since the day I first met you two standing too close to each other on that sidewalk under that evening sky.” Nari then held Hye Kyo’s hand and said “I wish and always pray for you to meet with the right man, my dear friend. You are such a good person and a person like you deserves nothing but the best in your life. I really hope Joong Ki can become the best part of your life. And if he hurts you or even makes you sad, he will have to go through me. I promise you that I’ll protect my cute little innocent friend from any harm as long as I live.”

Hearing Nari’s caring words, Hye Kyo then formed a smile on her face and said “I really thank God for our friendship, Nari. You are the best ever friend that I could ever asked for.”

 

Nari then replied with the same amount of smile “I will always here for you when you need me as you always have been there for me, Hye Kyo.”

 

Hye Kyo looked away from Nari and kept her gaze out of the window from where they were sitting in the café and said “this is my very first time having a feeling for a man and I really want to make sure this is what I really want or rather this is what I should go for. Especially when he is from a wealthy family with a very straight father, and he himself is a well know person in his wealthy community, and on top of that he has his fan girls for his popularity, I really need to consider for the next step I should take.”

 

Knowing how hard for Hye Kyo in the situation like that, Nari put up a smile on her face and said “I’m really glad to see you starting to open up your heart and considering someone to be a part of your life. I know that you might be scared sometime but please don’t get too emotional over other things. Just think to love and to be loved. From what I heard from you about him, he seems like he does really love you, Hye Kyo. I belive you will be blessed with his love and hopefully he will be blessed with your love too.”

 

Hye Kyo turned her face to Nari and said “thank you Nari. I’ll take my time and think about this very carefully.”

 

“Wow! Poor Joong Ki, he has to wait nine more months.” Nari added just to light up the mood in their serious conversation.

 

“Seriously Nari, which side are you on? I know it is not fair but I just want to make sure if this is what we both really want. Anything can happen during these nine months. You will never know, he might change his mind for another woman, right? This is called a test! And addition to that I want to learn more about his dad.” Hye Kyo reasoned pouting like a baby girl.

 

“Okay! I really hope and pray you both will pass this test with flying colors, but about his dad, I have no comment on that, my dear. So good luck with that.” Nari replied.

 

“Well, enough with our day dreaming and let’s get back to the reality, should we?” Hye Kyo said standing up and gathering her belonging to go to the library.

 

“Sounds great! Do you mind if I join?” Nari asked.

 

“As long as you keep quiet and let me finish my work, you are welcome to join,” Hye Kyo answered.

 

As Hye Kyo was immersed in her work while her phone vibrated for an incoming message. Hye Kyo picked up her phone and read the message saying “I miss you, Cupcake. ~JKi.”

 

Hye Kyo smiled as she read his message and she checked the time and replied saying “Shouldn’t you be in the meeting or something by now? ~ HK”

 

Joong Ki replied immediately adding a surprised emoji saying “Wow! You remember my schedule! I’m so happy. ~JKi.”

 

“Of course, I do, you silly. You just texted me about it last night. ~ HK.”

 

“Haha, ok. We just finished the meeting and I’m thinking of you as I’m walking back to my office. ~ JKi.”

 

“Ok, Mr. Cheesy. ~ HK.”

 

“Do you miss me? ~JKi.”

 

Hye Kyo’s heart flattered upon his message and started to blush and replied back “I’m in the library now. Gotta get back to my work. Ttyl. ~HK” just to avoid answering his question.

 

“In the library? ~ JKi”

 

“Yes. ~ HK.”

 

“Send me your picture, please. ~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter