To A Charming Future

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been exactly four days since Hye Kyo and her siblings staying at grandmom Grace’s residence to take care of her. Nun and Taeyang took turn with Hye Kyo for sleepover. The recovery wasn’t easy or fasten as for grandmom Grace as she was aging. But she had a full support from not only Hye Kyo but also the rest of the Song family. She was never left alone even she said was ok being alone.

 

“I feel such a burden to your family, Mrs. Song. I wish I can be recovered so soon” said grandmom Grace sitting against her bed headboard on her bed.

 

“Don’t you even worry about us, aunt Grace. You are a family to us. We love taking care of you. Plus, I love being at your home because I enjoy my time talking to you in your garden. It is such a relaxation every time I get to spend time in your garden. I even feel like I’m taking an advantage of your situation and taking a rest here” Mrs. Song jokingly said looking at grandmom Grace’s now smiling face.

 

“Aha! I’m glad to hear you are having a good time in my garden. And I’m blessed to be considered part of your family. You have such a beautiful family, Mrs. Song” grandmom Grace replied holding Mrs. Song’s hand.

 

Their conversation was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Mrs. Song went and get to the door to see Joong Ki and Kwang Soo with some grocery bags in their hand at the door step. As soon as the two young men saw her, they bowed their heads and greeted her. Mrs. Song bowed in return and said “Oh, come on in please.”

 

As soon as they were seated in the living room, they both sat down in front of Mrs. Song. Looking at the grocery bags, Mrs. Song teasingly asked “What is with all those groceries? Are you guys planning to party out tonight here at aunt Grace’s house?”

 

Knowing she was teasing, Kwang Soo replied “haha, you are funny Mrs. Song. We bought these for grandmom Grace and for your family too. Please don’t say no, or else we will feel so sad. Now, let me put these in the kitchen.”

 

“Thank you and I’m so sorry for not being able to be here 24/7, Mrs. Song. I should have taken full responsible for what I…..” before Joong Ki finished his sentence, he was stopped by Mrs. Song saying “why are you thinking and taking as if it was your fault, Joong Ki. How many times do I have to repeat myself saying it is not your fault? If you really love your grandmom Grace, please stop blaming yourself, understand?”

 

“Understood,” Joong Ki replied bowing his head.

 

Mrs. Song: “And next time, please don’t buy anything for us. It is ok if you want to buy it for aunt Grace but believe me, she will never run out of foods or anything under the care of Hye Kyo.”

 

“Oh, I’m 100% agreeing with you on that Mrs. Song. I just checked the kitchen,” Kwang Soo said walking back from the kitchen.

 

“Didn’t I tell you!?” Mrs. Song replied with a smile.

 

“And seems like grandmom Grace’s house was renovated or something. You should go check it out Joong Ki. Everything is crystal clean and things were now at where they supposed to be. Mrs. Song must have done a great job in the house!” Kwang Soo cheerfully said looking at his best friend.

 

“I only break by leg Kwang Soo. I’m still able to hear things clearly well!” grandmom Grace shouted out from her bedroom making everyone laughed.

 

“haha, I’m glad to hear it grandmom Grace” Kwang Soo said as they were walking into her bedroom.

 

“Are you trying to say that my house used to be a mess and not neat at all, Kwang Soo?” grandmom Grace teased Kwang Soo.

 

“Oh, NO! that’s not what I meant grandmom Grace. Your house always has been the most organized and clean place I have ever been. It is just, now that it looks more extra clean” Kwang Soo said sitting next to grandmom Grace holding her hand.

 

Wearing the most satisfied smile on her face, grandmom Grace said “It is all Hye Kyo! Look what she had done a great job around the house. You two have been to my house for many years and not even once made my house looked this neat and clean. All you two did was play and eat.”

 

“True that!” Kwang Soo said earning everyone’s laugh again.

 

Noticing how quiet Joong Ki was, grandmom Grace said “And what do we have in here in the room, Sir? Not even giving me a hug but standing there with that gloomy face.”

 

Joong Ki then moved closer to the bed and gave her a hug and said “I’m sorry.”

 

“You should be, Joong Ki, for not giving your grandmother a greeting hug. But please don’t be sorry for what you have not even done. I know you still feel guilty for what happened to me, but please know that you are not the reason I fall. If you will keep blaming yourself like this, please don’t come and see me, OK? Look into my eyes and say, “I understand” grandmom Grace said it firmly holding Joong Ki hands.

 

Joong Ki looked up to her as he was told and said “I understand.”

 

“Now, give me one more hug and bring me a cup of water. I’m thirsty talking to you guys” grandmom Grace said and asked it just to break the seriousness over their conservation. Everyone started to smile including Joong Ki as he walked out from the room to get the water.

 

As he was walking to kitchen, Joong Ki took a note on Kwang Soo’s comment and looked around the house. It was indeed neat and clean. He felt fresh just by looking at how everything is in places. He imagined Hye Kyo would go around the house organizing in her simple yet dearest clothes, and with her messy bun hairstyles. Just the thought of her could make him happy and he felt nothing but peace even after a long day of hard work at the office. He was so into his thought that he forgot what he was doing out here until he heard Kwang Soo yelled out from the room saying “Dude! I believe grandmom Grace wants to drink the water today.”

 

“Oh, yah, water for Grand Grace. That’s right!” he said it and smiling to himself knowing he was lost in his own thought of Hye Kyo.

 

They spent the rest of the day enjoying talking with Mrs. Song and helping grandmom Grace practicing her leg exercise routine. They also help gardening with Mrs. Song while grandmom Grace watched them sitting on the chair under the shaded tree. It was around 4:45 P.M. when Mrs. Song said “Well, since you two gentlemen are here, I’ll be heading home early today then. Have to go home and prepare dinner for the family. If you two are hungry, I have food in the refrigerator. Just make sure to warm it before you guys eat. Will you two be ok? If anything, please call me.”

 

Joong Ki: “We will be just fine, Mrs. Song. Thank you for everything. Please let me drive to your house.”

 

Knowing his best friend’s plan, before Joong Ki even had a chance to say anything else, Kwang Soo purposely jumped in and said “That’s right, Mrs. Song. Please let me be the person who drives you home safely. Joong Ki, you know better around the house than me, so you should stay back. I’m sure grandmom Grace needs you more than me in case she needs anything.”

 

Joong Ki knew his best friend’s intention, so he stepped on Kwang Soo’s foot and whispered in his ear saying “What are you doing, man? You are still mad at me for today, huh?”

 

“Exactly! How on earth you forced us to finish those load of works before lunch and rushed here as no tomorrow? Yes, I’m still mad and it is my payback time. Plus, I need to go somewhere after I drop off Mrs. Song” Kwang Soo whispered back with a grin on his face.

 

Looking at the two of them, grandmom Grace asked in concern “is everything alright, dears?”

 

“Oh! Everything is just fine. I was just making sure he would take a good care of you while I’m gone” Kwang Soon quickly replied smiling at both grandmom Grace and Mrs. Song.

 

Mrs. Song: “You guys don’t need to drive me home. I can just take the bus from here as I always do. Don’t worry about me. Just take care of aunt Grace.”

 

Kwang Soo: “No, Mrs. Song. Please let me drive you home. You will be home faster with car. Just give me your address and you will be home in no time. I also need to go somewhere, so it is just convenient for the both of us.”

 

Meanwhile, Joong Ki tried his best the urge to punch his best friend and said “yes, please Mrs. Song. You have worked so hard today. Go with Kwang Soo and take care.”

 

Mrs. Song: “Alright then, I’ll get going. Thank you guys. Bye, aunt Grace! Take care and will see you tomorrow.”

 

“Thank you for everything today, dear” grandmom Grace said hugging Mrs. Song.

 

It was almost 6 P.M. when Joong Ki checked his watched for 99th times. “It is almost an hour and he hasn’t come back yet” Joong Ki said walking back and ford in front of the dinner table.

 

Grandmom Grace: “Why don’t you try to call his phone, Joong Ki?”

 

Joong Ki: “He left his phone here, Grand Grace. Ugh! This guy.”

 

Grandmom Grace: “I see. Don’t worry. He is old enough to take care of himself. He will be home when the time comes.”

 

Joong Ki: “I’m just worry what is taking him so long. He better not eats dinner at Song residence!”

 

“Oh! That’s what you are worrying about, dear? I thought you were worrying about his safety” grandmom Grace smilingly said looking at irritated Joong Ki in front of her.

Joong Ki: “I have no concern about his safety, Grand Grace. After all he is a Karate second degree black belt. But I’ll beat that black belt in Karate friend of mind if he tries to have a meal with Song family before me.” After he realized what he just said, Joong Ki turned to look at grandma Grace and blurred out “umm… what I mean was that he should know we would be waiting for him for dinner.”

 

Grandma Grace: “Don’t be shy, dear. I know exactly what you really want to mean. I’m sure, he will be home for dinner. He is such a best friend of yours and you and I both know that he won’t do such thing to hurt you.”

 

Joong Ki: “I know, Grand Grace. But when it comes to Hye Kyo, I tend to be more worried and more caution of everything and everyone. I know I should not think of Kwang Soo as such.”

 

Grandma Grace: “Aww, dear. Keep your faith and everything will be just fine. Now, let’s enjoy our dinner while waiting for Kwang Soo, alright?”

 

Joong Ki was about to sit when he heard a door bell ring. He run to the door expecting to see Kwang Soo. But he was surprised to see the unexpected person standing at the door step. “Hy…. Hye.. Hye Kyo!” he literally shouted looking at the most beautiful person in front of him. Hye Kyo returned the same expression she said “Joong Ki!?”

 

Couldn’t control himself from the excitement from seeing Hye Kyo, Joong Ki then blunted out “Just the right person I was hoping to see the whole time!”

 

“Wait! What did you say? How come you are here?” Hye Kyo asked him surprising to see Joong Ki.

 

Looking lovingly at Hye Kyo, Joong Ki replied holding her arms “I miss you so much, Cupcake.”

 

“Silly” Hye Kyo said break free from his hold and she let herself in the house.

 

Joong Ki closed the door behind him and run after her to where she was heading. Before she entered the living room, he caught up with her by grabbing by her wrist.

 

Hye Kyo: “What are you doing, Joong Ki? Let go of my hand, now.”

 

Shaking his head, Joong Ki smirked and said “I’m here to take care of Grand Grace and I’ll let you go when I think I’m ready to let you go.”

 

Trying to free her wrist from his hold, Hye Kyo said “To take care of Grand Grace? Aren’t you supposed to be in your office working on your projects? And please let go of me, Joong Ki. I don’t want umma comes out and see us like this. It is embarrassing.”

 

Joong Ki took a step closer looking down into his embarrassed cupcake and said “you don’t have to worry about anyone seeing us like this, Cupcake. Umma went home already and Kwang Soo drove her home. Grand Grace is in the kitchen waiting to eat dinner. And I’m sure she can’t come out here to see holding hands.”

 

Hye Kyo then took a step back and said “If you want me to leave now, keep holding my wrist then.” Joong Ki immediately let go of her hand and said “I’m sorry. I was just so happy to see you.”

 

Ignoring what he just said, Hye Kyo continued “Umma went home already?”

 

Joong Ki: “Yes, since she knew me and Kwang Soo were here, she decided to go home early. And Kwang Soo drove her to your home. He should be back anytime soon. It has been an hour or so already.”

 

Hye Kyo: “If I knew, you two would be here, I would just go home. Umma should have called me too.”

 

Hearing her complaining, Joong Ki smile and said “We are meant to be here together, I guess.”

 

“Ya, you wish” Hye Kyo replied pouting and looking at him from the corner of her eyes.

 

Before Joong Ki said something, he was stopped by grandma Grace voice from the kitchen saying “Is everything alright, Joong Ki? Why are you taking so long to open the door for Kwang Soo?”

 

“It is not Kwang Soo, Grand Grace. It is me!” Hye Kyo said smiling and walking toward where grandma Grace was sitting. “I didn’t know umma went home early today. She usually went home until I get here. Seems like today you have extra nurses, that’s why she left early” Hye Kyo added.

 

Grandma Grace: “Oh! You are here, dear. Come, have a seat. Let’s eat dinner together. You must be hungry and tired from today at the store.”

 

“I’m not tired Grand Grace, but I’m hungry for sure!” Hye Kyo said hugging grandma Grace. When she was about to sit, Joong Ki, being a gentleman, pulled her chair back for her to sit in. Hye Kyo said “Thank you” and sat in. After they ate, Hye Kyo was getting reading for grandma Grace’s night time medicine, a pajama, and the other night time necessary while Joong Ki was washing dishes from their dinner. He insisted to do it, so Hye Kyo left him be. After they finished their respective chores, they both came into the living room where grandma Grace was watching news on television. “It is time for an exercise, Grand Grace!” Hye Kyo said and sat down at the feet of grandma Grace. Joong Ki almost sat on the chair but when he saw what Hye Kyo was doing, he decided to sit at the feet of grandma Grace too.

 

Joong Ki: “Let me do it. You can take a rest, Hye Kyo.”

 

Hye Kyo: “No, you can’t do it. But thank you though.”

 

Joong Ki: “Why I can’t do it? It is just a massage. Come on. I can do this. Believe me, ok?”

 

Hye Kyo: “You silly, not that I don’t believe you, Joong Ki. It is just that we have to follow the instruction from the therapist in order to do this exercise.”

 

Joong Ki: “Then teach me, so I can help. Please.”

 

Hye Kyo: “What is the point of teaching you? You won’t be here to take care of Grand Grace anyway.”

 

Looking down at the two of them, grandma Grace smiled and said “Ok, okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter