The Dark Boy Part 2

It Started With A Dream

*Dreams are written in this colour

"Noona~" the boy whined. "You don't think I'm weird right?"

"Never but I do find it strange that you were able to feel my presence and follow me here," I said.

"That's not the strangest part," he added. "When I was following you, I also felt Xiumin's presence but it was weak."

"It's probably because he's still asleep," I said as I looked towards the ocean.

"Don't be sad, noona. I'm sure he'll be here soon." I turned to look at him with a confused face. "Don't look at me like that, noona~ Everybody here in your dream world knows that you like him."

I felt my face reddened. "They do?"

He nodded and he flashed me a cheeky grin. "Since you created us, all of your thoughts and feelings are heard and felt by us."

"A-a-all of them...?" I stuttered as my eyes widened.

"You have really weird thoughts sometimes, noona." 

"Y-yea," I muttered.

"But it's okay. You have us and Xiumin so you're not alone anymore."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, your mind created us because you didn't want to be alone. So to prevent any more thoughts of committing suicide, your mind unconsciously created us and then you were able to take control of this world. Somehow your world was able to draw Xiumin here and his world became connected with yours." Could Xiumin have been lonely also which had drawn us to each other? "That's probably what had happened noona."

"Wow. For us to be drawn to each other must mean something, right?"

The dark skinned boy smiled cheekily at me. "That's up to you, noona?"

I sighed as I folded my arms. "I almost forgot you were just a three-year-old."

"And I almost forgot you were older than me, noona."

"Tch." I scoffed. "What am I going to do now?"

"Confess."

"Hah, are you nuts?! I can't confess to him."

"Why not, I sense that there is something between you two. This world too," the younger boy reassured.

"Still... Even if I did confess to him, what difference would that make? He doesn't have any romantic feelings for me."

"But, I really do feel something. Everyone does...," Myung-Ki murmured.

"What was that?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing. Anyway, shouldn't we summon Minseok here or something?" 

My eyes widened. "Summon?! We can do that?!" 

"Of course. Both Minseok and your world are connected now so I'm sure you're able to summon him whenever you want and that goes for him too."

"So if I were to," I paused to imagine up a phone in my hand. "...create a phone and call him right now. Would he come?"

Myung-Ki shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not too sure either. We can find out after you call him, ne noona?"

"Ne...," I murmured, looking down at the phone before hesitantly dialling in his number.

I slowly brought the phone up to my ear, listening to the dial tone and the sound of my heart beating louder in my ear.  

"He's not picking up—"

"Hello...?" a tired voice called out. 

»♦«

Minseok's POV

I don't want to be alone anymore. I don't want to be alone anymore. I don't want to be alone anymore. Dad, why did you have to leave me with such an awful goodbye gift? Debt, seriously, what were you thinking, abeoji?

I sat on the floor and held my head in my lap. Tears rolled down my cheek and I tried to calm the horrid thoughts that ran through my head by rocking myself back and forth. 

Just when I thought this nightmare wouldn't end, my phone rang. How does my phone work here? I reached into my pocket and read the caller ID to see that it was an unknown number. I sighed before answering the phone and bringing it to my ear. 

"Hello...?" My voice sounded more tired than I thought.

There was a brief silence before a shaky voice spoke up. "M-m-minseok? Is that y-you?"

My eyes widened when I realised who it was. I slowly lifted my head and rested my chin on my knees. 

"Yes, it is. Justina? How are you able to call me and how did you get my number?"

"Now that you mention it, I'm not too sure. Myung-Ki insisted I call you since you were taking a while to get here and then I just typed in a random number," Justina thoroughly explained.

"I see."

"So where are you?" 

"Back in my world... I think I'm having a nightmare so that's why I didn't come to your world. Sorry," I responded in a gentle but broken tone of voice.

"You don't have to be sorry, Minseok. Everyone has nightmares sometimes," she said, trying to comfort me. "Now, tell me where you are exactly. I'm coming to get you."

I smiled when she said that she coming. "The same place where we first met."

"You're... there?"

I hummed in response. "Ne, the place that connects our world together."

"The place that always finds its way to bring us back to."

"That engulfs us with sadness and clouds our thoughts with despair," I continued.

"No matter how far we run away from it. We can't escape from there," her voice became darker and darker.

There was only one place that we both knew all too well of.

"The abyss," we both said at the same time.

Silence erupted between us two before Justina spoke up. "Stay put. I'm coming to get you."

"Arasso." 

At that, she hung up and once she did, the thoughts penetrated my mind again. Reminding me of where I am and who I am. Justina... please hurry.

"Don't worry, I'm right here."

Through the darkness, a bright white light shone through a crack. It opened up more to reveal a smiling face. It was almost angelic but I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Justina," I whispered to which she hummed. "I'm cold. Hold me."

Her smile became wider and shone brighter that it was slightly blinding. She spread her arms up to me as if inviting me to them.

"Come here, Minseok."

My body responded instantly to her command and ran into her arms. Into the light.

 

a/n: Hi, my hyungs~! I finally used the quote for this story. I was wondering where to use it. Hahaha... Anyway, now we know where these two had met. During this little arc, I'm planning on explaining their backstories more and more about how the dream world actually works. Either this is where this story finally picks up the pace so I hope there are hyungs that are still following this journey with me.

Comment on what you think of this chapter!

~~~Kkaebsong~~~