Comfort

It Started With A Dream

*Dreams are written in this colour

The travel to the dark castle was rough. Through the darkness, a gust of wind literally blew us off our feet and Myung-Ki...

"Noona. Sal-lyeo...," a faint voice said from behind me.

I then felt a tug on my hand and heard Minseok yell, "Justina, snap out of it!"

Just like that, I did as he said and grabbed a hold of my senses to realise that Myung-Ki was slipping from Minseok's fingertips, and was flailing in the wind.

"Sal-lyeo-joo-seyeo! Noona!" Myung-Ki cried.

"Myung-Ki! Keep holding on, noona's coming to get you," I said to him. I looked towards Minseok, "If I close the portal, there's a 99% chance that we can save Myung-Ki but 1% that... that..."

"Don't worry, we will definitely save him," he reassured me with a smile. 

I nodded in agreement and closed my eyes. I felt the portal slowly close but it was closing so fast that I couldn't save Myung-Ki.

"Noona!" that was the last thing he said before the wind from the closing portal behind us him in.

With a pop, the portal closed and Myung-Ki was gone. Lost in time and space forever. He's gone. I'm the worst noona ever, I couldn't even protect him. I couldn't even— I fell to the floor and stared at where the portal was as tears slowly left trails on my face.

"Myung-Ki... Myung-Ki!" I cried out loud.

All of a sudden, everything started to turn black. No, not yet until I find where Myung-Ki. I'm not ready to wake up. No matter how much I tried to restrain myself, I couldn't stop my eyelids from closing. Before I knew it, I woke up in the real world.

» ♦ «

I slowly adjusted to the darkness before realising what happened.

"Myung-Ki...," I mumbled. "Mianhae."

"Don't be sorry," someone said through the darkness.

I flinched. "I didn't realise that you were there."

I heard movements as shuffling before I felt the bed sink down beside me and the sudden dark to light from my night lamp. With still wet tears in my eyes, I came face to face with my life saver who's eyes were filled with "Shh, I know so don't cry."

"Come here," he whispered before pulling me into his arms. I let out a sigh of relief as I sank into his chest. "Don't worry, we have the ability to control our dreams so I think finding Myung-Ki should be a piece of cake."

"I know but at that time, I wasn't even able to control my own freaking portal!" I yelled letting out some of my frustration.

"Then what does that make me?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"Nega!" he started. "I was the one that couldn't even hold his freaking hand!"

I couldn't make out anything else but mutter, "Sorry."

"No, I didn't mean it that way," he reassured me once he noticed I had stopped talking. "I don't want you to take all the blame. We were both at fault."

"Thank you, Minseok."

"No worries... I'm here for you," he hesitated.

I looked up into his eyes and saw something that I was all too familiar with. He's lying. I'm starting to see a pattern now. It seems whenever he's trying to comfort me, he uses words that everyone would like to hear so he could make them feel better but at the moment I don't feel anywhere near that since I know that he doesn't really mean it. We kept staring into each others' eyes before I opened my mouth to speak.

"Minseok," I said, calling attention to myself. 

"Hmm, do you have something to say?" he asked, softly.

"Are you lying to me? Do you want to watch his movie?" I asked with a forced smile.

His eyes widened a bit before replying with a simple, "Yes."

"I'll go get some snacks and drinks while you can choose a movie on the TV," I ordered as I was getting up from the bed.

"No, I'll get the food and drinks while you choose the movie," he commanded, pushing me gently down back onto the bed.

"Ani, you're my guest so I'll get the things and besides I bet you don't even know where to find the snacks," I boasted.

I smirked and got up feeling like a boss until I fell face first onto the floor. He's asking for his death sentence, isn't he? I looked over my shoulder with a death stare to see that he was sticking his tongue out. This little—

Before I could even finish my thought, he leaped—bloody leaped— over me and turned back to make a mocking face at me before running off. Is he for real? I don't even know anymore.

I sighed before getting up and dusted myself off. I walked to my kitchen to see that Minseok had done some scavenging and actually for where I hid my secret stash of snickers. Immediately upon witnessing him pulling out that locked black box out of a small part that I had cut into the back of my cupboard, I swore I ran like Usain Bolt and shoved the black box back into its compartment.

"What the—" was all he could make out before I flipped him over onto his back. 

"No one hurts me and gets away with it," I warned, boring him with my eyes.

"I know, sorry," he grumbled before reflecting back my stare.

I snickered at his attempt to intimidate me. "No one has ever dared to look back at me with those eyes before but sadly this will be the last time."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

For a split second, I was caught off guard and that gave him an opening. He swiftly moved towards me driving me to walk backwards until my counter had hit the edge of the counter. He didn't let me have a chance to escape as he had already placed both of his arms on either side of me. I wouldn't let him capture me so soon so I slid down so I crawl away but he caught onto what was doing and reacted fast. He kept staring at me and he couldn't get my attention so he called out my name.

"Justina," he smoothly called out before cupping my left cheek. 

He brought his face closer to mine and all I could think of doing was to close my eyes and pucker my lips. He better kiss me or I will make him regret it.

Hello, my hyungs~ So sorry for the late update but there wasn't any inspiration until I was watching the cute refreshing drama called Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo and I was just yes, go girl! Anyways, this episode happened and I feel recharged to get back into the story. 

Justina is turning out to be more tsundere than anything at the moment but not sure if that's what I;m looking for. Whatever, we'll see as this series progresses. Similar to Justina, Minseok is being to seem caring but not really type so there's something going on there with his personality. All around, I'm still kind of iffy with the characters and playing around with them but not too much. Sorry for rambling. /bows/

Thank you for reading and be sure to leave a comment on anything in this chapter. I love reading your thoughts, it helps me to see what you guys like and looking for so I can improve.

~~~Kkaebsong~~~