2 - Jaehwa's Past

2 Paths; 1 Way

 

 

Jaehwa's P.O.V.
 
 
I was silently reading a novel, sitting on a bench in the park, as I watch couples passing by. I envy them. 
 
I wish someday though, I would find the right guy for me. Like how I read in stories, I would want that happily ever after too. 
 
Umma and appa always showed their love, I would want a relationship like them. 
 
As of now, I'm not ready yet, I'll wait for that right moment. The right moment when I'll be ready to open my heart...
 
*flashback*
 
 
Narrator's P.O.V
 
 
Jaehwa was still 13, she was peacefully reading her book when her crush was passing by. She immediately blushed and she decided to hide. 
 
When she suddenly noticed, her crush was going towards her best friend. And there, that exact moment, her best friend was kissing her crush. She dropped her books due to shock and she immediately ran away to the farthest place she could think of. 
 
She reached a large tree, so she settled there and sat down, lettting her tears fall. She was hurt, her best friend knew she had a crush on that guy for years. Yet there she was, just kissing in front of her. 
 
She heard many rumors that they were dating, however she just ignored them. Now she believes in it, and she's deeply hurt over it. 
 
She decided one way to move on from that little crush of hers, to let go. She would be willing to support him and her best friend, even if it would hurt her.
 
Everyday, she would see her best friend and her crush hang out. She's always be there to support them, help them fix their problems with each other, and set up their dates.
 
However, one day something, gave her quite a surprise. She was sitting on a bench under the tree of the school's garden during break time, eating her snacks. When suddenly, her best friend came running towards her, crying.
 
"What happened?" Jaehwa asked
"He... he... he cheated on me..." her best friend said in tears.
"It's alright.." Jaehwa patted her best friend's back.
"I'm sorry Jaehwa, I stole him from you... It's just that... I really liked him.."
"Shhh.. it's okay."
Jaehwa quietly listened to her best friend's story. How her crush just came to her best friend, to play with her heart.
 
She was mad, she was fumming, she hates it when her friends are being hurt. Knowing it was her crush, was the one who actually hurt her best friend hurt her more. She had to let her best friend go, she let her feelings go, and to think she liked a total jerk.
 
"Jaehwa, promise me, never go with a total jerk like him. I don't want you to be hurt like me. I don't want you to go through what I have experienced."
She nodded. 
 
Ever since then, she never opened up her heart. She would just think of guys as friends, never did she want to fall for them. Not when she was not ready...
 
 
*End of Flashback*
 
Back to Jaehwa's P.O.V. 
 
Guys can be real jerks, I don't trust them. I'd only trust Jaehyo oppa, along with appa. I trust a few of my guy friends too, especially Channie, but I know I won't be ready to fall for anyone yet. 
 
Maybe someday, I'll open up my heart... 
 
I decided to walk along the park more, until I spotted a pond. I quickly went to a farther path and stayed away from the pond as much as possible. 
 
*Flashback*
 
After that incident when her best friend was broken hearted Jaehwa stayed away from guys more often. 
 
One day, she was strolling along the park watching the scenery. 
 
She sat down by a bench near the pond, looking at the ducks swimming. Suddenly, a drunk guy came towards her.
 
"Why is a fine looking, not to mention Y looking lady sitting out here alone?" he asked seductively. Jaehwa simply ignored him and looked away.
"YAH! WOMAN! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE SOMEONE LIKE ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU?!?" he screamed. 
 
He suddenly pinned her on the bench preparing to her. He leaned in to kiss her when suddenly a loud crash was heard. She looked up to see Jaehyo who had just punched the drunkard.
"DON'T YOU EVER DARE GO NEAR MY BABY GIRL!" Jaehyo yelled through gritted teeth.
"WHO ARE YOU? THIS Y LADY'S BOYFRIEND?" the man went to Jaehwa once more and tried to kiss her again when Jaehyo punched him in the face once more. The man stood up ready to push Jaehyo to the pond when Jaehwa ran up to block him and was pushed instead.
"JAEHWA!!!" Jaehyo screamed. That was the last sound she heard before everything went black.
 
Jaehwa couldn't swim, and due to the shock she couldn't move either. Jaehyo quickly dived in and grabbed her back to land. She was unconcious so Jaehyo quickly called for an ambulance. As for the man, he ran away.
Luckily, Jaehyo was there to save her, or else she could've died drowning.'
 
Ever since then, she was afraid of large bodies of water, She didn't trust guys, and Jaehyo became more protective of Jaehwa. Jaehwa rarely trusted guys.
 
*End of flashback*
~~~~~
A/N:
 
Cazia: Second chapter. All about Jaehwa's past~ It's pretty long as well..OTL. Jaehwa seems interesting, hmmmmmmm? ;) Anyways! Hope you also enjoyed this~ Erika worked hard to write this in one night L O L
 
Erika: Cazia was annoying me to write this, so here it is~!!! Jaehwa's sad story hmmm? I had to make this longer than the original since Myungsoo's past was long as well. Hope you all enjoyed this~