Flashback Of The Past

Wife&Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* Knock Knock * 

"Leave alone Jung." Tiffany assumes that it is Jessica since the blonde girl is the only one who have the key to the house.

"I got some food for you, Tiffany, I thought that you might be hungry." Tiffany's stomach growl again and it was loud enough so that Jessica could hear it from outside that room. It makes Jessica chuckle for a bit

"I don't need it." Even though Tiffany is hungry she still has her pride to hold on to.

"I'll just leave it in the fridge for you. Come and eat it when you're hungry." Then Jessica left. Tiffany heard a pop and clink of glass in the kitchen and the fridge being open and finally the sound of the light switch.

When Tiffany didn't hear any noises coming from outside the room, she opens the door a little bit and peeks outside to check and make sure that Jessica isn't in the living room or the kitchen. When she was sure that Jessica is not there, she careful steps out of the room, making sure not to make any noises. 

Tiffany headed to the kitchen, on the way there she accidental kick the chair and let out series of curses before realizing that she is too loud. She opens the fridge to see a white to go box place on the top shelf. She reaches for it and pulls it out before closing the fridge and stick the food in the microwave. 

In the guest room, Jessica is chuckling at Tiffany clumsiness when she heard the redhead kicks the chair and Tiffany cuteness when redhead curses. She knew that her wife is hungry but she too stubborn to admit it.

She opens the door and peeks out making sure that Tiffany is doing ok, she let out another chuckle when she saw how Tiffany clumsily handles the hot box. She closes the door and let Tiffany do whatever because she felt like a creepy stalker when she secretly watching her wife like this.

Jessica lay on the bed and thought back about the past. After all, she broke the promise she made with Tiffany in the past and it is her fault that redhead doesn't remember her who she is. 

 - Flashback -

"Hello, my name is Stephanie Hwang, but you can call me Tiffany. What's your name?" The loud and bubbly girl ask the lone girl sitting on the swing.

"I-I-It's.....Jessica Jung." Jessica unconsciously lets out a small smile to the girl in front of her as the little Tiffany is the most beautiful human being she has ever seen. 

"Oh it's a beautiful name, it suits you well." Little Tiffany gives little Jessica an eye-smile and when Tiffany's eyes turn crescent, it really fascinated Jessica. "Why are you sitting here all alone, you should go play with them." Tiffany pointed at the group of kids by the sandbox.

"They don't want to play with me." Jessica's face turn sad again

"Then I can play with you, you will be my new and only best friend." The little Tiffany declared with confident in her voice.

"Let's play on the swing." Jessica gets off of the swing and lets Tiffany sit on it before she pushes it forward letting the seat swing back and forth."

"Jessicaaaaaa, higher higher." Tiffany let out a melodious laugh and soon after Jessica joins in with the happy girl, she's glad that Tiffany had approached her and want to be her friend.

"Tiffany, do you what to go to my house? My mommy is making delicious Korean food today." 

"Where do your live?" 

"That blue house right there." Jessica points to a blue house nearby the park. 

"Oh, I live in the yellow house right next to your house." Tiffany happily claps her little hands together. 

"Then let's go, my mommy will be happy that I made a new friend today." Jessica grabs Tiffany's hands and pulls the girl along to her house. She opens the door to her house and loudly greets her mother. "Mommy, I'm home and I brought a friend." 

"Sooyeon, honey......oh hi there little one." Julia is shocked to see Tiffany as Jessica rarely brings anyone into their house. 

"Hello Mrs. Jung, I'm Stephanie Hwang but please call me Tiffany, I'm Jessica new friend." Tiffany bow politely. 

"Hwang? Are you by any chance Henry Hwang and Rebecca Hwang daughter?" 

"Yes, ma'am. How do you know my parents?" 

"My husband and I are friends with your parents, but actually, the two families knows each other from way back." 

"Mommy, Tiffany's live in the yellow house next to us." 

"That mean, we are neighbors. Are your parents home Tiffany?" Julia's face turn serious as she remembers something, but she didn't say it out loud to the girls.

"My mommy is at home, but my daddy is working, he'll be home later, though." 

"You two go up to Jessica's room and play, I'll go talk to Tiffany's mother, I'll be back soon you two. Be safe and behave." 

"Yes, mommy/Mrs. Jung." The two little one answer at the same time.

Jessica pulls Tiffany up to her room as Julia's head out and over to the neighbor. "Wahhhh!!!!!! Jessica, your room is nice." 

"It's normal, how does your room look like?" 

"It's not as nice as this one and it's mostly pink because that my favorite color." 

"I like yellow better, pink is too girly." 

"It's not girly." Tiffany pouts. "Ohhhhh Jessica, can I have this pink Totoro?" Tiffany attention went to the stuffed doll since it's her favorite color and her favorite character. 

"Sure, and I'll keep this other Totoro, so we can have matching pairs." Jessica shows Tiffany the other Tororo but in a different color.

"Thank you, Jessi." Tiffany's eye smiles at her friend.

"What did you called me?" 

"Jessi.......do you not like it?" Tiffany frowns

"No no no, I love it, keep calling me that Tiffany." 

"You should give me a nickname too."

"What do people usually called you?" 

"Fany, Steph or Miyoung." 

"How about I call you Tiff?" Jessica smiles brightly.

"Yeah, I love that Jessi, you can call me that." Tiffany launches herself at her best friend and gives her a big bear hug.

"Jessi, let's play family, I'll be the mom and you're the dad, the two Totoro can be the kids."

"Why do I have to be the dad?"

"Because I'm more girly so I more fit to be the mom."

"Ok ok." 

After that day Jessica and Tiffany became the best of friends, no one could come in between them. Jessica often protects Tiffany from the bullies since the other girls are too nice to everyone and some people take advantage of her for that. Jessica seem cold to others but she never is to Tiffany, she always does things that Tiffany wants to make her best friend happy.

"Tiff, let's have a sleepover today."

"That means movies night." The ten years old Tiffany cheers.

Jessica smile at her best friend, "What movies do you want to watch Tiff?" Jessica still asks even though she already knows what Tiffany answer is.

"My Neighbor Totoro."

"But Tiff, we have seen that movie hundred of times. What if we see a different movie."

"But Jessi, I like that movie, let's watch it again." Tiffany convinces Jessica with puppy eyes 

"That's no fair Tiff, I know I'm weak against your eye smile."

"Come on Jessi......come on, come on, come on."

"Ok ok, we will watch that movie."

"Thank you, Jessi, I love you." Tiffany blurts out without much thought, but it still makes Jessica blush even though she was only ten and didn't have full knowledge of what love really is."

"I love you too Tiff."

- End Of Flashback - 

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" Jessica heard a scream from outside the room and it snaps her out of her thoughts, she immediately jumps out of bed and rushes out to the kitchen.

"Are you ok Tiffany? What happen?"

"Bollae bollae bollae bollae." Tiffany pointed at the little cockroach on the ground as she shaking in fear and try to hide behind something. Jessica is trying hard to hold in her laughter at the cute bug rap that Tiffany did.

Jessica went into the kitchen to get a tissue, then she came back out to the living to pick up the small cockroach and squish it. "There you go."

"Thank you." Tiffany didn't know why she blurts that out, but it's too late to take it back

Jessica's face turn surprise for a second because it's been a long time since Tiffany has said anything nice to Jessica. "No problem, you should go rest, it's late now. Goodnight Tiffany." 

Tiffany didn't answer back, she just heads straight to her room and closes the door behind her. 

Jessica went back to the kitchen to throw the paper with the dead bug into the trash before washing her hands and head back to the guest room. She laid back onto the mattress and once again absorb in memories of her childhood

- Flashback -

"Jessi, promise me that you would stay with me forever and you would never leave me no matter what." Tiffany reaches out her pinky finger to Jessica.

"I promise Tiff, I would never leave you no matter what, we are going to be together forever." Jessica intertwines her pinky with Tiffany, giving her best friend the seal of their promise. 

They are laying down on a blanket in Tiffany's back yard, enjoying the night sky full of stars. 

"Oh Jessi, look it's a shooting star, make a wish Jessi." Tiffany pointed at the moving object in the sky. They both clasp the hands together, close their eyes and make a wish.

"What did you wish for Tiff?" Jessica asks when they both open their eyes.

Tiffany inches her lips close to Jessica's ears, "It's..............a secret." she whispers to her best friend.

"YAHHHHH!!!!!!!! You meanie." Jessica hits Tiffany's arm

"It's supposed to be a secret Jessi or the wish won't come true." Tiffany hugs Jessica and explains to the pouting girl. "Stop pouting Jessi or I won't love you anymore."

Jessica immediately stops pouting when Tiffany said that, "No, no, I want you to love me." Now that Jessica is older and she understands what the concept of love is; she also realizes that she is not attracted to guys like most girls do, but attracted to girls, specifically a girl by the name of Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. Jessica never told Tiffany about the crush that she had on her because well......she knows that Tiffany like guys, so she didn't want to ruin their friendship because of Jessica selfishness.

"That's my Jessi," Tiffany smiles and pecks Jessica's cheek, make the older girl blush. "I love you, Jessi."

"I love you too Tiff." They snuggle closer to each other. 

~ Two Weeks Later ~

"Tiff, there is some-something I want to te-tell you." Tiffany and Jessica are standing in front of their school, classes just finish, Tiffany and Jessica are about to go or so that's what Tiffany thought.

"What is it, Jessi?" Jessica had head down unable to look at Tiffany in the eyes.

"I-I-I'm leaving, my family is moving back to LA." Jessica didn't want to leave her best friend/crush, but she didn't have a choice, she just couldn't stay back in Seoul.

"WHAT????? WHY??????" Tears start to builds up in Tiffany eyes and that really break Jessica's heart, but it's better to tell Tiffany, then leave without saying a word and that would hurt the younger girl more. 

"My dad said that there are some problems with the company over there and he had to go back and fix it."

"But can't you stay here Jessi." More tears fall from the younger girl eyes and now Jessica is also crying too 

"I'm sorry I can't stay here. I had tried to convince my parents to let me stay, but they refuse. They said that I'm too young to stay here by myself and also I don't have any other family members that live here in Korea that I can stay with."

"But Jessi, you promise me that you were going to stay with me forever no matter what."

"I know and I'm sorry that I can't keep my promise to you Tiff, I such a bad best friend."

"Jessica, I hate you.....I hate you, I hate you, you liar, I hate you." Tiffany pounds her fists on Jessica's chest. Jessica didn't retaliate or do anything to stop the other girl, she knew that the younger girl is angry and she had the right to be angry.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..........." Jessica apologizes nonstop, she wraps her arms around Tiffany and hugs the girl tightly. 

'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you." Tiffany loosens Jessica hug and took off running toward the direction of her house.

"Wait Tiff...........where are you going?" Jessica chases after her best friend, even though Jessica never once in her life run for anything, but of course, if it's for Tiffany Hwang, then Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter