Myungya

Drabbles

Hoya knows he shouldn’t be jealous with the fact that all of his friends each have a pair, like how Sungyeol got Bora, Sungkyu got Dongwoo, and Woohyun—well he wasn’t so sure about Woohyun but Woohyun is a grease ball so he’s bound to have someone at a very least.

He gets how people can easily fall in love with someone, but to open up to someone that he “Lee Howon” the guy who hates dating and only focus on his dancing, is actually in love with someone, is quite hard. How can he resists? Because that guy that he fall in love with is cute, and he manages to steal Hoya attention from everything that he cares about in life.

“Hoya! Let’s grab something to eat” Bora says and suddenly feels a drop of cold water dripping down on his head. Hoya needs to lift his head up to see that Bora was offering him a bottle of cold water and a towel.

“Thanks” Hoya gladly accepts but of course, he does receives some glare from Sungyeol. “She’s not hitting on me!” He shouts and that seems to work because Sungyeol turns his head away and focus more on his moves.

If Hoya was to be honest, he would says, that Sungyeol is improving—in dancing. He knows the first reason for Sungyeol to join this dance practice, was actually to make sure that Bora is not hitting on anyone or vice-versa.

But it seems that the group managed to make him to wanna try dancing and well, let just say he now has a new hobby to do—well better than goes water-skiing.

“I think I’m gonna pass” He says, and drinks the water gladly, because dancing requires a lot of energy and Hoya is pretty much tired from all the moves.

“You know, you always rejected our offers to eat out after practices, why not today spare us the time and hangout with us” Woohyun says as he slides himself against the wall, and sits just beside the main dancer. “It’s not like you have some important things to do anyway”

Oo yes he does, if only Woohyun knew.

Hoya glances over the wall to look at the clock. It’s almost 5pm and if Hoya can hurries himself to that place, maybe he would bumps to the guy and offers him a smile, and maybe a coffee and talks about the likes and dislikes—obviously a date.

“Sorry guys but not today” He said, grabbing his things in a hurry. It's almost time for him to go – like always – “I’m busy with something”

And before Woohyun was about to ask about that, Hoya is already dashing out from the room, carrying his bag on his shoulder and quickly heads out to his destination.

What Hoya had imagined before wasn’t actually came true. Because once he arrived at the cafe, Myungsoo was already there, working, with a smile on his face, and Hoya swears, the smiles always get his heart to melt into a puddle.

This is the reason why Hoya was seated in his usual place, which is right directly to where Myungsoo was standing, taking orders, and prepares the drinks. He’s very hardworking and dedicated to his job, Hoya observes. And since Hoya indirectly knew the owner of the café—he’s Dongwoo’s uncle, he hears a lot about him and how lucky the boss to have him as a worker- despites having to study as too, but still, never once Myungsoo complains about anything about works.

Hoya places his paper works on the table and opens up his laptop. He tries hard to resist wearing the specs because Woohyun would always say that he looks like a nerd, and of course, that is not what Hoya intended to show to Myungsoo.

Hoya waits for his order but it has been almost 10 minutes, but still the drink hasn’t arrived yet. Usually it will only takes four to five minutes for his order to arrive, and heard the melodious voice, calling his name, but none came.

“Hoya?”

Hoya lifts his head, in a slow motion that seems to be so dramatically in people’ eyes, and was blinded with the beautiful smile of none other than Kim Myungsoo.

“You’re Hoya, right? Your drink is here” He says, handling the cup on the table. “I’m sorry it took so long. I was waiting for the line to finish, and since you were so busy earlier, I thought I can buy myself some time. It was clearly my fault and I shou—“

“It’s okay” Hoya cuts him. Who knew the famous L was actually talkative. Everyone was buzzing around the entire college that Myungsoo was actually a quiet boy and only speak one or twice with his best friend, Minseok and also maybe some students too but only if it’s related to college’s works. But needless to say, Hoya loves this talking-side of him though.

“I’m sorry again, Hoya-sshi” Myungsoo says, bowing down, and it takes a lot of guts for Hoya to resist patting and touching the boy’s fluffy hair.

“Just call me Hoya” He says, offering the friendliest smile that he could offers. Not even his friends were special enough for Hoya to give this genuine smile.

“Okay” Myungsoo replies, giving the same smile. And maybe it was Hoya’s imagination, but there’s a tinted blush on Myungsoo cheeks. “I’m My—“

“Myungsoo!”

The guy couldn’t finish his words, when suddenly someone jumps on his back, and arms circling his whole body. Hoya heard the guy flinched, but he couldn’t focus on that, not when he knew the guy that was now back hugging his crush. And when the said guy turns to Hoya,

“Hoya?”

“Woohyun?”

“What are you doing here?” Both ask spontaneously.

“Oh Hoya!” Bora too? And that must means…

“Why are you here?” Sungyeol suddenly shows up.

Great. The whole gang is here.

Hoya was about to explain himself, but then, he notices that Woohyun arms are still locking the younger in his embrace, which send uneasy feeling to his vine.

“You guys know each other?” Hoya asks, most likely points out. Because it seems that it was pretty much obvious that they knew each other, but Hoya wants to make sure something first. Myungsoo couldn’t actually be Woohyun’s b—

“He’s my boyfriend”

What?

“Isn’t he cute?” Woohyun keeps smiling and ruffles the younger’s hair—the gesture that Hoya wanted to do earlier. Hoya also notices the smile Myungsoo gave as Woohyun keeps staring at him and all of that make Hoya sick.

“I think I need to leave” Hoya quickly says and packing his stuffs ready to go. If he stays here any longer, Hoya may just burst his anger or even tears maybe.

“But we just got here! Why are you leaving so soon?” Hoya hears Bora whines but he couldn’t care less, he has to get out of here.

“I got to go, see you guys later” And with that, Hoya walks pass Woohyun and Myungsoo and heads to the door to quickly disappear from that place.

Woohyun lets go from holding the younger's waist and sit himself on the chair that Hoya sat just now. “Look. He hasn’t finished his coffee” He says, and drinks it from the straw but soon regrets it. “Urgh I hate latte”

Myungsoo eyes still haven’t left to where Hoya just walked out. Hoya was fine a moment ago so now he was a little confuse why suddenly Hoya left and to be honest Myungsoo is actually disappointed that he didn’t even get to finish properly greets him earlier.

He walks back to the counter and ignores Woohyun calling him from behind.

….

Three days had passed and Myungsoo still hasn’t seen Hoya. Not in college and not even in the café. It made him, wonders, did he done anything wrong. Was Hoya in trouble? And why is he worrying about it so much and can’t even stop thinking about him.

The day Myungsoo actually found Hoya was Friday and Hoya was sitting alone somewhere near the field.

Myungsoo is not a creeper but he just can’t stop himself from stalking Hoya. He wanted to talk to him, but he doesn’t even know why he couldn’t.

But still, he makes his way to where Hoya was sitting on the bench, looking at the boys playing football. He notices Hoya was wearing his earphones on which explains why he didn’t notice Myungsoo’s appearance.

“Hi” Myungsoo starts but Hoya didn’t budge. So, he had to pat the elder shoulder to get his attention.

And when he does, Hoya’s eyes go wide.

“Can I sit here?” Myungsoo asks.

He nods.

There’s an awkward silence enveloping them and it seems that both of them are not going to start any conversation any sooner.

So, Myungsoo was the first to speak up. “I haven’t seen you around for this few days” He says sheepishly. He wasn’t very good in starting a talk anyway.

“Yea, been busy with my works lately” Hoya says, still not looking at the younger.

“Oh” Myungsoo was fidgeting his fingers, because he was so pretty much nervous. He never felt like this before, and it’s seriously his first time acting like this. “I miss your presence” He adds. His eyes are looking down to the ground. “It’s weird not seeing you around”

Myungsoo lifts his head and Hoya was now staring at him with disbelief in his face and that made Myungsoo looks back to the ground. He feels like he did something wrong, by the way Hoya was staring at him.

It was quiet again, and Myungsoo was starting to feel tense about the whole situation. Maybe Hoya isn’t comfortable talking to him and doesn’t even wants to see him.

“You should go” Hoya says. “Woohyun must be looking for you. You wouldn’t wanna make you boyfriend worries”

Myungsoo snaps his head to look at Hoya and asks, “boyfriend?”

“Woohyun is your boyfriend, am I wrong?” And now Hoya is confuse that Myungsoo was confused about this.

“No!” Myungsoo shutters. “No he‘s not my boyfriend! I would never be with someone like him!” Myungsoo quickly defends himself.

Woohyun is a good guy and a good friend. But he can’t see him as his ‘boyfriend’. It gives him a weird feeling and even frighten a bit by just imagining himself being Woohyun’s boyfriend.

“But he said—“

“No!” Myungsoo shakes his head innocently and the feel of happiness is reaching Hoya slowly that he might just kiss the younger in front of him right now. “Ahh, if this was about the other day at the café, you should know that it was Woohyun’s ways of joking”

Well then—

“That’s one idiot way of joking” Hoya murmurs slowly but Myungsoo catches the words loud and clear. He gives out a little chuckle, and Hoya mind just went crazy hearing that cute voice.

“Woohyun is just being Woohyun. We couldn’t argue with him” Myungsoo says, rubbing his neck. He feels nervous again all of the sudden and he couldn’t even look properly at Hoya.

“So, you’re single?”

Myungsoo lifts his head and saw sparks in Hoya eyes. He smiles and says, “Yes”

“Can I ask you out then?”

Blush comes running down to Myungsoo’s cheek and he slowly nods, and adds, “Yes”. He smiles, looking at Hoya and, “I would love to”.

Hoya smiles, and replies, “I would love to too”.