Myungyeol

Drabbles

If only Myungsoo had confessed to him years ago when they were actually friends. Friends who always hangouts with each other, just the two of them, no one else. Friends who only got separated when they have to. 

He thought that maybe the long waits would pay off knowing that Myungsoo would still waits for him patiently and being loyal to only him even when they didn’t meet afterwards and even when years had passed.

But Myungsoo was wrong.

Now he can only hold back the tears from flowing because crying won’t fix anything. Nothing can ever change. He was too late and he can only blame himself for this to happen.

Well, at least Sungyeol is happy. He’s happy with someone else by his side. And that someone is not him.

“He proposed! God Myungsoo! He finally proposed!”

Myungsoo knows that he should be happy because his best friend is getting his love of his life, even when he knows that he has already lost his.

“I’m happy for you!”

All Myungsoo could do right now is giving his best friend a hug and wish for his happiness. Five years of waiting is just a waste. But of course, how can he not be happy seeing Sungyeol is happy, right? Sungyeol is his best friend after all. And best friends should at least support each other.

Myungsoo loves Sungyeol—more than a best friend should. But he kept it all to himself because who’s him and who’s Sungyeol. They are in their own different level. Sungyeol is a great guy, smart, lovable and an easy going person. Everyone would fall in love with him.

Even though Myungsoo can’t have him as the person he wanted to live with, but he won’t regret loving him nevertheless. Thanks for the love he had for Sungyeol, he tried to be a better person, a person who can stand on the same level as him, the perfect guy who seemed to be match-made in heaven and maybe, be a pair where everyone would say, hey! Both of you look great together! I'm jealous!

He remembers how Sungyeol managed to make him loves music. All the guitar lessons that Sungyeol gave him made him understand music more and might even learned it deeper-- and did. Myungsoo pursued in music major and he finally got a certification degree for the course. And now he joined a band that will soon debut in Korea.

He remembers when Sungyeol always a lot back in the days just because, your smile is beautiful and I want to see them more! It’s funny because when Sungyeol was encouraging him using those words, it was the time when Myungsoo actually felt down-graded with all those studying. But Sungyeol never pointed that out, he just kept smiling and telling Myungsoo all those cliché words that usually found in dramas, but still, it kept Myungsoo happy and even felt a little motivated to further on.

“I hope you will find your happiness too Soo! Only then, you will know how beautiful life will turned out”

Myungsoo can only smiles at that. I hope so too, Yeol...I hope so too.